Chapel Hill vs Gilmer

Chill5000

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who WIns?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for as the spread goes, I think it suits CH well because of the size of the overall team. CH is all ways the smaller team on the field. Bullard may be the only team they face and have the size advantage. What the spread does is take advantage by putting the best athletes on the field. The spread allows you to take an average QB and run the offense. JT does it, Cayuga did it and CH did it last year. But the OC has to be creative.

You forget that the Buckeyes introduced East Texas to the spread...they sure know how to defend it.

I'm always interested in 16-3a since most of the time one of their teams will emerge as a regional contender. After reading all the posts all year not only in this CH-Gilmer thread, but all the others too, it seems to me that CH is having a difficult time executing its offense. I have no doubts there are talented players on the team from what the enrollment numbers are, and then the winning tradition in football recently has to have a positive effect on the young ones that came up also. I just think CH has experienced a very tough schedule and is having a tough time coping with that situation now that the team is rebuilding. Perhaps not enough underclassmen were played in the previous 2 seasons, and now you are seeing the results in a rebuilding year. Sounds to me like execution is also a problem offensively. Argyle is a young team too, but we did have a few players returning that played alot of minutes as underclassmen. BTW, Argyle is something like 39-4 in the last 3 years, so youth is not an excuse nor should it be. I think the early schedule is part of the problem, and now CH will have to deal with 16-3A in district. Good luck on that, but it comes down to execution and desire. I know you guys must have some talented players, and the coaches have already shown they can get it done. CH needs to come together as a team, play together as a team, and they will win some of these games. Great expectations are only realized thru adversity and hard work in a district like 16-3A. I'll keep tuned-in to see how CH does the rest of this season. Gilmer already knows what they are up against in 16-3A. Now CH will have to come to that realization. It takes a TOTAL team effort, supporters included, for the boyz to come together as a team......win or lose. Good luck the rest of the season. Maybe that's exactly what CH needs.....some "good luck" to come their way.

I'm always interested in 16-3a since most of the time one of their teams will emerge as a regional contender. After reading all the posts all year not only in this CH-Gilmer thread, but all the others too, it seems to me that CH is having a difficult time executing its offense. I have no doubts there are talented players on the team from what the enrollment numbers are, and then the winning tradition in football recently has to have a positive effect on the young ones that came up also. I just think CH has experienced a very tough schedule and is having a tough time coping with that situation now that the team is rebuilding. Perhaps not enough underclassmen were played in the previous 2 seasons, and now you are seeing the results in a rebuilding year. Sounds to me like execution is also a problem offensively. Argyle is a young team too, but we did have a few players returning that played alot of minutes as underclassmen. BTW, Argyle is something like 39-4 in the last 3 years, so youth is not an excuse nor should it be. I think the early schedule is part of the problem, and now CH will have to deal with 16-3A in district. Good luck on that, but it comes down to execution and desire. I know you guys must have some talented players, and the coaches have already shown they can get it done. CH needs to come together as a team, play together as a team, and they will win some of these games. Great expectations are only realized thru adversity and hard work in a district like 16-3A. I'll keep tuned-in to see how CH does the rest of this season. Gilmer already knows what they are up against in 16-3A. Now CH will have to come to that realization. It takes a TOTAL team effort, supporters included, for the boyz to come together as a team......win or lose. Good luck the rest of the season. Maybe that's exactly what CH needs.....some "good luck" to come their way.

Well said. A few adjustments and we can at least compete. Some good luck would help too.

At this point, the turnovers bother me the most. Does anyone know how many fumbles/interceptions we have compiled in the last 5 games? The numbers cant be pretty.

To be bluntly honest, if we continue the turnovers, there is no way we compete in this district to make a playoff game.

From here on out im just going to support the Bulldogs like i always have. I hope for a few adjustments but i hope its not too late.

Get it done this week CH.

So you are saying players get fired for loosing and not the coaches!

If you want to assets you see a selfish problem on the team then you have that right. But I don't see that. And as a fan that's what we do is talk about the games and about our observation of what's going on on or off the field. That's what fans do. I have not witness selfish play from these boys. I see them playing their hardest until they have in their mind they are going to lose. That's the difference I see from last season team. They never accepted defeat no matter how things looked. And that will come if they ever come from behind and win a game!

I agree. I get critized everyday. It's part of life. It would be nice to live in a perfect world but it's not. From the day we are born until the day we die, we are critiqued about our actions from someone.

So you are saying players get fired for loosing and not the coaches!

If you want to assets you see a selfish problem on the team then you have that right. But I don't see that. And as a fan that's what we do is talk about the games and about our observation of what's going on on or off the field. That's what fans do. I have not witness selfish play from these boys. I see them playing their hardest until they have in their mind they are going to lose. That's the difference I see from last season team. They never accepted defeat no matter how things looked. And that will come if they ever come from behind and win a game!

Most of these boys have played together since 7th grade minus the QB & WON, they are not about "I" they know how to play as a TEAM. I see them each week encouraging each other on the sidelines. I don't see any one of them thinking they can do it alone or that they are better than the others. I think they are missing a key ingredient that they've had from 7th grade on.

Believe it or not I probably know more about the CHill kids then you, and yes I know about the injuries. But the facts are that Chapel Hill is playing below the talent that they have right now. And even last year he almost #### the championship game away, and that is a direct reflection on the HC.

The man is a frontrunner...

Instead of criticizing Coach Sitton and his staff, try saying a prayer for him and his athletes. They've dealt with a lot this season from losing Tre Allen to Longview, to having a player collapse on the field yesterday and have emergency brain surgery last night to save his life. It is easy to sit behind a computer and bash this program when you have no clue of what's really going on.

Its weird how he can take the Bulldogs to state 2 years in a row and then start out 0-1 in district and become enemy of the state. Chapel Hill does not deserve a coach like Thomas Sitton to lead their program if this is how people in the community are going to treat him. If you guys do not like what he is doing, feel free to show up to the field house anytime of the day to speak with him. You hide behind these screen names on SDC and bash him for the 4 games that the Bulldogs have lost last year.....yet, no one brings up the fact that he is pretty much fielding last years JV squad against some #### good teams.

By the way, the athelte that collapsed at practice yesterday is named Dorian Timmons. Let's spend today praying for him and his life rather than bashing Coach Sitton and his program.

Where's Buzzzz???

Ha ha, Im here, Im here!! Just lurking from a distance waiting on a good time to chime in!! Lol!

I think we will surprise some folks this week! I definitely cant wait for the game!! I think putting Black at receiver, and at safety is definately worth trying! I also wish Joseph would get a few more touches in games!! But most of all I would like to see more progression on the O and D lines! I have commented several times on what I think, but hey....Im not the coach!! Im just gonna keep on supporting my team, be there no matter what, and do my part as a true fan should and except what happens!! I have confidence that the players and coaches will get through this and I know they are working there tails off in practice to try and turn this thing around!!

All I can say is I hope Gilmer doesn't try and underestimate the Dogs, cause they do have the potential to win in this district, and if they can keep that mentality, and keep the momentum in there hip pocket, Ch will spoil your chance at getting to the playoffs!!

Dream BIG boys!!! This season has just started, its in your hands......lets keep it that way!

And definately prayers sent to Timmons and his family! God please bless him and give him the strength and will to fight though this battle!! God bless!

Instead of criticizing Coach Sitton and his staff, try saying a prayer for him and his athletes. They've dealt with a lot this season from losing Tre Allen to Longview, to having a player collapse on the field yesterday and have emergency brain surgery last night to save his life. It is easy to sit behind a computer and bash this program when you have no clue of what's really going on.

Its weird how he can take the Bulldogs to state 2 years in a row and then start out 0-1 in district and become enemy of the state. Chapel Hill does not deserve a coach like Thomas Sitton to lead their program if this is how people in the community are going to treat him. If you guys do not like what he is doing, feel free to show up to the field house anytime of the day to speak with him. You hide behind these screen names on SDC and bash him for the 4 games that the Bulldogs have lost last year.....yet, no one brings up the fact that he is pretty much fielding last years JV squad against some #### good teams.

By the way, the athelte that collapsed at practice yesterday is named Dorian Timmons. Let's spend today praying for him and his life rather than bashing Coach Sitton and his program.

[/quote.

FYI Nobody is hiding behind screen names 😝

So does Prestonwood. :)

OUCH! That one hurt! I will tell you this, though, Prestonwood is very good, and I think the Lions will win another TAPPS state championship this year. We'll get another shot at them next year at home. I'm hoping for a different outcome in that one. Inexperience and turnovers hurt us in that game. I'm not sure we've recovered completely from that spanking, because I see a lot of doubt in our execution on offense. If our young men would just trust in their abilities and execute on offense, we would be putting up over 40 points a game, in my opinion. Our young Buckeyes did learn from that loss, because they've turned it around since, albeit in the second half of games. I knew before the season started that our DEFENSE would have to keep us in games in the first half of the season, at least until our offense started executing, and getting deeper into the playbook. With a new QB, and a whole new corps of receivers and RBs, I think they've done a good job scoring enough points to win (obviously, because we ARE 4-1, 1-0). If our offense starts clicking like a well-oiled machine such as they've done in past years, look out, because our DEFENSE is very good. Our boys DEFINITELY know how to win even when the game is sloppy.

I've said a prayer, and will continue to send prayers to Dorian and the entire Timmons family. God bless them, and may Dorian make a full recovery. Amen.

Myself, I hope Sitton retires at the Hill. I have to disagree on sitting behing the computer. Everyone of these CH fans on here know each other. The folks in the field house know who we are. We are not hiding anything.

I agree, most importantly, we need to pray for the freshmen player. Football is at the bottom of the list when it comes to a kids well being.

Myself, I hope Sitton retires at the Hill. I have to disagree on sitting behing the computer. Everyone of these CH fans on here know each other. The folks in the field house know who we are. We are not hiding anything.

I agree, most importantly, we need to pray for the freshmen player. Football is at the bottom of the list when it comes to a kids well being.

I agree & I know several smoaky posters who have talked with Sitton & aren't scared to tell him what they have said on here. They also told him they are not the coach but we still don't have to agree with the decisions he makes, this board is to discuss football!

My family knew of the situation with Dorian last night, I know him personally & I pray for a full recovery.

Prayers for Dorian and his family. Also I have heard no one on here bashing sitton and/or his staff. We are entilted to our opinion and thats all it is, opinion! chapel HIll IMO has one of the best high school coaches in the wide state of texas and win make Chapel Hill a very good team mostly every year. There is no one hiding on SDC. I personally know 75% of the chapel hill posters oon here and I seriously doubt Coach sitton puts any thought into what "us" posters think. Its his team and he will runit the way he seems fit.

Prayers for Dorian and his family. Also I have heard no one on here bashing sitton and/or his staff. We are entilted to our opinion and thats all it is, opinion! chapel HIll IMO has one of the best high school coaches in the wide state of texas and win make Chapel Hill a very good team mostly every year. There is no one hiding on SDC. I personally know 75% of the chapel hill posters oon here and I seriously doubt Coach sitton puts any thought into what "us" posters think. Its his team and he will runit the way he seems fit.

Exactly. We are computer coaches and I'm pretty sure Sitton has a lot more worries than worrying about us giving our opinions on here.

By the way, I have personally expressed my concerns to him and he gave me the time. What he does from that point is his business.

Believe it or not I probably know more about the CHill kids then you, and yes I know about the injuries. But the facts are that Chapel Hill is playing below the talent that they have right now. And even last year he almost #### the championship game away, and that is a direct reflection on the HC.

The man is a frontrunner...

That's great! I'm happy for you, but it's obvious that you don't know Bulldog football at all. The 15-0 season that CH experienced last year was do in large part to great coaching. I do agree that they are playing below talent level, but it's not all the coaches fault. The kids gave up last week on the field, and Coach Sitton puts those kids through on of the toughest offseason programs around. He has done a great job of doing things to make these kids mentally tough. At some point it comes down to the players and how bad they want it. Yes the OC is green and has room to grow. Yes, there are several new position coaches, and they are not only still growing, but learning the kids strengths and weaknesses. CH will be okay in the long run, and it is due to the fact that Coach Sitton is a great coach.

You're reading what a couple smoaky posters write and making the assumption that the people in the community treat him poorly. If you would like, I could start a poll to see how many of these smoaky users from CH support Sitton and how many don't. Also, this is a sports forum and opinions are going to be stated. Sometimes positive, sometimes negative. Don't let what one or two say out of their own opinion make you think CH doesn't like him anymore. I think he is great, but I am a fan with an opinion, and this is a sports website where I can voice my opinion. I'm not a coach, and I don't know all the answers, but I enjoy discussing these issues with fellow Bulldog fans, that I know will be in the stands with me on Friday night no matter what. Me, Unclejohn, Tanman, Chillfan, Sportsfan4life, CHBULLDOGALUM00, and several other users get on here every week and talk about the goods and the bads, but I guarantee you that we are all in support of the things that Coach Sitton has brought to this community. None of us have forgotten the past two years, and what he and his coaching staff was able to accomplish. I hope he stays a CH until he retires. Don't judge what you don't know boss.

+1

+1

You're reading what a couple smoaky posters write and making the assumption that the people in the community treat him poorly. If you would like, I could start a poll to see how many of these smoaky users from CH support Sitton and how many don't. Also, this is a sports forum and opinions are going to be stated. Sometimes positive, sometimes negative. Don't let what one or two say out of their own opinion make you think CH doesn't like him anymore. I think he is great, but I am a fan with an opinion, and this is a sports website where I can voice my opinion. I'm not a coach, and I don't know all the answers, but I enjoy discussing these issues with fellow Bulldog fans, that I know will be in the stands with me on Friday night no matter what. Me, Unclejohn, Tanman, Chillfan, Sportsfan4life, CHBULLDOGALUM00, and several other users get on here every week and talk about the goods and the bads, but I guarantee you that we are all in support of the things that Coach Sitton has brought to this community. None of us have forgotten the past two years, and what he and his coaching staff was able to accomplish. I hope he stays a CH until he retires. Don't judge what you don't know boss.

Nice post lilhood