SA's Proposed New Field

SAWolfman

Finally something positive coming out of San Augustine.

The town took a terrible hit image wise in the "Bernie" movie.

They have upgraded and added new additions on the two schools. Looking very good! Believe they did over $9 million worth of work to both of the schools!

Hope ya"ll get it . 2million seems a little low for that project. Voters will change there minds when no one is looking. Garrison couldnt pass one for a new gym a few years back.

Yes 2 million won't build much. Turf will cost nearly 1 million itself.

Hope ya"ll get it . 2million seems a little low for that project. Voters will change there minds when no one is looking. Garrison couldnt pass one for a new gym a few years back.

It may be more than that...just thought I read somewhere 2 million. I know there is also a new band hall and field house being built as well.

Trust me, it is worth every penny to replace that field they have, I felt sorry for their kids that have to play and practice on it, holes all over, its a wonder some kid hasn't had serious injuries.

Not counting the surrounding facilities, I thought that we had one of the best kept and nices grass fields around.

Not counting the surrounding facilities, I thought that we had one of the best kept and nices grass fields around.

Not according to the players I talked to from Garrison, said it was full of holes covered by grass. It is nice kept, but the years of neglect makes it difficult to get back where it needs to be. Elkhart's field is the same way, looks nice from the stands but very treacherous once you get on it. I hope it goes through for the kids and school, pride in your surroundings goes a long way in building a program.

Correct me if I'm wrong. That is the same site as the current stadium, right? If so, that should save a ton of $$$ on dirt work. Plus, if you do what Hemphill did and cut down a pine thicket and then build your field, you end up with low spots a few years down the road. There is really no way to avoid it. Those stump holes will eventually start to sink in. Don't get me wrong, their stadium is pretty cool, they just need to come in and dress the field up again. Good luck to yall with that bond issue. I know a few SAISD voters, and I think they are the type folks that will get behind it.

249494_10151176986744485_642144330_n.jpg

SA released the details on the new stadium/track that will be voted for on the bond election this November. Project says to cost over 2 Million.

Hope you guys get this passed in the election. Will be a great upgrade for the kids and the community.

Great news for SA! The students, faculty, and town deserve this! The citizens have elected, what I believe to be, an excellent school board that is and has been taking a very proactive approach to turning things around in San Augustine! Great job guys!!

Oh, just try and keep TheWolverine off the new field, he tends to ugly things up!

Great news for SA! The students, faculty, and town deserve this! The citizens have elected, what I believe to be, an excellent school board that is and has been taking a very proactive approach to turning things around in San Augustine! Great job guys!!

Oh, just try and keep TheWolverine off the new field, he tends to ugly things up!

Same for you buddy...

Let me know if the bond passes and I'll have it on my database before it is finished :rolleyes:

We'll know in about a month

Let me know if the bond passes and I'll have it on my database before it is finished :rolleyes:

We'll know in about a month