Big Sandy @ Maud

blesseddaily

Should push keppard to 6 ints on the season. Thought it was a hard hitting clean game for the most part. Glad to see bs opened up the offense a little. Be glad when 1 and 5 get out there. Will put even more speed out there! Good luck rest of the way maud. Sorry but i enjoyed the train horn.....

Guest JORR2CAR

On another note, I've been to a lot of 1A and 2A games in my life and I have never seen a QB in that class of school throw for 5TD in one game. I know its been done before but it is still very impressive! And i'm with you Knothead58, can not wait till we can put a full team out there and see what happens!

On another note, I've been to a lot of 1A and 2A games in my life and I have never seen a QB in that class of school throw for 5TD in one game. I know its been done before but it is still very impressive! And i'm with you Knothead58, can not wait till we can put a full team out there and see what happens!

good game to the wild cats. wish u the best of luck that isuntil u play the rams. cant wait for our game to come. i pray no injuries for ur kids and see u when the real season starts.

I agree JORR2CORR...Big Sandy should be the favored team for several reasons...the past two seasons results, the athletes that Big Sandy returns and BS being picked to make the playoffs in a larger classification are a few of the reasons...I hope that it is a close game and both teams escape injury free.

Turns out you were right Big Sandy should have been heavily favored in this one after all.

Big Sandy had, by far, the best looking athletes of any team we have played so far...they should do well in their district. Our kids played hard but were just outgunned in several areas...if we can make it past HG without any injuries we will do fine in our district but we are a year or two away from being able to play with the good teams in D-1 1A but I have no doubt that we will get there...Coach Langley has done a good job in a short time...next seaason maybe we can keep that horn from blowing so much next year!! Good luck to the Wildcats the rest of the season and playoffs!

I was wondering how Big Sandylooked last night? My job took me through BS last thursday and they where on the practice field in full pads so I slowed down to take a peek and man they were getting after it!!!! Is the coach old school or what? Gilmer is only in full pads two days a week...

I like our new coach and his style but it ### we had to make another coaching change. I think we would be sittin 4-1 or 5-0. Langley will get there but it takes a lil time to get a program in place! Good luck BS the rest of the way. I think we will do good in our new district. No more BIg Sandys, Carlisles etc in district! Lol

Guest JORR2CAR

Maud does have some good talent! Anyone can see that. Now all this is my opinion, so we all know what that is worth, right??? I know #10 for you all is the "go to guy" (and he has some talent) but I did not understand why Maud did not try to spread the ball around more to other talent on the team??? You all should do well in district and we wish you all the very best!

Yes, our coach is a little old school...We are very lucky to have him here and all the coaching staff we have at Big Sandy. We have been lucky enough to have had coaches stay with us for a while and they consider this their home. Sometimes that is hard to find in smaller schools. Most coaches want to move on and coach the big schools and make the money. So, then again, I say we are very lucky.

Best of luck to you all Maud this year, Just wish you all were not so far away...Good Lord, I took one wrong turn last night on my way there and the next thing I know i see a sign that says "Welcome to Michigan"....lmao!

Beckville has Big Sandy after the bye week and it sounds like the Cats need to be ready for a balanced attack from BS. After playing Maud a couple weeks ago I thought they were a good team that should finish at or near the top of their district but don't know much about BS. Maud has played both so what do yall think Beckville should be focusing on and how do Beckville & BS match up in the trenches?

Guest JORR2CAR

Now you do have to keep in mind probably our overall best athlete and leading rusher the last 2 seasons was sitting out the maud game. I can tell you Maud did move the ball on us some but 2 of there 3 touchdowns came when we're running prevent defense. 1 with less than 1 minute in the first half and 1 with less than 1 minute in the second half. On the other hand that was probably the best game Big Sandy has played all year. it just so happened to be against Maud.

Now you do have to keep in mind probably our overall best athlete and leading rusher the last 2 seasons was sitting out the maud game. I can tell you Maud did move the ball on us some but 2 of there 3 touchdowns came when we're running prevent defense. 1 with less than 1 minute in the first half and 1 with less than 1 minute in the second half. On the other hand that was probably the best game Big Sandy has played all year. it just so happened to be against Maud.

We had our best athletes on the field but a couple making their third start at a new position against Maud along with completely blowing two kickoff coverages. The kid we have out due to a serious injury was our #1 QB, a kid that knew the offense well enough to call a variety of audibles....protection, WR routes, or change to a couple different plays. The kid playing QB now is really coming along and had a great game against Maud but with Allison healthy he would be at WR or RB which makes them very explosive at WR considering Allen plays the other WR. The difference for us was Maud had their foot on the gas pedal from the very start and we didnt start rolling good untill the second quarter plus the sweep was wearing us out. Beckville hurt themselves early in that game but give credit to Maud they be us by making us pay for mistakes and thats how you win ballgames. I knew BS had a couple kids that could run still fighting injuries......any idea when the starting RB will be healthy?

Guest JORR2CAR

We had our best athletes on the field but a couple making their third start at a new position against Maud along with completely blowing two kickoff coverages. The kid we have out due to a serious injury was our #1 QB, a kid that knew the offense well enough to call a variety of audibles....protection, WR routes, or change to a couple different plays. The kid playing QB now is really coming along and had a great game against Maud but with Allison healthy he would be at WR or RB which makes them very explosive at WR considering Allen plays the other WR. The difference for us was Maud had their foot on the gas pedal from the very start and we didnt start rolling good untill the second quarter plus the sweep was wearing us out. Beckville hurt themselves early in that game but give credit to Maud they be us by making us pay for mistakes and thats how you win ballgames. I knew BS had a couple kids that could run still fighting injuries......any idea when the starting RB will be healthy?

[/quote

Not for sure yet? Still has not been release from the doctor yet. He has been out the last 2 games. I am just glad we have a bye week for him we hope to get healthy. To be honest with you Big Sandy has not played good all year long and won a couple that we should have lost. but I have to give credit to her kids they find a way to get it done. it might be ugly but I'll take the win. we definitely played our best game against Maud. we do have some talent across the field, but it does not matter how much talent you have if the kids make so many mental mistakes. that was killing us at the beginning of the year. hope we get things rolling just in time for District.