District 7-AA Gameday Thread

TheLionWire

Got one right

I got two correct. I think you're leaving out the Winnsboro pick.:rolleyes: I admit my picks for Grand Saline are skewed by the fact that the Indians are my team. Couple that with the expectations coming into this year and that would explain my unwillingness to believe that we aren't that good. Well, we just aren't that good. Depth is a big part of the problem, but I think we are seeing the results of a program that has been underdeveloped over the last few years. Football is not easy. To be competitive: it comes at a high cost of work (running, lifting, studying, teaching - mostly running and lifting)! Championships, district or otherwise: happens when the work (running, lifting, studying) is already in place and the teaching and coaching are good. This coaching staff is having to build all of it. Ludlow's first year: we surprised teams w/ a freshman qb that could play and most of the best athletes in sr. class were playing w/ some talent. We don't surprise anyone any more. The program has been down and thus kids aren't motivated to come out. The kids that played last night "want" to play football, enjoy playing football and if they can stay the course, they just might be the cataylist that can get other student athletes to come out and help the team.

I, like you Allday, hate that the seniors are having to go through this their last year, along with every player/coach/fan that is having to do it!! These coaches/players are giving their best and that has not always been the case in years past. We just need athletes to step up and get involved! We need to keep and develop our athletes in middle school instead of playing kick ball and dodgeball! And most of all, we, being Indian fans, need to remain supportive and realize that we are in a fight much larger than the games on Friday night. We are fighting a lack of interest and respect for our program from within our own system. Until we fix that, our program will never be elite. We, fans & parents, are as much to blame for our football program as anyone! Kids are a reflection of their environment, period!

I support these kids/coaches and want them to be successful. Our record may not end up the way we want it, but how great would it be for this team to look back five years from now and be able to say that they were the beginning of a Grand Saline Indian resurgence? Anything is possible & our kids/coaches will give us everything they have in the remaining games.

Sorry for the homer portion, but had to write it. Now, for the rest of my picks... looks like after last night, Eustace, Lone Oak, Malakoff and Winnsboro will fight it out. :icon_confused: The teams are keeping it interesting for sure!

Week #5 (District Week#2)

Grand Saline 6 Quitman 31

Eustace 30 Malakoff 16

Lone Oak 54 Kemp 12

Winnsboro Bye

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grand Saline's season ended last night. It's one thing to lose to a rival, on your homecoming night, and it be a close game. Its another thing to get blown out. Ludlow has to get the numbers up for this year. Sorry that guys like Torrey and John Corrales will have their senior season wasted but GS will Truett for another two years. Gotta have the lineman. Gotta have the depth.

I respectfully disagree w/ you bluedevil07. Our season is not over. You were probably referring to our ability to reach the playoffs, and yes, that portion may be behind us now. This season is about much more than wins and losses. It's about developing attitudes and an understanding of what it is going to take to turn our program around. These kids/coaches will battle to the end and when that kind of dedication and determination is demonstrated, others will follow! Yes, we have Truett for two more years, and yes, he has the ability to be an excellent player. He needs to be a recruiter as much as a player right now! There are a lot of young athletes watching, their parents too. Hopefully, we as fans/parents, realize that we can help by watching what our team is going through this year and taking action. Our numbers are down: duh... So, parents need to motivate their kids to get in shape and participate. Players need to motivate their friends to get in shape and participate. Fans need to motivate parents and their kids to get in shape and participate. Hopefully the dedication and determination a few will demonstrate the rest of the way will pave the road to the beginning of a strong program. For that reason, this season has not ended!

well lets see here. after tonight we could say that grand saline is not very good. kemp must be awful. quitman is not as bad as their record had showed especially getting sessions back. eustace may be the best team in the district. lone oak may be the best team in the district. malakoff may not be as good as i thought. winnsboro has got all kinds of questions at this point. lets just say this could get wild before its all over.

Sessions did not play!

Bashing the kids who don't play... Probably wont encourage them to play... We were 1-9 last year and probably had 30 more kids this year than last year. But we were down the year before after going 7-3 and in the playoffs... Kids these days... Does GS always throw it that much? #4 was mention on here as being all state, bet he didn't have 10 carries, was average at best.

Bashing the kids who don't play... Probably wont encourage them to play... We were 1-9 last year and probably had 30 more kids this year than last year. But we were down the year before after going 7-3 and in the playoffs... Kids these days... Does GS always throw it that much? #4 was mention on here as being all state, bet he didn't have 10 carries, was average at best.

Yea Ludlow is all about the issuing game, which gs number one receiver was out but wouldn't of changed much, and yes gs running back is very good when he can get a line to block,i was impressed with quitmans line

By the way... No worries for GS, Phelps will have the basketballs going in about 2 1/2 weeks

Funny thing is quitman will be playing basketball the same time gs is. Gs in football is now battling with Kemp to not get dead last, but basketball they will be ready

We can have the basketball debates latee... GS might be waiting for baseball season! Anyways I wasn't saying Quitman is guaranteed playoffs, someone just said GS season is over, so I was reminding basketball season is soon. Now back to the question how you know Quitman coaches and when you had time to talk to them at game.

Eustace at Quitman

*Grand Saline at Winnsboro

*Lone Oak at Malakoff

Kemp, Bye

This is the lineup for Friday night. There is already a thread for the Winnsboro/Grand Saline game.

Eustace at Quitman- Can Eustace keep their district record perfect?

Lone Oak at Malakoff- Will this be a good game or will Lone Oak win it going away?

The Lone Oak posters, which is a grand total of 3 seem to think that the district championship is their's to lose. They seem to think that they have it in the bag. One of the posters even said that he hopes that LO beats Winny by 50. I hope that he is in for a rude awakening.

I hope that they district race is settled way before the last game of the season for several teams.

I am not going to say who is going to win it for fear of having to eat crow.

The Lone Oak posters, which is a grand total of 3 seem to think that the district championship is their's to lose. They seem to think that they have it in the bag. One of the posters even said that he hopes that LO beats Winny by 50. I hope that he is in for a rude awakening.

I hope that they district race is settled way before the last game of the season for several teams.

I am not going to say who is going to win it for fear of having to eat crow.

BRF, you are wrong about the posters from LO. I'm the only one as of late and I never have come anywhere close to saying what you said is being said about LO and Winny. The other 2 posters are from CADDO MILLS or they at least support them. Get your "facts" correct. Somebody has been feeding you a bag of corn.

BRF, you are wrong about the posters from LO. I'm the only one as of late and I never have come anywhere close to saying what you said is being said about LO and Winny. The other 2 posters are from CADDO MILLS or they at least support them. Get your "facts" correct. Somebody has been feeding you a bag of corn.

No one of them told a poster from Winnsboro last year that he supported Lone Oak. I take what he says any with a grain of salt.