Week Four: Longview at Mesquite

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (3-1) at Mesquite Skeeters (4-0)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mesquite in a close one
    • Mesquite in a blow out

Mesquite has played and defeated Lake Highlands, a great team that is always a threat to make the playoffs every year, Arlington Bowie, another great team that just defeated previously #2 Dallas Skyline, Plano West, a team that also is a threat to make the playoffs every year while having to fend off teams like Dallas Jesuit, Plano East and Plano High, and lastly, they defeated Garland Naaman Forest, a team that is in a tougher district than most, and has managed to hang in there with the best of 'em. Longview is a very good team, and I am not taking anything away from the Lobos, because they will go far in the playoffs this year, but they are facing a new look Mesquite Skeeter team that just has a better attitude this year than past Skeeter teams. Coach Robinson is gonna have the Skeeters fired for this game in a way that I just don't see the Lobos putting a killing on them like some folks think wil happen! If the Lobos win, then I'll be the first to raise my glass to them and say "Great job, you deserve this win."

You're not helping your argument at all. First you say Lake highlands is a great team, since freakin when? making the playoffs every year makes you a great team now? you do know four teams in every district are able to make it now right?

Plano West has to fend off Dallas Jesuit every year? Dallas Jesuit? who in the world....lmao

and then you bring up Garland freakin Naaman Forest.....I give up.

1341436217768.gif

Mesquite has played and defeated Lake Highlands, a great team that is always a threat to make the playoffs every year, Arlington Bowie, another great team that just defeated previously #2 Dallas Skyline, Plano West, a team that also is a threat to make the playoffs every year while having to fend off teams like Dallas Jesuit, Plano East and Plano High, and lastly, they defeated Garland Naaman Forest, a team that is in a tougher district than most, and has managed to hang in there with the best of 'em. Longview is a very good team, and I am not taking anything away from the Lobos, because they will go far in the playoffs this year, but they are facing a new look Mesquite Skeeter team that just has a better attitude this year than past Skeeter teams. Coach Robinson is gonna have the Skeeters fired for this game in a way that I just don't see the Lobos putting a killing on them like some folks think wil happen! If the Lobos win, then I'll be the first to raise my glass to them and say "Great job, you deserve this win."

This long of a post and you still didn't answer my question.

I remember hearing an interview with John King a few years back when he was asked about what his plans were about addressing the number of fumbles in that particular game. He said that focusing on that might change the style of play of the backs so he could not harp on them too much.

I wonder if he has had second thoughts about that concept/theory after fumbles on 5 straight possessions tonight?