Big Sandy @ Hawkins

Guest JORR2CAR

Guest JORR2CAR

Last year Big Sandy put it to Hawkins @ Big Sandy 56-0. Alot has changed since last year of Hawkins getting a new coach and them going up to 2A. While on the other side of the ball Big Sandy will have a new QB under the helm....Got to go with my Wildcats but not like it was last year....35-14. Good luck Wildcats!!!!! Play every down like its your last!

Guest JORR2CAR

On the scrimmage.... of course both teams were still working on little things, but Big Sandy handled them most of the scrimmage. Quitman has some big kids but still need a lot of work in the weight room, and to work on their speed. BS was just to fast. On the other hand BS has to learn how to play every down. you can't afford to take 1 play off. Quarterback play for BS was a lot better this week than last week at New Diana. Don't know who will start at QB. I have no say in the matter....lol. But i have a gut feeling it will be TW.

On the scrimmage.... of course both teams were still working on little things, but Big Sandy handled them most of the scrimmage. Quitman has some big kids but still need a lot of work in the weight room, and to work on their speed. BS was just to fast. On the other hand BS has to learn how to play every down. you can't afford to take 1 play off. Quarterback play for BS was a lot better this week than last week at New Diana. Don't know who will start at QB. I have no say in the matter....lol. But i have a gut feeling it will be TW.

You act like BS dominated the scrimmage? It was 1-0 and that was because an interception returned to the 15.

Quitman won the goalline session 3-1.

I think both teams left the scrimamge feeling like they won, you have to realize Quitman was 1-9 last year and gave up over 30 points every single game. Last week against Emory, our defense had 0 stops, So to force a much more athletic team to 3 and outs and hold them to only 1 score was huge for this team.

No doubt, Big Sandy is the better team but I think the scrimmage was pretty even. Penalties hurt Quitman both times they got in the red zone.

the kid from gladewater on BS is a STUD!!!

Guest JORR2CAR

You act like BS dominated the scrimmage? It was 1-0 and that was because an interception returned to the 15.

Quitman won the goalline session 3-1.

I think both teams left the scrimamge feeling like they won, you have to realize Quitman was 1-9 last year and gave up over 30 points every single game. Last week against Emory, our defense had 0 stops, So to force a much more athletic team to 3 and outs and hold them to only 1 score was huge for this team.

No doubt, Big Sandy is the better team but I think the scrimmage was pretty even. Penalties hurt Quitman both times they got in the red zone.

the kid from gladewater on BS is a STUD!!!

Im sorry you took it that way that I thought BS dominated. Thats why at the start I said " both schools were still working on things". To me scrimmages are about worthless trying to keep count of the scores. It's just about geeting the kids some reps against other kids and getting them ready for the season. I will say i did like how positive the coaches were on the Quitman side....That is always good the see every once and a while. But like I said I don't try and keep score, it really means nothing. To me a victory in a scrimmage is finding some hidden talent on your team that you did not know how good he was. Thats a victory in my book........

Im sorry you took it that way that I thought BS dominated. Thats why at the start I said " both schools were still working on things". To me scrimmages are about worthless trying to keep count of the scores. It's just about geeting the kids some reps against other kids and getting them ready for the season. I will say i did like how positive the coaches were on the Quitman side....That is always good the see every once and a while. But like I said I don't try and keep score, it really means nothing. To me a victory in a scrimmage is finding some hidden talent on your team that you did not know how good he was. Thats a victory in my book........

well said... best of luck to yall.

Think tw will start but wouldnt be shocked if tk plays qb a little. Bs should win just not sure if they are in good enough shape to play all 4 quarters at the speed they want to play at on offense. We'll see Friday night. Glad to see hawkins at least has numbers again. Just hoping for no injuries

Think tw will start but wouldnt be shocked if tk plays qb a little. Bs should win just not sure if they are in good enough shape to play all 4 quarters at the speed they want to play at on offense. We'll see Friday night. Glad to see hawkins at least has numbers again. Just hoping for no injuries

I did notice BS was gased at the end of the Quitman scrimmage. I feel like thats how we were able to move the ball and possibly why the scrimmage got called early. Because according to my Iphone, that lightning wasnt even close to us.......

I live in the area and the weather got pretty bad at my house Friday night. Caught a little of this scrimmage since BS intrigued my interest after last week in Diana. They were much improved, especially the QB. Put the ball in weapons hands. The defense looked even quicker this week, coach seems to command a pursuit to the ball. Quit man was giant and platooning, so BS should have been gassed. I would have been tired after tackling Quitmans tailback, A MONSTER!