Top 5 Quarterbacks in East Texas

Thunderriver1

Greg Ward (Tyler) 26 of 50 for 524 yards 0 int. 129 rating 38 rushes for 116 yards

Erik Richards (Rivercrest) 33 of 53 for 535 yards 2 int. 118 rating 34 rushes for 154 yards

Blake White (Grace Comm./Tyler) 39 of 60 for 588 yards 1 int. 112 rating 32 rushes for 112 yards

Brad Macek ((Sulphur Springs) 44 of 55 for 601 yards 2 int. 139 rating 5 rushes for 9 yards

Patrick Mahomes (Whitehouse) 33 of 49 for 521 yards 1 int. 134 rating 6 rushes for -10 yards

QB/athlete Mike Roberson Arp 9 carries 182 yards 3 TD's/ 5 rec 105 yards 1 TD. Has Touched the ball only 14 Times total this season and has 287 yards total and 4 TD's. AVG over 20 ypc when lined up in Arp's Wildcat as the QB. Not the top but up there for sure.

QB/athlete Mike Roberson Arp 9 carries 182 yards 3 TD's/ 5 rec 105 yards 1 TD. Has Touched the ball only 14 Times total this season and has 287 yards total and 4 TD's. AVG over 20 ypc when lined up in Arp's Wildcat as the QB. Not the top but up there for sure.

Sounds like he needs to be the full time QB and Arp may be as good as you boast they are!

I would have Roberson back there if it were me. He needs more touches. Just my humble opinion.

I agree.......their QB lit Pewitt's secondary up. He didn't Tatum's. All I'm saying is to be effect you've gotta be able to throw on the good teams as well as the bad teams.

These may well be the top statistical quarterbacks in east Texas but let's not confuse stats with true ability. I mean hard to compare most small school kids to big school kids. Just a whole different game. Much more size, speed and overall athleticism on the field. Don't start hatin small school people because I am all about the small schools. It is what it is though. Also, as far as stats are concerned we should certainly take into consideration the competition. Last, let us not forget the most important stat of all, WINS!

I would have Roberson back there if it were me. He needs more touches. Just my humble opinion.

how many times you think someone has said that to irwin already hahahahaha sorry to say but I agree as well. But they really want him on defense. Thats what he will do in college and its not fair to ask him to be a target and take a chance on losing that oppertunity. Its one thing playing full time defense but you double your risk playing both ways.

how many times you think someone has said that to irwin already hahahahaha sorry to say but I agree as well. But they really want him on defense. Thats what he will do in college and its not fair to ask him to be a target and take a chance on losing that oppertunity. Its one thing playing full time defense but you double your risk playing both ways.

High school is about winning high school games. Plenty of kids played QB in high school and defense or some other position in college. I'm sure you remember L. Cooper playing both ways for Arp. It didn't hurt his college opportunity. High school coaches job is to put kids in the right positions to win high school football games. Arp would be a better team with Roberson at QB.

These may well be the top statistical quarterbacks in east Texas but let's not confuse stats with true ability. I mean hard to compare most small school kids to big school kids. Just a whole different game. Much more size, speed and overall athleticism on the field. Don't start hatin small school people because I am all about the small schools. It is what it is though. Also, as far as stats are concerned we should certainly take into consideration the competition. Last, let us not forget the most important stat of all, WINS!

All of the players on this thread would be good at any school large or small. Larger schools certainly have the numbers and talent.You always have a good group of players that can play at any level even at the small schools. Just not as many. The converse is also true, if smaller school QBs had all the talented players of larger schools, they would be even better.

All of the players on this thread would be good at any school large or small. Larger schools certainly have the numbers and talent.You always have a good group of players that can play at any level even at the small schools. Just not as many. The converse is also true, if smaller school QBs had all the talented players of larger schools, they would be even better.

Well said.....and certainly true.