New UT coach

BRAD

Mack Brown is an AD in a HC position. He sells UT football and Texas High School football. DeLoss Dodds is not an approachable figure like Mack. I don't think of it as a reward per say... it has long been rumored that Mack would step into the AD office when he retired from football. Besides it would be a huge paycut. Dodds is in the top ten of AD salaries at $700,000. Mack makes over $5 million.

Yes, I understand. I wasn't speaking of "reward" as necessarily monetary, but more of keeping him around and on the payroll now that his coaching years are clearly behind him instead of running him out of town for making UT a laughing stock over the past two years.

As far as Mack being approachable, he wasn't coming across that way when speaking of stats in the post game conference today.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I understand. I wasn't speaking of "reward" as necessarily monetary, but more of keeping him around and on the payroll now that his coaching years are clearly behind him instead of running him out of town for making UT a laughing stock over the past two years.

As far as Mack being approachable, he wasn't coming across that way when speaking of stats in the post game conference today.

You obviously weren't around before Mack got here. Is it time for him to step down? Probably, but I would love to have him stay with the program in some form.

Mack has done great things for this program and whenever he is done he'll leave it in better shape than when he came in.

It's called common sense. Anyone with it (common sense) knows the other, that Saban is already at the premier program. He wouldn't leave it to go to one that is in free fall.

I'm sorry are you H-town? Are you his protector?

Anyone with "common sense" would know that no program stays the "premier" program forever. College football is cyclical. It wasn't too long ago that Alabama stunk on ice. And why wouldn't the great Messiah Saban want to come resurrect the fallen Longhorn program? You have little common sense if you don't think it's all about money, and Texas has the most. Try harder.

Pull some stats nobody can match Texas in that area.

You really do not know SEC Football and Alabama do you? ut could never outbid Alabama when it come to something like that! Besides, like I said, money is not everything. That is what a lot of you must learn, pride ans honor beats money any day!

But just in case you aree wondering:

Nick Saban is the head coach of the Alabama Crimson Tide. He is the best paid college sports coach in the USA with an $5,997,349 annual salary

Read more: HOW MUCH MONEY DOES NICK SABAN MAKE? 2012 INCOME SALARY Nick Saban is the head coach of the Alabama Crimson Tide. He is the best paid college sports coach in the USA with an $5,997,349

Read more: HOW MUCH MONEY DOES NICK SABAN MAKE? 2012 $5,997,349 annual salary! Highest paid sports coach in America.

UT agreed to extend Brown's contract by 2 years through the 2016 season, boosting his salary from $2.66 million to $2.91

You really do not know SEC Football and Alabama do you? ut could never outbid Alabama when it come to something like that! Besides, lil=ke I said, money is not everything. That is what a lot of you must learn, pride ans honor beats money any day!

Your comment stated that "Alabama could match ut in that area" and you were wrong because no one can match Texas in the area of money.

[quoname=RedCreek49' timestamp='1350191040' post='1795905]

You really do not know SEC Football and Alabama do you? ut could never outbid Alabama when it come to something like that! Besides, lil=ke I said, money is not everything. That is what a lot of you must learn, pride ans honor beats money any day!

You know nothing about what your're talking about. Pride and honor....sec? Lmao

Go copy/paste some more wikipedia for us all to ignore

Your comment stated that "Alabama could match ut in that area" and you were wrong because no one can match Texas in the area of money.

Read more: HOW MUCH MONEY DOES NICK SABAN MAKE? 2012 INCOME SALARY Nick Saban is the head coach of the Alabama Crimson Tide. He is the best paid college sports coach in the USA with an $5,997,349

UT agreed to extend Brown's contract by 2 years through the 2016 season, boosting his salary from $2.66 million to $2.91

You know nothing about what your're talking about. Pride and honor....sec? Lmao

Go copy/paste some more wikipedia for us all to ignore

Go cry a river, I did not paste wiki, but what difference does it make where the facts come from as long as they are facts! You are just a sore loser! How many screen names do you have anyway?

http://businessofcol...tment-revenues/

Like I said no one can match Texas in the area of money.

I never said ut did not bring in more money just that they could never match Alabama when it come to bifdding on their coach! You can see they play Saben twice what texas pays Brown! So, Alabama is more willing to pay the monry and they would spend every last dime they have before they would let texas outbid them. texas would have more sense to pay more than what Alabama is noiw paying and Alabama is so stubborn they would double Sabe's salary to stay. It would before a matter of pride over good sense! Alabama has more pride than good sense!

One another note, Alabama probably brings close to as much Football money than texas but I'm sure texas brings in more money from the other sports. You could see all the money the other SEC programs bring in, Alabama would not want to lose their share!

I never said ut did not bring in more money just that they could never match Alabama when it come to bifdding on their coach! You can see they play Saben twice what texas pays Brown! So, Alabama is more willing to pay the monry and they would spend every last dime they have before they would let texas outbid them. texas would have more sense to pay more than what Alabama is noiw paying and Alabama is so stubborn they would double Sabe's salary to stay. It would before a matter of pride over good sense! Alabama has more pride than good sense!

One another note, Alabama probably brings close to as much Football money than texas but I'm sure texas brings in more money from the other sports. You could see all the money the other SEC programs bring in, Alabama would not want to lose their share!

Who is Sabe? lol

Dude, crack is bad for you.

I hope that Mack stays as long as he wants.

OU and OSU would love for Brown to stay and not change anything, for every year they both recruit about 50 Texas high school kids each, lol. Neither would be half as strong without those players. Where the majority of UT players are from Texas, only not the faster or athletic as the ones OU and OSU get. Plain and simple OU prepared

and Texas didn't. The WR from Longview that played at OU and then the Redskins is back home and has boast how OU took care of him with someone to take test's and financially. But then, some college's do that. Texas obviously don't do as such. There will no undefeated team in the Big 12, but UT showed it's weakness in recruiting and coaching today.

OU and OSU would love for Brown to stay and not change anything, for every year they both recruit about 50 Texas high school kids each, lol. Neither would be half as strong without those players. Where the majority of UT players are from Texas, only not the faster or athletic as the ones OU and OSU get. Plain and simple OU prepared

and Texas didn't. The WR from Longview that played at OU and then the Redskins is back home and has boast how OU took care of him with someone to take test's and financially. But then, some college's do that. Texas obviously don't do as such. There will no undefeated team in the Big 12, but UT showed it's weakness in recruiting and coaching today.

So Malcom Kelly is boasting that ou committed NCAA infractions?? and that his degree (if he got one) is a fraud because he didn't pass those tests?? ou can have those Texas kids all they want.

So Malcom Kelly is boasting that ou committed NCAA infractions?? and that his degree (if he got one) is a fraud because he didn't pass those tests?? ou can have those Texas kids all they want.

Not to say anything "bad" but I've never ever heard of anybody from UT getting "special" help but have talked to people that told me Jeremy Calhoun and Metyeor(sp) couldn't spell there name much less don't even know how they got accepted into OU.

I've made fun of VY BUY that's because his wonderlic tests an not his school grades which I have no idea what they were?

Just my 2 cents in wht I've "heard" and by no mean am I the be all end all on who gets free grades etc etc rtc in college.

Not to say anything "bad" but I've never ever heard of anybody from UT getting "special" help but have talked to people that told me Jeremy Calhoun and Metyeor(sp) couldn't spell there name much less don't even know how they got accepted into OU.

I've made fun of VY BUY that's because his wonderlic tests an not his school grades which I have no idea what they were?

Just my 2 cents in wht I've "heard" and by no mean am I the be all end all on who gets free grades etc etc rtc in college.

You are correct. VY's grades at Houston Madison were good. Don't know what happened on his Wonderlic...maybe he didn't give a @#$

Mack Brown and Texas straight up passed on Calhoun because of academic reasons. He is a good kid from all reports.

And you know this how? Are you his agent now?

Not that I want him at Texas anyway

Common sense. You should try it sometime.

He complained last week about how spread offenses/ hurry up tempo are ruining football. You think he wants to come play in the fastest paced conference? Plus, he has built a juggernaut at Alabama.

I seriously doubt that. I know Malcolm personally or did and he never seemed like that kind of kid. I know people think players aren't still being bought but it still happens, Everywhere.

Peterson, Belloti, Smart and yes Applewhite.

As much as I like Applewhite, I don't want the college version of Jason Garrett heading up the Longhorns.

And for all you guys that don't think Saban would leave Alabama, look at his past. He said he wouldn't leave LSU or Miami. I personally don't see it happening, but every year coaches say they aren't leaving only to do the opposite.