Gilmer @ Gladewater

BearPride6

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's gonna win this one?

You know, I am a little tired of people saying "Gilmer has too much for the Bears". That's like a politician saying, "I'm going to make things better"!!!

Please, at least tell us what Gilmer has that is better! And you Buckeye fans that say "If Gilmer puts it all together, it's gonna be a stompin", well why is it if y'all play your best you will win? Gladewater could say the same thing. "If everything comes together Friday night, then the Buckeyes don't stand a chance"!!! That's why the games are played, or else just give 'em the trophy and let's watch college football on Friday night (which by the way was a great game between my other Bears & ULM)!

Come on people, don't talk in general terms. anyone can do that. Tell me why the Buckeye defense is better or why Gilmer will put up more points on the Bear defense!

Let's get some of those Atlanta & Daingerfield posters in here to tell us what they think since they have seen both teams.

It's the difference in athletic ability as well as Talent in the offensive line and from the defensive point I don't see gladewater stopping gilmer as far as moving the ball on them they will, but I don't see a win for gladewater Time will tell, but I just truly see a gilmer W on the way I have no ties to either school I'm just looking at the talent level. Gladewater is a good team, but gilmer I think has it they are faster and they seem to be more athletic. It'll be a good game none the less. I saw the daingerfeild game and I saw a stout stingy gilmer Defense with great closing speed.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, well shucks thanks so much!!! The only thing y'all Buckeyes are going to beat us at this year is cooking up some of them yams y'all are so good at making!!! Bring some with y'all Friday night and the Bears can eat them at our VICTORY PARTY!!!!!

I'll brings the yams if you bring the crow. Then I'll cook you up a Sweet Potato / Crow casserole for your consumption after the Buckeye victory. If you cook it just right, you'll swear you're eating possum. And everyone knows possum's good eats.

It's the difference in athletic ability as well as Talent in the offensive line and from the defensive point I don't see gladewater stopping gilmer as far as moving the ball on them they will, but I don't see a win for gladewater Time will tell, but I just truly see a gilmer W on the way I have no ties to either school I'm just looking at the talent level. Gladewater is a good team, but gilmer I think has it they are faster and they seem to be more athletic. It'll be a good game none the less. I saw the daingerfeild game and I saw a stout stingy gilmer Defense with great closing speed.

Have you seen the Bears play this year? If not, how can you say Gilmer has better athletic ability....a better offensive line.....more talent, and more speed?

I'll brings the yams if you bring the crow. Then I'll cook you up a Sweet Potato / Crow casserole for your consumption after the Buckeye victory. If you cook it just right, you'll swear you're eating possum. And everyone knows possum's good eats.

We won't need the crow unless y'all will be joining us in our VICTORY feast!!! Besides, I figure y'all will be really sad and ready to get out of town!!! :)

AND SINGLE LADIES TOO

You've got a point..........., but I don't know if that is a good thing........ All the women in Gladwater have to get out of town to find real men, but have you seen some of their women? Here's a couple of pictures of some of the Bare fans:

Ugly-people29297.jpg22.jpg38501.jpg

They also dress the part. Here's one of the grandmothers from Pritchett that is at every Bare game:these-ugly-people-exist-11.jpg

You are just jealous because you didn't grow up in Pritchett like I did and be in the Gladewater School District!!!

Hey blackflag, I spent a lot of time in Gilmer growing up. My mom actually owned a business there, but other than the skating rink (although Big Sandy's was better), I wouldn't have traded going to Gladewater Schools for anything!!! Who wants to be a Buckeye when you can be a BEAR!!!!!

Jealous??!! Bwahahahahahaha........stop it........you're making me laugh until I cry.......hahahahaha......

I guess that's why the people in the Mings Chapel area wanted to stay in the Gladewater school district.........oh, wait......lol! They wanted OUT of Gladewater's school district, and I can't say as I blame them....

By the way, I probably know you. I used to hang out at the skating rink back in the day....

OK, if it's pot stirring that everyone wants...I'll stir the pot!!!

What exactly does Gilmer have that you think is too much for the Bears??? So far I haven't seen anything that outstanding coming from the north!!! :)

Three from the north...Tate, Walker & Boyd...it could be ugly.

Dang! I didn't mean to run everybody off with those pictures of the Bare fans! Page 2? Really? This IS an important game! The winner of this one will have a really good shot at making the playoffs. The loser will have an uphill battle just to make the playoffs. To say this game is important is an understatement, so we'll see which team is better prepared and plays better. I see this game as being close if the Bares don't turn the ball over. I would love to see the Buckeyes play the way they did in the second half of the Daingerfield game. If they do, the Buckeyes will win by 2 TDs. If not, it will be a toss-up.

To my Buckeyes, this is a RIVALRY game, and you KNOW the Bares will try their best to beat you. If you don't win any other games all year long, the teams to ALWAYS beat are Daingerfield and Gladwater! Play like it's a playoff game, because, in reality, it is. Put 'em away, and remove all doubt!

If Tate ever gets out in the open Gladewater will be chasing all night long. If they can contain him and shut down the passing game then the Bears may have a shot at winning this game; but, from what I hear, Gladewater's corners are too little to compete in this district.

Gilmer usually turns it up a notch this time of year so I really can't favor the Bears to win this one.

Gilmer is probably the best team in the district right now next to Kilgore.

You've got a point..........., but I don't know if that is a good thing........ All the women in Gladwater have to get out of town to find real men, but have you seen some of their women? Here's a couple of pictures of some of the Bare fans:

Ugly-people29297.jpg22.jpg38501.jpg

They also dress the part. Here's one of the grandmothers from Pritchett that is at every Bare game:these-ugly-people-exist-11.jpg

HaHa, blackflag you are too much!!! I thought I had burned all those pics!!!

LMBO I bet you won't be saying that on smoaky late fridaY night.

you will Probably say Gimer is good & we played hard and good luck the rest of the way. We didn't play bear football.

Well, I normally do give congrats when it is due, and always say "good luck the rest of the way". I NEVER have said "we didn't play Bear football", so not sure what point you are trying to make. Oh yeah, you aren't even from Gilmer!!! I think maybe you fans down there in Henderson need to worry about your own team right now. Not sure if y'all are even ready for district yet!!!

Jealous??!! Bwahahahahahaha........stop it........you're making me laugh until I cry.......hahahahaha......

I guess that's why the people in the Mings Chapel area wanted to stay in the Gladewater school district.........oh, wait......lol! They wanted OUT of Gladewater's school district, and I can't say as I blame them....

By the way, I probably know you. I used to hang out at the skating rink back in the day....

Maybe so, but I think I might be quite a few years older than you!!!

Maybe so, but I think I might be quite a few years older than you!!!

Judging by that photo of you above, you may be right! Here it is again....

these-ugly-people-exist-11.jpg

I'm probably at least 10 years younger than her. I hung out at the skating rink every Friday and Saturday night from the mid '70s to the late '70s. I'm not a spring chicken, but I ain't too old to cut the muster, either, lol.

Dang! I didn't mean to run everybody off with those pictures of the Bare fans! Page 2? Really? This IS an important game! The winner of this one will have a really good shot at making the playoffs. The loser will have an uphill battle just to make the playoffs. To say this game is important is an understatement, so we'll see which team is better prepared and plays better. I see this game as being close if the Bares don't turn the ball over. I would love to see the Buckeyes play the way they did in the second half of the Daingerfield game. If they do, the Buckeyes will win by 2 TDs. If not, it will be a toss-up.

To my Buckeyes, this is a RIVALRY game, and you KNOW the Bares will try their best to beat you. If you don't win any other games all year long, the teams to ALWAYS beat are Daingerfield and Gladwater! Play like it's a playoff game, because, in reality, it is. Put 'em away, and remove all doubt!

Totally agree about the Tigers. Of all the teams I have wanted to beat the most in all my years as a Bear fan, Daingerfield heads the list, along with Gilmer, White Oak & Spring Hill.

I agree that this game is as important as they come. Of course all the games are important because there is no sure win game in this district this year. The loser will definitely be put in a bad position. In this district you don't want to lose on the opening night of district!!!

Going out here and picking the Buxs. Edge to the Gilmer coaching staff who know how to adjust as evidenced last week. Probably one of the best, if not the best, coaching staffs in this part of the state. Pound for pound, they know how to maximize talent in Tatertown.

Judging by that photo of you above, you may be right! Here it is again....

these-ugly-people-exist-11.jpg

I'm probably at least 10 years younger than her. I hung out at the skating rink every Friday and Saturday night from the mid '70s to the late '70s. I'm not a spring chicken, but I ain't too old to cut the muster, either, lol.

Well, my hair was never that bad, but she is probably about my age!!! My hanging out at the skating rink on Friday and Saturday nights were more the mid to late 60's. By the time I got into high school in the early 70's I was too busy on Friday & Saturday nights to do much skating. Most of the time after the games we would hit the Pizza Hut in Longview.

Well, my hair was never that bad, but she is probably about my age!!! My hanging out at the skating rink on Friday and Saturday nights were more the mid to late 60's. By the time I got into high school in the early 70's I was too busy on Friday & Saturday nights to do much skating. Most of the time after the games we would hit the Pizza Hut in Longview.

What? :o Your hair was never that bad? I thought you always wore it like that during football season. Oh, well.........

I guess that makes you about 5 to 10 years older than me then. I graduated from high school in '79, so you're not that much older than me. My days of hanging out at the skating rink came to an end when I got my first car. It was downtown, where there were parties on every street corner, or Longview for pizza and movies. Gilmer was a definite little hotbed of parties back in them days. :unsure: My, how things change......

What? :o Your hair was never that bad? I thought you always wore it like that during football season. Oh, well.........

I guess that makes you about 5 to 10 years older than me then. I graduated from high school in '79, so you're not that much older than me. My days of hanging out at the skating rink came to an end when I got my first car. It was downtown, where there were parties on every street corner, or Longview for pizza and movies. Gilmer was a definite little hotbed of parties back in them days. :unsure: My, how things change......

Wow, we must be about the same age then cause I graduated in '75 and most graduates of Gilmer High were already in their early 20's when they graduated!!! LOL (Sorry I couldn't resist)

LOLOLOL you do realize your a fan of Gladewater right. Did they win something heck even make the playoffs . That same team beat the bears 52-7 last year. I needed that laugh.

Laugh all you want, but my focus is on the Gladewater/Gilmer game, not whatever Henderson is putting on the field!!! Like I said, you might better worry about your own team!!!

Oh, and by the way, I wouldn't be a fan of any other team!!! I did, however root for the Lions the year they won state, but it was only because one of my all-time favorite coaches was on your staff, and also beause I rooted for all the District of Doom teams once they made the playoffs.

Now, since it's not playoff time, I can go back to hating on the opposition. This week it is the Buckeyes. Don't get so hyper to mix it up so early in the year. Your time will come soon enough to be beat by my Bears. So just focus on your opponent this week, or by the time the Bears take down the Lions, the Lions will have already been eliminated from the playoff picture!!!

Wow, we must be about the same age then cause I graduated in '75 and most graduates of Gilmer High were already in their early 20's when they graduated!!! LOL (Sorry I couldn't resist)

I hear those kids in Gladewater are always a little slow in the brains department, thus, they are always in their mid-20s when they graduate high school IF they even graduate at all. I heard that if they didn't graduate by their mid-20s, they usually never made it past the 6th grade anyway, LOL (Sorry, couldn't resist telling the truth, LOL). I graduated high school at the tender young age of 17, didn't even turn 18 'til nearly three months after graduation. So, about 5 years separate us in age would be my guess. The kids nowadays don't remember when we were REAL rivals, and heated rivals at that. Those Murphy coached Bare teams beat us regularly liked rented mules, but the tables have turned now, and I hope these Buckeye kids can continue that for years to come.