Henderson Gilmer updates

McLovin

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will remove it. My apologies.

======

I would appreciate it, and I've also deleted this "quote." Now, enjoy the win, but calm down a little bit.

I love your passion and that of any HS football fan, but let's be real, it's a game, not life, not curing Cancer, just a game.

Thank you.

David Smoak

Well i did, catch the last qtr, snuck in and sat on the homeside, down by the south end zone, by some Kilgore folks, Henderson you got sloppy, can't move before the ball is snapped, can't cover up the tight end , with more than reciever, and your lucky they missed the flagrant holding calls, face it you got owned in the first half, and like i said Gilmer's gonna do enough to win! Adrenaline I did make it! was there something i was suppose to see...other than Henderson getting handled by Gilmer!

Lol..no. I was trying to find out what the score was but couldn't find it. So had to ask.

(My respects to these two great teams.)

In no way or form did try to "THROW GASOLINE IN HENDERSONS FIRE"

:)

Don't worry the Longview Morning News, will do a great job of that in the morning!

About the refs. Several calls went against Henderson tonight. .But in my opinion,,, and the opinion of the Kilgore coaches obviously,, they were warranted. I truly admire henderson's kids for hanging around,, and making it close, and never quitting. But then again,, Gilmer never quit either. We just quit doing what we had been doing that was working. We never should have let Henderson make it close. We had been running and getting big chunks of turf while doing so, and had a big lead,,, then we come out in the 2nd half,, throw the ball,, and put ourselves behind the 8 ball on first down. Apparently we are just "determined" to pass the ball, even when the run is working so well. I have just always felt, that when something is working,, you don't quit it,, until the other team stops you. Then Henderson got a 2nd wind,, and played very hard the 2nd half. It was a great game.

I know you Henderson fans feel cheated,,, But like someone else posted,, when #3 made that long run on fourth down,, we had him zeroed in in the backfield,, but was held big time,, and "that" penalty was not called,, he runs for almost 20 yards and picks up the First down,, and kept ya'll moving,, and you scored. If that play had been called right,, it would have been fourth and 25,, and who knows if ya'll would have picked that up. Penalties, happen,,,, and sometimes they don't when they should. It was a great game again,, and I feel the Buckeyes were fortunate to hang on and win. Then again, Henderson was lucky they had the chance to make it that close. It was a game controlled by the wind,,, and field position. And there were a whole bunch of kids who played their hearts out for 48 minutes on both sides of the ball, and on both teams. It would have been a total shame for "either" of these teams to lose. Fortunately for us,, we won. Unfortunately for you guys,, you lost. But none of us need to take anything away from these kids by saying the refs caused us to lose. I hope Henderson does very well the rest of the way,, and hope ya'll make the playoffs. You have the kind of team, that should be in there for sure.

The Brown kid is a studd. Without him,,,,,,, you guys would be a different team though. Thank your lucky stars he wears a red, white, and blue uni. He's a good one. And IMHO,,, ya'll should run out of the Wildcat the whole game. He's a difference maker.

Congrats Buckeyes,,, you fought hard enough to win. We're movin' on. Great game,, but we simply can't have any let ups in two weeks. We control our destiny now. So keep it rolling.

About the refs. Several calls went against Henderson tonight. .But in my opinion,,, and the opinion of the Kilgore coaches obviously,, they were warranted. I truly admire henderson's kids for hanging around,, and making it close, and never quitting. But then again,, Gilmer never quit either. We just quit doing what we had been doing that was working. We never should have let Henderson make it close. We had been running and getting big chunks of turf while doing so, and had a big lead,,, then we come out in the 2nd half,, throw the ball,, and put ourselves behind the 8 ball on first down. Apparently we are just "determined" to pass the ball, even when the run is working so well. I have just always felt, that when something is working,, you don't quit it,, until the other team stops you. Then Henderson got a 2nd wind,, and played very hard the 2nd half. It was a great game.

I know you Henderson fans feel cheated,,, But like someone else posted,, when #3 made that long run on fourth down,, we had him zeroed in in the backfield,, but was held big time,, and "that" penalty was not called,, he runs for almost 20 yards and picks up the First down,, and kept ya'll moving,, and you scored. If that play had been called right,, it would have been fourth and 25,, and who knows if ya'll would have picked that up. Penalties, happen,,,, and sometimes they don't when they should. It was a great game again,, and I feel the Buckeyes were fortunate to hang on and win. Then again, Henderson was lucky they had the chance to make it that close. It was a game controlled by the wind,,, and field position. And there were a whole bunch of kids who played their hearts out for 48 minutes on both sides of the ball, and on both teams. It would have been a total shame for "either" of these teams to lose. Fortunately for us,, we won. Unfortunately for you guys,, you lost. But none of us need to take anything away from these kids by saying the refs caused us to lose. I hope Henderson does very well the rest of the way,, and hope ya'll make the playoffs. You have the kind of team, that should be in there for sure.

The Brown kid is a studd. Without him,,,,,,, you guys would be a different team though. Thank your lucky stars he wears a red, white, and blue uni. He's a good one. And IMHO,,, ya'll should run out of the Wildcat the whole game. He's a difference maker.

Congrats Buckeyes,,, you fought hard enough to win. We're movin' on. Great game,, but we simply can't have any let ups in two weeks. We control our destiny now. So keep it rolling.

yep!

Hey guys settle down from what I hear it's under appeal by the UIL .....Henderson has nothing to do with the appeal there was two UIL officials in the press box...That being said we all know how the UIL works just ask Dallas Skyline...From what I hear it's nothing against Gilmer so settle down guys please...Let's all be calm it will all work out in the wash...

Hey guys settle down from what I hear it's under appeal by the UIL .....Henderson has nothing to do with the appeal there was two UIL officials in the press box...That being said we all know how the UIL works just ask Dallas Skyline...From what I hear it's nothing against Gilmer so settle down guys please...Let's all be calm it will all work out in the wash...

Stupid if it is. Game is over. UIL shouldn't change it. Human error is apart of the game.

Just out of curiosity, I wonder if this is the same crew that worked last weeks game??? I will rarely ever blame refs for a loss!!! But I watched that game last week and it was straight up embarrassing!!!!!! Its not right at all!!!! When 1 team gets 1 penalty, ( 5 yarder )and the other 12 + (90 + yards ) something aint right! Not that it totally caused the loss for CH last week, but it was terrible and should have been reviewed and brought to the UIL's attention! Sure yall Gilmer fans can say what you want, but if you were on the other side of it, yall would be disgusted!!!! Trust me, I have seen yall cry and complain just like the last two teams yall played!!!

Doesn't really matter. If henderson plays like they did second half they will be fine. Henderson/Bullard game will be a big one.

Doesn't really matter. If henderson plays like they did second half they will be fine. Henderson/Bullard game will be a big one.

Exactly Adrenaline, Henderson lets move on and worry about SH and Bullard. The Bullard game is the MUST-WIN. The only thing that would come out of a look at the refs is a letter of apology for the mess up. Similar to OK State got for the botched call when Bergeron fumbled before scoring the go-ahead when UT beat them a few weeks back. Yea it's nice when mistakes are noted and apologized for but doesn't change the outcome.

And we also know a student can not transfer for athletic reasons.

Just out of curiosity, I wonder if this is the same crew that worked last weeks game??? I will rarely ever blame refs for a loss!!! But I watched that game last week and it was straight up embarrassing!!!!!! Its not right at all!!!! When 1 team gets 1 penalty, ( 5 yarder )and the other 12 + (90 + yards ) something aint right! Not that it totally caused the loss for CH last week, but it was terrible and should have been reviewed and brought to the UIL's attention! Sure yall Gilmer fans can say what you want, but if you were on the other side of it, yall would be disgusted!!!! Trust me, I have seen yall cry and complain just like the last two teams yall played!!!

You know,,, if you guys feel it was being called onesided,, I can be ok with that. I've felt some games certainly went against us on the calls. But what I hate hearing, because it is absolutely untrue, and unsubstantiated,, is that Gilmer get's preferrential treatment from the refs. Like I said earlier,,, in five of our games this season alone,,, I know we have amassed close to 500 yards in penalties. We were getting killed by penalties earlier in the year. Mostly killing ourselves,, because the ones we got called for,,, I felt were warranted about 9 out of 10 times. But in four of those games,, we still won. So a heavy load of penalties, doesn't always mount up to a loss. And Buzzfrog,,, I believe one game this year was almost thate lopsided in penalties, that went against Gilmer. So we've been there too. My point is, that by and large, these guys have done enough officiating, that they do see the foul, and call it correctly most of the time. I will admit, that unless it's a pre-snap foul,, I don't always see it,,, I'm usually watching the QB/WR/back with the ball. And I'm doing so from approximately 40 to 50 yards. We all see calls from time to time that were "NOT" called. But I honestly do believe,, as frustrating as it can be when the calls seem to be going against you by a big margine,, that the refs, are doing the best they can. If they stopped and discussed all this stuff, every time the fans booed,,, the games would be 4 hours long. And the law of averages will no doubt suggest,, that over a period of several games,,, it all evens out anyway. When a whole fanbase starts booing,,, I'm sure the refs, think, "Oh great,, what did we miss?" But what can they do about it, if they "don't" see it? It's a part of the game,, done by men who volunteer their time and efforts to make these games as close to correct as they can,, and the fact remains that if Gilmer, or Henderson, or any team, wouldn't commit the fouls that are called, that "are" correct,, then the ones they "don't get right" wouldn't seem so big a deal. If you had seen every one of Gilmers games this year, I assure you, that you wouln't think we get the calls our way most of the time,,, in fact, you would see it just the opposite many times..

Anyway,,, I know losses hurt,, but this subject has been beaten to a pulp. So maybe we should just all move on, and try and win out. I think that is the goal of all these coaches, and kids. continuing to pound on the officials, isn't going to change a thing. And I know this,,, because it's been a part of Buckeye football to have to deal with for years and years, just like it is every other team.

OldBuckeye#62,,, I see you are online. That was a great TDH you whipped out on those Henderson Kids for the first quarter. But from there on out, it kinda pooped out,,next time throw in a little frog slime,,, I hear it has great staying power. Last nights brew was crazy good right off the bat,,, but after about 15 to 20 minutes,, it's strength just kinda slid down to about 50% power,, and stayed there the rest of the game. If you need some frog slime,, I know where I can get you probably a good quart of it. Let me know. LOL You got two weeks now to work something up that will knock all the snot out of the Spring Hill kids,,,, if you need any help,, lemme know. LOL

Outside people cannot appeal any thing, much less judgement calls.

O Boy.

I knew this was gonna be a big crow game no matter what. You can't have all the confidence / cockiness displayed by posters from both fan bases on this post before the game and not need to serve some crow after the game. But this was a doozy.

First, let me say something about the refs.

When a play is snapped and the refs throw a flag, they do not realize they are calling back a touchdown. They have thrown the flag before the touchdown occurs, so it's not like they are intentionally calling back a TD. If that flag is thrown at midfield on a 3rd and 10 when a 8 yard reception is made, no one is screaming bloody murder.

Actually, Henderson could have had many other penalties called in the game. When monster was the QB and they but the back (25) in motion, he would always move toward the line of scrimmage, and it was never called. When Monster converted the 4th down on the final drive, the Tackle #74 was uncovered, and that wasn't called. I know Henderson fans feel like the refs cost them the game, but that's only because the calls came when they did. It doesn't make them bad calls. I think others have made this point more clearly than I have, so I'll let it go.

Now for Observations about the game.

1) Gilmer took advantage of the wind in the 1st quarter and jumped up 21-3. Henderson never could fully recover from that.

2) Gilmer didn't adjust to the change Henderson made when they moved Monster Brown to QB. They made an adjustment for about 3 series, but when Brown was able to hit some passes, that caught Gilmer off Guard.

3) Gilmer's defense played really great, but they gave up some bad 4th down conversions.

4) The first play of the 3rd quarter, Gilmer has a receiver wide open on a deep route, and he's overthrown. That's been the story of Gilmer's passing game this year.

5) The wind was huge in this game. Neither team could punt into the wind, and it totally swung the field position the hole game.

6) Monster Brown was the best player on the field. He almost won the game for Henderson.

7) I really think Gilmer has the better team this year than Henderson. Henderson has a player in Brown that is a game changer, but Gilmer has a better team.

Gilmer won this game in spite of playing the entire 4th quarter without their starting running back. Gilmer won this game in spite of Henderson's furious rally. Gilmer won, and they now sit at 3-0 in district and have got to feel much better about making the playoffs.

All week I've been saying Gilmer would find a way to win, and they did again. It was a great game, but in the end, you have to hand it to the Buckeyes.

I have to disagree with Gilmer being the better team......When the coaches FINALLY made the Q.B. change I thought Henderson was the much better team....Just waited to long to make the change IMO...

The 2 Tds that were called back in a row at the end were good calls. Number 8 was lined up wrong. As for the 2 pt conversion, that was a bad call. The Gilmer coaches even said it was a bad call. The call was illegal formation. That's why Meeks was so mad. Gilmer coaches even said it wasn't illegal and should have been going to overtime. With that being said, it dosnt matter. We should have played 4 qtrs of football. No Gilmer did not have an answer for No 3 and still didn't at the end. Henderson just didn't figure this out till late in the game while we were catching up. On a good note we found a new QB cause he is so dangerous cause u don't know what he is going to do. Gilmer didn't make the big plays at the end to win, they just played a good enough 1st half that made it hard for us to catch up in the end. Good game Gilmer u got the W. Henderson still had a good chance for playoffs and Henderson has a chance to see Gilmer again. Good luck Gilmer the rest of the season.