District 7-AA Gameday Thread

TheLionWire

I doubt that it will end up like it was predicted to do so unless some things change and change in a hurry.

Here is my predictions of how I see it ending up and hope that I am wrong. This is based on the first five games.

1. Eustace

2. Malakoff

3. Lone Oak

4. Winnsboro (dreaming of what might have been)

5. Grand Saline

6. Quitman(could be a sleeper since they got Simmons back0

7. Kemp(know nothing about them)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winnsboro may win dist. The have the players but I admit they leave me scratching my head

You are not the only one. Injuries have hit pretty bad and still have not fully recovered from them. I really think that after the way they played Tatum and lost to them the way they did, it may have taken some of their confidence away. Defense is the major problem though right now.

We can not stop any one. There must be an epidemic of it going around because every game I watch the defense is the problem with the teams at all levels. Look what WV did to Baylor. I can not imagine a defensive coach letting that happen.

I'm sorry I just cant see Eustace beating Winnsboro. Winnsboro scores too quickly and has great outside speed. Eustace wants to chew clock and I don't think that will work vs. Winnsboro. I still think Winnsboro gets at least 2nd place. I think only Lone Oak can beat them and that is because Lone Oak is a spread offense team and get into a shootout with Winnsboro and win.

I'm sorry I just cant see Eustace beating Winnsboro. Winnsboro scores too quickly and has great outside speed. Eustace wants to chew clock and I don't think that will work vs. Winnsboro. I still think Winnsboro gets at least 2nd place. I think only Lone Oak can beat them and that is because Lone Oak is a spread offense team and get into a shootout with Winnsboro and win.

Eustace and Winnsboro play the same style... So far Winnsboro hasn't been able to stop anyone. Eustace can play a slow game and just get 2 or 3 yards every play. With Tebbets shoulder not being 100%, anything could happen. I'm curious to see how Winnsboro responds next week. As much as it pains me, at this point it would help Quitman if Winnsboro just runs the table..... Of course we will have to win a game or 2

The shoulder is a very sensitive spot. It doesnt just heal overnight. Or in a week. Or in two weeks for that matter. If you are competitive then you dont pay any attention to the injury which more often than not leads to further damage. You would hate to see a young man who could possibly have a future in another sport ruin his chances of that. Hopefully the right decisions are made

well lets see here. after tonight we could say that grand saline is not very good. kemp must be awful. quitman is not as bad as their record had showed especially getting sessions back. eustace may be the best team in the district. lone oak may be the best team in the district. malakoff may not be as good as i thought. winnsboro has got all kinds of questions at this point. lets just say this could get wild before its all over.

Grand Saline's season ended last night. It's one thing to lose to a rival, on your homecoming night, and it be a close game. Its another thing to get blown out. Ludlow has to get the numbers up for this year. Sorry that guys like Torrey and John Corrales will have their senior season wasted but GS will Truett for another two years. Gotta have the lineman. Gotta have the depth.