Gilmer @ Gladewater

BearPride6

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's gonna win this one?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite ready to make a prediction yet, but Gladewater could beat Gilmer in this game. Gilmer had problems on the Offensive Line, and Gladewater's D line is supposed to be stout. If the two big tackles from Gladewater are in Gilmer's backfield all night causing havoc, stopping the running game, & getting sacks, Gilmer could wind up on the short side of this.

It's gonna be a tough game for Gilmer. If the O line can step up, Gilmer can be good. But they need to take that step.

These games are so hard to guage. I see this district ping ponging back and forth for the next six games. I watched GW play Dangerfud,, and although they won,, they didn't really look that great doing it at times. Then they'd make a big play. It was early in the year,, and they were a bit inconsistent. I'm sure they've improved. And Dangerfud played us really tough the first half last night. I don't know how GW's injury report looks,, I know we still have a few kids out that have been out several weeks. Chase got his knee tweeked last night,, and we had a couple more come to the sideline paining a little. Not sure how that will affect them this week. Week in,, week out,,, this thing can ebb back and forth in this district. I'm guessing we have several really comparable teams. Injuries, and breaks/mistakes will probably play a huge difference in this season.

Like last night in Dangerfud,,,Daingerfield,,, sorry,, I keep gettin' that wrong. LOL we had a penalty,,, it was 15 yards downfield,,, personal foul,,, I've seen that penalty called from the spot of the foul many many times,,, last night, they went back to the line of scrimmage,,, marked it off from there,,,,, 30 yard penalty length. I've watched a lot of football,, and seen it called both ways,,, but more often called from the spot of a personal foul. Maybe the difference is if the personal foul comes during the play itself,, or if it's a "dead ball foul". It's confusing, when you see officials do different things to penalize a team for the same foul. Right or wrong last night,, I know that officiating can play a huge role in games as well as injuries, and breaks. When you have a lot of teams who seem to be of "close to" the same abilities and talents,,, so many intangibles can sway a game one way or another. And then again,, those weird shaped ballz tend to bounce funny. So who knows how this season will progress.

I'm liking Gilmer's chances against Gladewater, "if" we can stop making silly mistakes. We've made more than our share of just goofy mistakes already this year. I attribute that to lots of youth on the team. And a QB who hasn't played the position in two years. Wr's who are starting varsity games for the first time etc. But,, the other teams in this district are all probably dealing with some of those things as well. So saying that,,,,, is not an excuse. We have to play with who we put on the field,, newbie on varsity or not. My best guess at this point,, is that the top three teams at the end of the year will come out of Chapel Hill, Henderson, Kilgore, and Gilmer. But that could be anything but the way it winds up. Lots of teams in this district can/could get on a roll,, and run the tables with it,,, or the district champion could have one possibly two losses at the end. This,,,, is gonna get interesting folks. Just don't be too surprised if your favorite team doesn't make the playoffs. We've all got a long way to go.

I look for Gilmer's offensive to get alittle better everyweek, Kurt Traylor will have it no other way! Gilmer has to find away to get the ball in Dixon's hands more, the kid is a freak, especially on punt returns, Tate is good, but Dixon is way better on punt returns! from what I saw last year on JV. If Gilmer continues to play sloppy, and get penalized for a 100 yds, they will be lucky to make the playoffs. If Gilmer's oline steps it up, and Barr can limit the picks, Gilmer wins handily, if not, its a nail biter!

Gladewater has to develope some sort of pass attack, they will not beat Gilmer by just running the ball, or let me say it will surprise me, you can pass the ball on Gilmer, they have never and I mean never been able to shut the pass down, Ive been working in Gilmer for the better part of 7 years, and the games I do go to, if the other team can pass, they get torched!, but they can stop the run, you might break one or two on them, but they WILL make a stand!

In my opinion Gilmer has to give up atleast 2 to 3 turnovers, for Gladewater to pull this one out, and Gilmer is REALLY suspect, to that right now, so if Gladewater has a shot to beat Gilmer, it's this year, because it won't happen next year, Gilmer is my pick to win it all next year, in Div2, and possibly the next if they can be developing a QB to replace Barr for the 2014 season and not wait till the last minute!

So im gonna say Gladewater, will try and just do what they do best, run the ball, (John King Lobo mentality, pound the rock and it sucs), they get in a couple of times, maybe 3, but Gilmer steps it up this week, and puts up 42 again!

Buckeyes 42-21

I look for Gilmer's offensive to get alittle better everyweek, Kurt Traylor will have it no other way! Gilmer has to find away to get the ball in Dixon's hands more, the kid is a freak, especially on punt returns, Tate is good, but Dixon is way better on punt returns! from what I saw last year on JV. If Gilmer continues to play sloppy, and get penalized for a 100 yds, they will be lucky to make the playoffs. If Gilmer's oline steps it up, and Barr can limit the picks, Gilmer wins handily, if not, its a nail biter!

Gladewater has to develope some sort of pass attack, they will not beat Gilmer by just running the ball, or let me say it will surprise me, you can pass the ball on Gilmer, they have never and I mean never been able to shut the pass down, Ive been working in Gilmer for the better part of 7 years, and the games I do go to, if the other team can pass, they get torched!, but they can stop the run, you might break one or two on them, but they WILL make a stand!

In my opinion Gilmer has to give up atleast 2 to 3 turnovers, for Gladewater to pull this one out, and Gilmer is REALLY suspect, to that right now, so if Gladewater has a shot to beat Gilmer, it's this year, because it won't happen next year, Gilmer is my pick to win it all next year, in Div2, and possibly the next if they can be developing a QB to replace Barr for the 2014 season and not wait till the last minute!

So im gonna say Gladewater, will try and just do what they do best, run the ball, (John King Lobo mentality, pound the rock and it sucs), they get in a couple of times, maybe 3, but Gilmer steps it up this week, and puts up 42 again!

Buckeyes 42-21

I can agree with your post Badwolf on nearly everything. It's not that I disagree with you on our pass defense,, I just have to add an ammendment to your remarks. LOL We've done a "great" job at keeping teams from throwing the ball "deep" on us this year. Our "safeties" have played remarkably well. Even our corners have done a pretty good job for the most part. But where we've been hurt by the pass this year, is on short swing passes where good athletes get the ball and go one on one against our DB's. Or 10 to 15 yard out patterns where the QB rolls out and makes the throw. Actually I kinda like our DB's. I did "not" see the Prestonwood game,, and I know we "did get torched" some in that game. But I give a lot of credit to the Prestonwood QB, and recievers,,, sometimes you go against teams, who are just downright better than you in certain matchups, and I think that's what happened there.

The other area our defense needs to work on,,,, is when a team, (like Gladewater) who has a very athletic QB,, quick, and elusive, who drops back to pass,, finds no one open, then takes off. We've not done that good a job containing QB's like that,, and have given up some big gains to them as a result. If I'm Gilmer's coaches,,, I work very very hard this week,, and trying to contain GW's QB,,, not passing,,, but running,,, if not,, he could make us pay. He will hurt us with his wheels,,, more than he will with his arm.

Buckeyes 42-21

BadWolf, actually the Bears have a better passing attack this year than in the past few years. They don't rely totally on the run. Daniels can hurt a team with both his running and passing. The problem for the Bears will still be their pass defense. If they can be thrown on, it will then open up the other team's running attack. Going into Atlanta, I was looking more for the Rabbits to run the ball, and they killed us in the air, which then opened up their ground game. Also Atlanta has some great RB's. Webster, plus when they get back all their other injured RB's, well the rabbits are going to surprise many.

Friday night was telling, in that the Bears couldn't handle a team that Gilmer had already beaten and the Buckeyes handled a team (Daingerfield) that the Bears had beaten. I'm picking my Bears and believe they can win. Sometimes a loss works to really help a team get more focused on the task at hand, and the Bears will have to play their best game to stop Gilmer.

The Battle of the G's. Ill take Gilmer by 7. I think this is going to be a close game.

I would have said this was a toss up game with either team winning until the Atlanta game. This is a rival so scoring may be lower. Gilmer is reaching there stride so it may get ugly late in the game but I do see a good three quarters. Gladewater should be mad after getting slapped by Atlanta. Not talking bad about atlanta they do have a good team. Gilmer by 2 td's or more

I've seen both teams this year and I've been more impressed with Gladewater. With that being said, they need to have some kind of passing game this week if they want to be Gilmer.

Besides being a heated rivalry, this game could be the difference in going to the playoffs and staying home.