Center vs Fairfield

chugz73

Don't know much about them myself. Maybe some Diboll fans will get on here and tell us a little more about them, cause they played Fairfield three weeks ago.

But just what I was able to look up their 3-0 so far this season. They beat Diboll(1-2), Canton (2-1), and Madisonville (1-2). Last season they went 10-1 lost to Lorena in the first round. The year before that they went 9-2, lost to La Vega in the first round. Other then that I don't know much.

I'll give my prediction later

I watched them play Canton. They have good size and have some speed. I also watched a scrimmage Center played. it looks like it will be a good matchup of players. Fairfield is bigger up front on both sides and the linebackers can really play. Center will have to play really well to get by them.

Better get ready to man up and play football. They have lost a grand total of ONE game during the regular season in the last three years.

THey have had some hard luck with first round playoff opponents but make no mistake they are well coached and have good talent. You should have seen this team five years ago before the current staff took over and I realize that their HC left for Tyler Lee last year but the rest of the staff stayed. THey were a trainwreck as was the community. Massive disfunction. There were dozens of idiots trying to show off their ignorance about the current staff but thankfully the results have shut just about all of those fools up.

After this week you will KNOW how good you are,

As to the initial question of where the Rider fans are, I have to say I'm confused as to that too. I know there were a lot of questions coming into this season after the past two seasons which, following the amazing 2009 season, were a little disappointing. I don't know how many years it has been, but i don't think Center has started off 3 and 0 in a really really long time. I really thought the Center fans would be pumped up at this point.

The attendance at the first game (at home) was depressingly low. It had rained for most of the day, but less than a third of the stands were full to see what turned out to be a really good game.

The second game (against Longview Pinetree, which I thought everybody would go see since it would be a really good test of Center's talent this year) was only half as populated as I thought it would be, and Center ended up beating Pinetree easy.

The third game against Atlanta was a little better supported, about two thirds of the stands, maybe a little less, but the fans were lackluster. As a whole the fans didn't really route for their team, they just kinda watched. Until the end of the game, when Center had it in the bag, the stands were pretty quiet, and then, which is typical in Center, they went crazy.

It's got to be hard for a team to know they won't get the support until the win a few games in a row. I thought they'd get the support right after the first win, but that didn't happen. All that being said, I really hope the Center fans at least jump on the wagon like they normally would after three wins in a row.

I'd also like to know a little more about Fairfield's offense and defense.

Center has faced three power running teams so far, and has struggled in the first half. They've made great halftime adjustments during all three games and made their opponents start throwing, which they seemed to do pretty well. I'm interested to see if Fairfield will test Center's unproven secondary.

And I say unproven, not that they have played horrible. They've come up with picks when they've needed them and made some stops, but that was against teams that obviously wanted to run the ball.

I'm also interested to see how much the offensive staff lets their young QB throw the ball. He's looked sharp at times, but he really only got to throw downfield in the second half of the last game. I really want to see them let him loose, so we can see what he can do. You don't want to be too slow at letting him cut loose. It seems like this will be a great game, and I'd rather lose against a non district opponent testing the offenses' limits than wait until Carthage or Jasper and find those things out.

I hope Center wins this game, but I don't see it as a must win by any means. Take the opportunity against a good team to see what you can do and what you need to improve on.

Sorry this was so long winded. Feel free to criticize me for that.

OH AND RIDER FANS. WAKE UP. YOU'VE GOT A TEAM WORTH THROWING ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT AT.