Daingerfield vs Atlanta

tigernationfan

who wins   

72 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

I thought Atlanta would beat Daingerfield after watching the Rabbits play Gilmer even before seeing what Gladewater did to Daingerfield's run defense.

I think Atlanta wins this game. They have a big, strong offensive line and backs that run downhill. Plus, the game is in Atlanta.

Hopefully, Daingerfield will continue to improve and be ready for district. The offense needs to improve just as much as the defense. I'm sure they will still be in good shape come playoff time.

The non-district schedule is tough. It will still be ok even if they lose a couple more non-district games, as long as they are showing improvement in all phases of the game.

Still pulling for the Tigers, just being realistic.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U understanding Frank, I think ure seeing the beans; dangerfield isnt very good.

Atlanta by alot or until the 2nd string come in the 2nd quarter

Daingerfield is going to crush Redwater. That's something you can put under your pillow. I hate it 4 u, but that's the truth. lol

Seeing as how Daingerfield seems to be reeling a bit this early in the season, especially defensively, I see Atlanta being able to at least duplicate what Gladewater did. Atlanta has one of the best, if not the best, RB tandems in the state. Look for a heavy dose of running from Webster, Dickerson, and occasionally the QB (whoever that turns out to be). The Wabbits looked like they are gaining confidence, and will be a force with a few more wins under their belt. If Daingerfield starts stacking the box and getting a few stops, I think Atlanta is fully capable of beating them over the top.......with a few more reps on pass plays in practice. Sorry Tigger fans, but Atlanta wins.

+1

Seeing as how Daingerfield seems to be reeling a bit this early in the season, especially defensively, I see Atlanta being able to at least duplicate what Gladewater did. Atlanta has one of the best, if not the best, RB tandems in the state. Look for a heavy dose of running from Webster, Dickerson, and occasionally the QB (whoever that turns out to be). The Wabbits looked like they are gaining confidence, and will be a force with a few more wins under their belt. If Daingerfield starts stacking the box and getting a few stops, I think Atlanta is fully capable of beating them over the top.......with a few more reps on pass plays in practice. Sorry Tigger fans, but Atlanta wins.

how many generations of "Mims" have graduated through Daingerfield ISD? i can't remember a season without one, lol. there's several family names like that in the community. one of you tiger historians needs to research back and look at some of that. would be an interesting read to say the least.

one trivia fact for the rabbits..Everett Dickersons father, of the same name, was on our 94' state finalist team. that was the first time we ever made it to the big show.

300 but to be honest. Webster could run for 200+ his self. IF HE WOULD JUST RUN. Most overrated back to me in East Texas area. Call it like i c it man. Kid will excel at the next level but i honestly think it wont be at runningback. But hey what do I know. Anyway Dickerson will have 150 on half the carries so yea 300.

i disagree with you there. Webster is not overated. he had 15 runs of over 50 yard last season..1846 yards 24 tds 8.6 yards per carry...rushed for over 200 in 4 games.....he is a physical speciman and the i think the best back in 3a. if not the state, Webster and Dickerson make up the best backfield in east texas

300 but to be honest. Webster could run for 200+ his self. IF HE WOULD JUST RUN. Most overrated back to me in East Texas area. Call it like i c it man. Kid will excel at the next level but i honestly think it wont be at runningback. But hey what do I know. Anyway Dickerson will have 150 on half the carries so yea 300.

very impressed with derricks play look for big things out of him this year

253408_4549781465610_2035377279_n.jpg The silent Killer....

JMO! good numbers, Great to say the least. But I can still have my opinion. If he breaks its over so the, runs over 50 not shocking at all. 8.6 yards a carry thats great as well. Heck ATL really should not punt the ball then to much last year huh. Anyway. kid will excel, just not at Back. Backs like that are a dime a dozen at the D1 level. That run with more passion thats all Im saying.

i disagree with you there. Webster is not overated. he had 15 runs of over 50 yard last season..1846 yards 24 tds 8.6 yards per carry...rushed for over 200 in 4 games.....he is a physical speciman and the i think the best back in 3a. if not the state, Webster and Dickerson make up the best backfield in east texas

very impressed with derricks play look for big things out of him this year

Derrick is starting to have fun with the game and I've noticed not so much frustration as he had in QC. He now believes in his abilities and starting to mature as a ballplayer period. I wish I was home for the rest of the games but hopefully my wife will videotape the games and not the people in the stands...

I just watched the gilmer buckeyes vs the atlanta rabbits 2012 on youtube..... no very impressed on atlanta ,,,i say daingerfield 34 atlanta 14 maybe

+1 If the Tigers find their groove on offense, this could be another loss for the Rabbits. The defense is weaker than normal but it helps opponents(Gladewater) when they only have to drive the ball 10 and 20 yrds to score. Not sure Atlanta has a 290lb back to use in a wildcat on 4th down. The Tigers have to make tackles and clean up on penalties and turnovers. Atlanta can't pass the ball, not even a little bit, so the Tigers should focus on slowing down the run.

Its amazing how little the Tiger faithful are popping off at the mouth about this game, they must not be that confident, or you would see 50 pages instead of 4. I know there are several faithful like frank and a few others that back their Tigers good or bad, but there are also a bunch of band waggoners as well, After scrimmaging both team, I think the Rabbit backfield wil be to much, but a scrimmage is more to learn about your team than the others, I don't think it will be a blowout. Rabs by 13