Top Posters In This Topic

Eustace @ Brownsboro: Eustace

Kemp @ Palmer: Palmer

Malakoff vs Mabank: Malakoff

Lone Oak @ Scurry - Rosser: Lone Oak

Winnsboro @ Harmony: Winnsboro

Grand Saline @ Sunnyvale: Grand Saline

Quitman @ Bullard: Bullard

District teams go 5-2 week zero. Of the winners, Grand Saline will have greatest test. Sunnyvale will be strong up front and disciplined. Grand Saline has questions that need answered and we will see the answers Friday night. Kemp and Quitman will struggle. Hope everyone stays healthy. Thank goodness scrimmages are done!

Approximately 7 hours from kick-off of the 7-AA season and I can't get any feedback from anyone on the expectations of their team going into tonights' contests..... Where are you Winnsboro, Eustace, Lone Oak, Quitman, Malakoff and Kemp fans? You have to have some type of opinion. You may even disagree w/ my thoughts on the Indians, which is ok, because I won't hold it against you when we win!

Approximately 7 hours from kick-off of the 7-AA season and I can't get any feedback from anyone on the expectations of their team going into tonights' contests..... Where are you Winnsboro, Eustace, Lone Oak, Quitman, Malakoff and Kemp fans? You have to have some type of opinion. You may even disagree w/ my thoughts on the Indians, which is ok, because I won't hold it against you when we win!

You want feedback? I'll give you feedback. Winnsboro loses by 21..........wait for it, waaait for i t. :D

You want feedback? I'll give you feedback. Winnsboro loses by 21..........wait for it, waaait for i t. :D

Harmony must have looked good in scrimmage against Mineola and Winnsboro not so much against Commerce. Two running teams that sprinkle in the pass. We never saw the pass in Grand Saline last year because we couldn't stop the fullback dive (another subject wanting to forget).

I know that Winnsboro will be well coached and Tebbetts is as good a quarterback as we will face in district this year. I think Winnsboro will pass more than is anticipated. That being said, I do not know much about Harmony other than what I read. For my district's sake, I hope Winnsboro wins it. I will say that based on everything I have read, I would think it will be closer than 21 points and Winnsobor will win.

Eustace 13 Canton 34

Kemp 00 Palmer 60

Malakoff 21 Mabank 07

Lone Oak 49 Scurry Rosser 20

Winnsboro 33 Harmony 00

Grand Saline 20 Sunnyvale 35

Quitman 06 Bullard 58

District teams go 3-4 week zero.

I missed my Grand Saline pick (stating the obvious) but saw a lot of good things last night! Sunnyvale lived on yards after contact which can be viewed in one of two ways. I choose the positive which is: coaches are getting our players in the correct position at the correct time and as the year progresses that contact will become tackles! Sunnyvale had some receptions, I know one td for sure, and again, our defenders were right there just a movement or two from breaking it up or getting the interception. D-coordinator dialed up some stunts and blitzes that gave Sunnyvale all kinds of trouble and we created some turnovers.

Offensively, the opportunities were there. Ludlow runs a lot of timing plays both when running and passing and we had moments where we should have capitalized but the timing was a little off. Our running backs run hard every time they touch the ball and our young, undersized offensive line worked their tails off and has definitely improved since scrimmages. Our receivers are getting open and the potential is there for big plays.

Most impressive was the hustle from the opening kickoff to our last defensive play that ended the game. This Grand Saline team has some fight in them & that always makes football fun regardless of the outcome!!! I am expecting us to bounce back quickly. The band and cheerleaders were great and even after the loss, the fans kept their enthusiasm and brought home the KMOO spirit stick!! Is it Friday night yet?

The officiating of the game last night was a complete travesty. It was imcompetence mixed with one sided calling. Sunnyvale's QB had excellent protection, mainly due to all the holding and blocking in the back that was going on last night. Sunnyvale was the better team (not by much) but as the fans were leaving last night the GS fans were accosting the refs and the Sunnyvale fans knew they won b/c they got all the favorable calls at critical times and non calls. You can dismiss it as sour grapes, but had you been there, well you just had to be there. Even Sunnyvale Fans were embarassed it was so blatant. Ludlow almost got tossed and he NEVER loses his cool or blames refs and encourages fans to keep their mouths shut to the officials but last night was a different story. Ask anyone that was there.

The officiating of the game last night was a complete travesty. It was imcompetence mixed with one sided calling. Sunnyvale's QB had excellent protection, mainly due to all the holding and blocking in the back that was going on last night. Sunnyvale was the better team (not by much) but as the fans were leaving last night the GS fans were accosting the refs and the Sunnyvale fans knew they won b/c they got all the favorable calls at critical times and non calls. You can dismiss it as sour grapes, but had you been there, well you just had to be there. Even Sunnyvale Fans were embarassed it was so blatant. Ludlow almost got tossed and he NEVER loses his cool or blames refs and encourages fans to keep their mouths shut to the officials but last night was a different story. Ask anyone that was there.

Funny thing is, when I made my comment about excuses, I had no clue. Thats just what GS does. Im pretty sure yall are undefeated when the refs call a perfect game!

CLASSIC GS!

Thanks Blue Devil

Eustace 13 Canton 34

Kemp 00 Palmer 60

Malakoff 21 Mabank 07

Lone Oak 49 Scurry Rosser 20

Winnsboro 33 Harmony 00

Grand Saline 20 Sunnyvale 35

Quitman 06 Bullard 58

District teams go 3-4 week zero.

I missed my Grand Saline pick (stating the obvious) but saw a lot of good things last night! Sunnyvale lived on yards after contact which can be viewed in one of two ways. I choose the positive which is: coaches are getting our players in the correct position at the correct time and as the year progresses that contact will become tackles! Sunnyvale had some receptions, I know one td for sure, and again, our defenders were right there just a movement or two from breaking it up or getting the interception. D-coordinator dialed up some stunts and blitzes that gave Sunnyvale all kinds of trouble and we created some turnovers.

Offensively, the opportunities were there. Ludlow runs a lot of timing plays both when running and passing and we had moments where we should have capitalized but the timing was a little off. Our running backs run hard every time they touch the ball and our young, undersized offensive line worked their tails off and has definitely improved since scrimmages. Our receivers are getting open and the potential is there for big plays.

Most impressive was the hustle from the opening kickoff to our last defensive play that ended the game. This Grand Saline team has some fight in them & that always makes football fun regardless of the outcome!!! I am expecting us to bounce back quickly. The band and cheerleaders were great and even after the loss, the fans kept their enthusiasm and brought home the KMOO spirit stick!! Is it Friday night yet?

Thanks for some real insight without blaming the officials

Week 1

Eustace @ Rice... heard Eustace FB dislocated his knee against Canton

Malakoff @ Italy... just a guess

Redwater @ Quitman.. homer pick but RW lost their 1st and 2nd QB in Week 0 thats got to be to our advantage

Scurry Rosser @ Grand Saline... Its Scurry...

Tatum @ Winnsboro... If this game is close.... dont expect Winnsboro to lose again

Clarksville @ Lone Oak... Could be a close game but Clarksville has some studs!

Ferris @ Kemp.. Its Kemp...

Week 1

Redwater @ Quitman.. homer pick but RW lost their 1st and 2nd QB in Week 0 thats got to be to our advantage

Tatum @ Winnsboro... If this game is close.... dont expect Winnsboro to lose again

I will agree!! If they play Tatum close it will go along way in building their confidence. I only hope that they have a good week of practice since it is going to be a short week,

Did we just agree? And I will gladly let Winnsboro leave our district...

We should have also gone east instead the way the UIL has put us. Even talking to the coach he agrees. Why are you so against Winnsboro being in the district that they are, is it the fact that your team has a hard time beating us?

We should have also gone east instead the way the UIL has put us. Even talking to the coach he agrees. Why are you so against Winnsboro being in the district that they are, is it the fact that your team has a hard time beating us?

Yes you are the clear favorite in football, take y'all out of the district and we may have a chance lol I know it can't happen. Also with Winnsboro gone no one would care about girls basketball! :)

Week 1

How GS reponds to their loss will determine if they win Friday night or not. Scurry is not as good as Sunnyvale is. The first game showed the strengths and weaknesses. When Our AD goes onto the field to talk about the officials you know somethings up.

Grand Saline has to take control of their own destiny. Ludlow is asking quite a few guys to step up this year and I believe they will. This pre-district schedule is a valuable commodity for the Indians and they should improve as players start believing in their abilities first and Ludlow's system second. When all these boys decide to go "all in" and play team offense/defense we will make noise in district and potentially see the playoffs for the first time in years!

Against Sunnyvale, we had way too many opportunities to win that game to blame the referees! Do we expect the correct call or non-call on every snap? Absolutely! Does every team have that expectation? Absolutely! Is that realistic? No! Bluedevil07, had we played even close to error-free football, I would be all over the officiating too. I just felt like we let it happen because of our play and like others have written on this blog; No Excuses! We are way too quick to blame the officials, when a good strong look in the mirror would be the best medicine prescribed!!!

As for Winnsboro leaving our district, no thank you. It's not a bad drive either way and if you look at Winnsboro's district record over past years, this has been a competitive league for the most part. As for Tatum; hold on to the ball and let Tebbett make some plays in the passing game to compliment the run. I will agree w/ hosierdady too. If this game is close, Winnsboro may not lose another game in the regular season. Having stated that, if another loss happens, it will be at the hands of Grand Saline .

Is it Friday night yet??? :)

Grand Saline has to take control of their own destiny. Ludlow is asking quite a few guys to step up this year and I believe they will. This pre-district schedule is a valuable commodity for the Indians and they should improve as players start believing in their abilities first and Ludlow's system second. When all these boys decide to go "all in" and play team offense/defense we will make noise in district and potentially see the playoffs for the first time in years!

Against Sunnyvale, we had way too many opportunities to win that game to blame the referees! Do we expect the correct call or non-call on every snap? Absolutely! Does every team have that expectation? Absolutely! Is that realistic? No! Bluedevil07, had we played even close to error-free football, I would be all over the officiating too. I just felt like we let it happen because of our play and like others have written on this blog; No Excuses! We are way too quick to blame the officials, when a good strong look in the mirror would be the best medicine prescribed!!!

As for Winnsboro leaving our district, no thank you. It's not a bad drive either way and if you look at Winnsboro's district record over past years, this has been a competitive league for the most part. As for Tatum; hold on to the ball and let Tebbett make some plays in the passing game to compliment the run. I will agree w/ hosierdady too. If this game is close, Winnsboro may not lose another game in the regular season. Having stated that, if another loss happens, it will be at the hands of Grand Saline .

Is it Friday night yet??? :)

+1 possibly the only poster from GS who has a brain....