Athens vs. Rusk

AthenianDem83

Alto is a 1-A. Thats why. Same reason why Athens isn't playing Cross Roads.

Cross roads has a football team? I've been in east Texas all my life and till right now I'm finding out cross roads has football team. It must be 6-man team.

Athens can do the same thing to Rusk that y'all did to us last year!!!!

Yeup and they will.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Athens was very good in the early to mid 60's. including the only team to beat the 1964 State Champion Palestine Wildcats.

Then they were good again in the very late 80's and super early 90's. Including an 8 year run of being in a super competitive district with Ennis, Terrel, Lancaster, Chapel Hill and Corsicana. In those 8 years Ennis beat Corsicana once, Chapel Hill beat them once and Terrel once. Athens beat then 4 times for a 4-4 split.

But just about every other year in our history has been super ####! Well there was 2 years WAY WAY back we were good, when Booger Scott played for them, the first Athenian ever to go to the pros, but that was way back!

Every school has had their ups and downs. None of that matters about tonight though. Im looking forward to the eagles going 4-0 after tonight. Once the folks from Athens see Bennett play they will not mention "taking him out of the game" anymore. they will understand there is no way to do that. And Athens gets lucky if they even contain him!

Every school has had their ups and downs. None of that matters about tonight though. Im looking forward to the eagles going 4-0 after tonight. Once the folks from Athens see Bennett play they will not mention "taking him out of the game" anymore. they will understand there is no way to do that. And Athens gets lucky if they even contain him!

We will see tonight at Bruce field!!!!

I personally feel like Rusk is much improved from last year, and the score was 38-3... Athens may also be better than last year, I'm not sure, but I think Rusk will continue their hot streak and take this one....

I think Rusk will head into their matchup on October 5 with Carthage at 5-0....

Rusk 41

Athens 24

I personally feel like Rusk is much improved from last year, and the score was 38-3... Athens may also be better than last year, I'm not sure, but I think Rusk will continue their hot streak and take this one....

I think Rusk will head into their matchup on October 5 with Carthage at 5-0....

Rusk 41

Athens 24

Uniballer you got to score mixed up!!!

Athens 42

Rusk 14