Backwater Mafia

franksnbeans

I know how to work a gil net and a field telephone, and i try to wrap up my hunting season by the start of October, before all them city-fied crazy's come out here to the woods! I eat gator an softshell turtles.

P.S. i feel like if you aint never drove off a deer or hog skin with a trailer hitch, you aint no way Backwater---------not backwater i say!

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know how to work a gil net and a field telephone, and i try to wrap up my hunting season by the start of October, before all them city-fied crazy's come out here to the woods! I eat gator an softshell turtles.

P.S. i feel like if you aint never drove off a deer or hog skin with a trailer hitch, you aint no way Backwater---------not backwater i say!

Skinning with a pick- up " nice"

Fishing on a party line" sweet"

Does your favorite crank- bait have its own fuse or do you use one of your own?

I propose if there is one fellow in this prestigious society that doesn't have a beer can holder on his four wheeler, an immediate and swift dismissal....................all in favor say "Eyeeeee"

I propose if there is one fellow in this prestigious society that doesn't have a beer can holder on his four wheeler, an immediate and swift dismissal....................all in favor say "Eyeeeee"

well my beer can holder has a nice set of jugs

YYYYYYYeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss........sir.......reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Or if they caint spiral twist copper tubing, they're gone!

My beer can holder piviots and swivels!! Gotta be up-side down before she spills a drop!!

nothing mounted on the wall, but i still put foil on my antenna and batteries in the freezer

Lol. I used to could stomp the floor and fix the picture on the boob tube. True story.

I still stick 9v batteries to my tongue to test how much juice they have left.

If you've ever put sweet tea in your kid's baby bottle, you're in.

If you've ever danced the cotton eyed joe at the VFW, you're in.

If you've ever rebuilt a carburetor on the kitchen table, you're in.

If you've ever moved furniture in a cattle trailer or a flat bed trailer, you're in.

If you've ever pitched cow chips, you're in.

If you've ever shot, killed, cleaned and eaten a squirrel, you're in.

Yes, those are some my qualifications. And, I'm the educated one my family. Lol

If you've ever moved furniture in a cattle trailer or a flat bed trailer, you're in.

Also clean all my guns on the kitchen table.

Yep, both flat bed and stock trailers, worked well.

Did that too, and steped in a few wet ones. lol.

And deer, wabbit, ducks, geese, dove, qual, coon,and frogs

done all but the top 2

but i did put buttermilk in her bottle

True story........my dad got a bunch of old conveyor belts from the grain elevator, about 36" wide, and rolled them out side-by-side in the backyard so my brothers and I could play basketball when it rained.......worked pretty good, except you had to dribble around the curled up ends. We also used to run the basketball under the hot water in the winter so it would bounce again, you had to go back in the wash room about every 5-10 minutes depending on how cold it was..................

True story........my dad got a bunch of old conveyor belts from the grain elevator, about 36" wide, and rolled them out side-by-side in the backyard so my brothers and I could play basketball when it rained.......worked pretty good, except you had to dribble around the curled up ends. We also used to run the basketball under the hot water in the winter so it would bounce again, you had to go back in the wash room about every 5-10 minutes depending on how cold it was..................

that's awesome

True story. I had a piece of plywood and a bicycle rim with the spokes pulled out nailed to an oak tree in my back yard that served as a basketball goal. Also had two turkeys that would attack you or the basketball if either got close to them. You ever wonder how far you can place kick a turkey. Well... I know.

Okay, okay, I'm here! Something told me not to open this thread, but......here goes....

1. It used to be a treat to ride in a mule-driven wagon to the general store on the edge of town with my uncle.

2. When I stayed at my grandmother's house, she used to make us young 'uns go "find" breakfast. She had chickens in the yard, and you learned the "sound" of a hen that had just laid eggs. When dinner rolled around we used to go out and catch a chicken, wring it's neck, pluck it, and gut it while saving the gizard, and have fried chicken with some 40 weight brown gravy to go with it, along with biscuits made from scratch. (Not chicken scratch, lol!)

3. She had an outhouse, no indoor bathroom. I remember many a morning doing my morning business on that porcelain potty, then taking it outside to clean it out. I always hated that thing when it was cold.....OUCH!

4. We used to have boxing matches in the front yard just for the heck of it. We would rap our hands with towels for "gloves", although we usually ended up bare-knuckled before it was over. I was the "champ" until we got caught. When we got caught we had to go get our own switches for the whipping. If it didn't last 40 lashes, or until Moma got tired, she would go get her own switches off the weeping willow. Those thangs NEVER break! I hate weeping willow trees to this day.

5. We used to make ribbon cane syrup at my uncle's place next door. My grandmother had about an acre of sugar cane every year that we would cut down and feed onto the conveyor. It's still the best syrup I ever ate!

6. Who cares about peeing off the back porch. I pee off the front porch. It keeps the weeds down around the porch. My daughters keep asking me what that smell is, though.

7. I bought my wife a new riding mower after the deck broke on the last one. I also bought her a push mower.......and a trash can with WHEELS!

8. I also have a brush pile where we burn limbs from time to time, and a barrel to burn the pile slower. I have it on cinder blocks with holes in the bottom.

Those are just starters. I also have some kinfolk that have an IQ about the same as the number of teeth in their head, and that's in the single digits.

Oh, c.r.a.p.! Why am I telling y'all this? I've already qualified! Where's the danged delete button....... :angry:

Not only gig'd supper but breakfast too. Everbody i know can make a gig out of a hoe handle and a handrake in under 3 minutes!

Lol!

Lol. I used to could stomp the floor and fix the picture on the boob tube. True story.

I still stick 9v batteries to my tongue to test how much juice they have left.

Lol...you can start testing my game cam batteries.