Bossier City-Coach bans visiting team radio

24sports7

According to a story in the Shreveport Times, Parkway High (Bossier City) football coach David Feaster, a former Sulphur Springs coach, has banned visiting teams' radio stations from broadcasting football games played at Parkway as a way to preserve or increase the live gate.

Article said in La. the home team controls all broadcast rights, so it is legal for a school to do this.

This is the craziest thing I have ever heard. I sure hope this never happens in Texas.

Can you imagine the outrage in Texas if say, for example, Kilgore was to play at Henderson and Henderson denied Kilgore radio broadcast rights, thus forcing all the Kilgore fans to drive to the game and buy a ticket. That would be ugly.

Nothing about Louisiana athletics surprises me.

Just look how it's run. The private/public school thing has just about destroyed their prep football.

Not that it could be messed up more with the way they seed teams.

Some of their in-game rules played havoc on Marshall and Longview when they played in La.....

and guess where Marshall is Saturday afternoon...... ugh.

According to a story in the Shreveport Times, Parkway High (Bossier City) football coach David Feaster, a former Sulphur Springs coach, has banned visiting teams' radio stations from broadcasting football games played at Parkway as a way to preserve or increase the live gate.

Article said in La. the home team controls all broadcast rights, so it is legal for a school to do this.

This is the craziest thing I have ever heard. I sure hope this never happens in Texas.

Can you imagine the outrage in Texas if say, for example, Kilgore was to play at Henderson and Henderson denied Kilgore radio broadcast rights, thus forcing all the Kilgore fans to drive to the game and buy a ticket. That would be ugly.

For years, they've blacked out local TV broadcasts of professional football games if the game wasn't sold out.

Seems like just about the same thing.

If schools can't live with that, they should refuse to schedule Parkway in the future.