Beckville @ Overton

baconandeggs

Keys to the game? Hmm... let me see:

sdQ1C.jpg

Beckville: Attack early and often, take advantage of Overton's youth/inexperience. Pile up on the line of scrimmage and rush the passer. Offensively, attack Overton's young secondary. Throw it deep.

X7qVL.jpg

Overton: Tackling. The line must allow the backs to at least get to the line of scrimmage. Tackling. Defense needs at least one 3-and-out. Oh, and tackle the man with the ball. Plus, don't forget tackling.

I can't predict this one, the season's still too early and there's too many variables still at play.

But I think if the Overton line gives K.J. Luster time to set up, he'll have a strong outing. He did pretty good against Winona (9-of-12) considering he was often throwing off his back foot because of the pressure. The o-line has got to get nasty and start knocking some heads. We've got some backs who can go if they get some daylight. Two-way senior standouts Greg Moore and Jesse Roach are gonna play lights out (they always do) if they get some help Overton can win this one.

I see something close, but high-scoring... 38-33, I think a big play wins the game late.

Allison is still on crutches today, the last word on Allen was he will not play, a 275lb junior that started last two years decided football was not for him walked away after the second scrimmage so the cats are trying to fill a huge void at left guard, but a lot of things can change in two days. I am not 100% sure on Allen's situation but I will be surprised if Allison throws the crutches down Friday and sprints out on the field. How is the health of the Mustangs after 3 weeks?

I'm not privy to the injury status, so take my insight with a grain of salt, but I'd say we've been fortunate so far.

We've got a tough Junior lineman who DNP last week because of a leg injury. I don't know how serious or what his status is. A couple guys were banged up last week but nothing too serious that I've heard.

I'm not privy to the injury status, so take my insight with a grain of salt, but I'd say we've been fortunate so far.

We've got a tough Junior lineman who DNP last week because of a leg injury. I don't know how serious or what his status is. A couple guys were banged up last week but nothing too serious that I've heard.

Allen is not bang up at all.......it may be tough love from the new coach......as far as Allison no one has said he wasnt playing this week him being on crutches was just an observation.......not even sure if if he is taking snaps at practice but they are keeping him off of it during the day. I am sure the Mustangs will play hard and Robinson will have the Cats ready so come on Friday night.