2012-2013 Spring Hill Volleyball!

Panther89

Don't know their overall record but they did win the van tournament and beat White Oak today.

Thank you for the update! Congrats to the SH Lady Panthers! WO, in my opinion, is still the best 2A team in the state! Best of luck to the Lady 'Necks in 2012!

According to their schedule, the Lady Panthers were hosting a tournament this past Friday and Saturday, but there was no mention of any results in the LNJ! Were there any games, and if so, what were those results?

It was a JV and Freshmen Tourney. S. Hill beat White Oak to win the Freshmen division and White House beat Pleasant Grove to win the JV. division.

They are part of the Waco Robinson Tournament that started on Thurs. They won all three of their game. Don't play today, but resume wth bracket play on Saturday. There are 28 teams in this tournament.

I saw Spring Hill play Van and was really impressed with them. They will do some romping this year. Van is 17-1 and Spring Hill is their only loss. Good, strong girls that play great together!

Argyle may be the only team in Region 2 with a chance to block Spring Hill's path to state this year. With the departure of Lovejoy, the door is wide open.

Prosper was also a great squad and they moved on to 4A also and I'm not sure what Paris is bringing back but they were a quality squad. If Lovejoy would have sat Ebony (Middle Blocker, USC commit) during some of the regional playoff games they never would have made the state tourney last year. I'd love to see another region II team keep the 3A streak alive. Lovejoy may have moved on to 4A but we still support our former 3A opponents. We will be cheering for Region II 3A. God willing and the creek don't rise we will be in San Marcus again for number 5.

SH won the Robinson Tourney and is now 16-0....

Won't shock me at all if SH and WO are both making the trip to Garland for the State Tourney in November....Long ways to go though...We have some salty teams to get by to make it..same for yall...Good luck!

Now, if I saw this correctly, the latest rankings came out for the girl's volleyball, and as of 9/5/12, the SH Lady Panthers are ranked #5 after being ranked #4 the previous week. What I can't understand is, they are undefeated at 16-0, so what am I missing here? How can we keep winning and drop in the rankings?

Now, if I saw this correctly, the latest rankings came out for the girl's volleyball, and as of 9/5/12, the SH Lady Panthers are ranked #5 after being ranked #4 the previous week. What I can't understand is, they are undefeated at 16-0, so what am I missing here? How can we keep winning and drop in the rankings?

Contact the guy who publishes the TCGA ranks. I've sent information to him before, and he's always appreciative. He invites your response on the website:

Coaches, officials and fans are encouraged to report your results with match comments to [email protected]. Over 1,000 schools in Texas play high school volleyball so getting your information filed is very helpful to team consideration.

Otherwise, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Spring Hill should make it to regionals. Their day will come.

Contact the guy who publishes the TCGA ranks. I've sent information to him before, and he's always appreciative. He invites your response on the website:

Coaches, officials and fans are encouraged to report your results with match comments to [email protected]. Over 1,000 schools in Texas play high school volleyball so getting your information filed is very helpful to team consideration.

Otherwise, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Spring Hill should make it to regionals. Their day will come.

What I missed apparently was the fact that the Lady Panthers lost to Class 4A Lindale after having a tough game against Carthage, so it looks like our girls were just tired and wore out! IMHO, they're still the best 3A team in the state!

Well, the Lady Panthers went 3-0 in their latest tourney after defeating Whitehouse, Elysian Fields, and Lufkin! Now, they're 20-1 with their one loss coming to Lindale! That one loss was because of pure exhaustion after having faced Carthage in a tough game! Good luck the rest of the way!

If you are looking at the TGCA poll, don't get too excited. Probably not the most accurate poll around not that any are.Had a team once that would moved up in the poll every time we lost. We were headed for a number 1 ranking but we won one and screwed that up!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...