Sub Varsity Scores

PGHawkfan

CAN tell you was no 9th. Jeff JV 35, Troup JV 19.

CAN'T tell you 7th and 8th grade scores....

Is White Oaks JV any good?

Comparatively speaking.........

White Oak's JV competes well, but have lost 2 in a row. Extremely beat up with injuries. They are 3-2.

Oh yeah, for everyone on that Marshall thread talking about all the talent that's still in Marshall....Jeeezz...Good luck.

We all agreed the talent is down from usual, but not as bad as it seems. Three Freshmen and many sophomores are starting on Varsity. Yes you can say every team has some sophomores on Varsity(not like this team). All this means is that the upperclassmen arent as talented and need help from the studs coming up. Also, the top 2 returning seniors arent on the team. So that is talent we had and lost, but it was talent. I hear there are some studs from the 7th and 8th grade teams as well. Wonder what that Freshman score would have been if the 3 guys starting on Varsity were playing. Maybe would have still been a loss if the line is playing as bad as the jv and varsity. Get these guys blocking and we will start to see some different results. Watch film of our offense if you don't beleive me. They showed a few plays on the smoaky topic( Smoke signals with Jax's Chris Tabor?) Notice how quick teams are in the backfield, and this is on just about every play. Ever wonder why we can't score on teams starters? Keep your starters in and just put in your 2nd and 3rd unit D-line and we score. We actually had a very competitive 7 on 7 team this year, including wins against Carthage and Hallsville. You can't do that even in 7 on 7 if you have NO talent. So why can we score almost at will in 7 on 7 against these 2 teams and can't score at all in 11 man? HMM maybe it has something to do with the other 5 guys that were added to the mix??

We all agreed the talent is down from usual, but not as bad as it seems. Three Freshmen and many sophomores are starting on Varsity. Yes you can say every team has some sophomores on Varsity(not like this team).

Can you explain this statement? You can say every team has some sophomores on varsity. So, I will say it, every team has sophomores on varsity. In fact, John Tyler and Whitehouse both have more sophomores on varsity than Marshall. So, that shouldn't be an excuse for why the subvarsity team struggles. Every subvarsity team is cannibalized by the varsity. If you take the best half dozen to dozen underclassmen off the subvarsity team, then you compete with what you have left over. Every team does it, so every team should be in the same boat. If the subvarsity struggles it either means they are being outmanned or they are being outcoached or something. From what I have seen watching the Marshall subvarsity and varsity teams the last few years is that their numbers are down and consequently the talent level is down.

I am not trying to kick Marshall while they're down, I am just pointing out what I have seen. Good luck to the Mavericks.

CAN tell you was no 9th. Jeff JV 35, Troup JV 19.

CAN'T tell you 7th and 8th grade scores....

Is White Oaks JV any good?

Comparatively speaking.........

Cant tell you, i have a grandson in the 7th grade and they play opposite each other. If we home they are away,,,,....!!!!

Can you explain this statement? You can say every team has some sophomores on varsity. So, I will say it, every team has sophomores on varsity. In fact, John Tyler and Whitehouse both have more sophomores on varsity than Marshall. So, that shouldn't be an excuse for why the subvarsity team struggles. Every subvarsity team is cannibalized by the varsity. If you take the best half dozen to dozen underclassmen off the subvarsity team, then you compete with what you have left over. Every team does it, so every team should be in the same boat. If the subvarsity struggles it either means they are being outmanned or they are being outcoached or something. From what I have seen watching the Marshall subvarsity and varsity teams the last few years is that their numbers are down and consequently the talent level is down.

I am not trying to kick Marshall while they're down, I am just pointing out what I have seen. Good luck to the Mavericks.

How many teams have 3 Freshmen not only starting on Varsity, but 2 are the main contributors? I also admitted it had to do with a less talented senior class. You are right about the numbers being down. Once again, the main problem with the Jv and Varsity is the line. I also don't know if they just need better coaching or if its strength training. (probably both) I agree the talent is down, but its not out.

How many teams have 3 Freshmen not only starting on Varsity, but 2 are the main contributors? I also admitted it had to do with a less talented senior class. You are right about the numbers being down. Once again, the main problem with the Jv and Varsity is the line. I also don't know if they just need better coaching or if its strength training. (probably both) I agree the talent is down, but its not out.

Not many teams have reshman starters but it's not unheard of. (Celina and Sulphur Springs last year just to name a couple). Regardless, that has more to do with the performance of the varsity team not the subvarsity. Lots of teams have freshman and sophomores on varsity which means they aren't helping the sub varsity. The fact that they may or may not be contributing or starting on varsity makes no difference to how the subvarsity team performs.