Carthage vs Center

center2007

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very tough challenge for the Riders. They definitely need to be playing at the top of their game. I believe Center hasn't beaten Carthage since '05. Hopefully the Riders can turn the tables come friday night.

Center in a upset

Going into this week's game, the Riders need to be focused on what's going on now. Forget about what's happened in the years past. Now is what counts. If the Riders can get over that mental hump that seems to appear every year around this time, we may see a very interesting game this Friday.

I call Riders over Bulldogs 17-14.

This isn't a non-district game like the last 2 years...........Surratt and company will take this one seriously................Pipken goes for around 150 by halftime, QB has 150 by halftime, and Carthage builds a 5 TD lead by the end of the 3rd

This isn't a non-district game like the last 2 years...........Surratt and company will take this one seriously................Pipken goes for around 150 by halftime, QB has 150 by halftime, and Carthage builds a 5 TD lead by the end of the 3rd

I understand the confidence y'all have playing against Center and you have every right to be. But seriously you almost sound like your drunk by repeating yourself and predicting a 5 td lead by the 3rd qtr. The Roughriders aren't the Riders of old and neither are y'all. This game will be much closer then most will expect.

I understand the confidence y'all have playing against Center and you have every right to be. But seriously you almost sound like your drunk by repeating yourself and predicting a 5 td lead by the 3rd qtr. The Roughriders aren't the Riders of old and neither are y'all. This game will be much closer then most will expect.

You struggled with a 1-5 Atlanta team.........but congrats on the win

You struggled with a 1-5 Atlanta team.........but congrats on the win

If you want to go by records then I guess go ahead. But I don't believe you were there watching the game. Atlanta has their problems, but that dosen't mean their not a good team. Besides if you know anything about sports some teams take some time to find themselves and figure out what kind of team they are. You should know that Carthage always seems to get off to a slow start, but seems to always get it together when it matters. Didn't y'all lose to a 3-7 Nac. team that was struggling like 2 years ago, but y'all end up pulling it together. Numbers and records don't mean everything.

I been pikin the Riders to ride ruffshot over evrybodie all year an its worked well so far so....................33- 12

What???

Are you SERIOUS???

You aren’t really from Deadwood, ARE YOU?

YOU ARE AN IMPOSTER!!!!

If you want to go by records then I guess go ahead. But I don't believe you were there watching the game. Atlanta has their problems, but that dosen't mean their not a good team. Besides if you know anything about sports some teams take some time to find themselves and figure out what kind of team they are. You should know that Carthage always seems to get off to a slow start, but seems to always get it together when it matters. Didn't y'all lose to a 3-7 Nac. team that was struggling like 2 years ago, but y'all end up pulling it together. Numbers and records don't mean everything.

And how many Carthage games have you been to?

2008 loss to Nac 21-19 I think it was. Heard there was a lot of bad calls and the Dawgs played bad too.......

Yes, but the game I was referring to was the 41-20 loss to Nac. 2010

Your right. However, that being said, I found your schedule a tad bit weaker than Carthage's was.

Center 33 Buna 30

Center 42 Pinetree 16

Center 27 Atlanta 14

Center 26 Fairfield 23

Center 43 Tatum 30

Center 48 Corrigan 13

Center 38 Diboll0

Not taking away anything from Center, but Carthage's schedule before district was quiet a bit tougher. Should be close, maybe Carthage by 3 TD. and you scheduled us for homecoming which is alway a motivation for that team. The toughest team Carthage has played was Whitehouse and good size 4 A school and they beat Carthage by 2 points, given by the officials on a very bad call. It's time for ya'll to really play some football now.

I'm not disputing that y'all didn't have a tougher preseason schedule. And no doubt the favorites in this ball game. And I have no clue why we have y'all scheduled for our Homecoming. That was one of the first thing most folks notice around here when the schedules came out last winter/spring. Only thing I can figure they wanted it during a district game and Diboll and Huntington were away games and didn't want to wait for the last game against Jasper. Who knows?