Henderson Gilmer updates

McLovin

Difference, this is a game. Not real life. UIL will stand by their refs, just as the NFL did with their replacement refs after that awful mistake, or any other league does after a bad call.

I understand what your saying but it"s also a job......I know there are certain things that coaches can do as write a person or crew up......More or less putting up the red flag to the UIL about a certain chapter....But anyways we will move on no matter what happens.....

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basic fundamental football. . It appears that Henderson drew plays in the sand and told Monster to go win it. And he almost did. But you have to know where to line up. You have to hit the open receiver and then they have to catch it. I am not sure what Dickie is doing with the punt team. And that offense... I am not sure where that came from. However, even with all that, you almost beat Gilmer. And if that fumble by the QB had not been called an incomplete pass, you might have put them away.

Henderson, you can not play like that against Bullard. They will knock you out of the playoffs.

Gilmer, you can run the ball decently but there is no passing game. Neither of you will stay with Kilgore if that was your best.

Good luck to you!

The fumbled pitch which was called a pass, was a killer. Then at the end it was evident the refs were going to take over. the long pass and run at the end was a TD and put down at the one-not a ref in 10 yards of the players in position to make that call.Then 2 straight td's called back for 6 men on los- usually the wing ref tells the outside receiver to move up or back on line and for it to happen two times in a row...come on. then the 2 pt. converion pass completion called back right after. illegal procedure was called and everyone was still before snap..Gilmer outplayed Henderson badly in the first half but the Lions made a comeback only to have it go that way....smells like a "rat" somewhere. Great comeback Lions and its a shame the calls took the game away from you or at least give you an overtime chance to pull out the win. I feel sorry for the coaches and players.

The fumbled pitch which was called a pass, was a killer. Then at the end it was evident the refs were going to take over. the long pass and run at the end was a TD and put down at the one-not a ref in 10 yards of the players in position to make that call.Then 2 straight td's called back for 6 men on los- usually the wing ref tells the outside receiver to move up or back on line and for it to happen two times in a row...come on. then the 2 pt. converion pass completion called back right after. illegal procedure was called and everyone was still before snap..Gilmer outplayed Henderson badly in the first half but the Lions made a comeback only to have it go that way....smells like a "rat" somewhere. Great comeback Lions and its a shame the calls took the game away from you or at least give you an overtime chance to pull out the win. I feel sorry for the coaches and players.

The Henderson receivers were not getting lined up. Typically, they get their mark from the side judges. From what I saw, they did not do that. Regardless, you still have to catch the 3rd and 4th down pass on the goal line. I am still a bit befuddled at why HHS did not kick the fg on 4th. I guess you could make the case either way but it was the difference. That's on Dickie!

The fumbled pitch which was called a pass, was a killer.

That wasn't a fumbled pitch, that was a shovel pass which a lot of pass oriented teams use. You can clearly see Barr "shoveling" the pass towards a receiver which is why it wasn't called a fumbled pitch. I mean, when was the last time you saw a quarterback actually "pitch" the ball forward across the line of scrimmage?

Then at the end it was evident the refs were going to take over. the long pass and run at the end was a TD and put down at the one

Well, the game is on youtube, and the play in question is right there for all to see. Check it out, you'll see that the call was correct.

-not a ref in 10 yards of the players in position to make that call.Then 2 straight td's called back for 6 men on los

It is the receiver's responsibility to check with the line judge to make sure he's line up correctly. Please, don't make this into a deal where the refs "handed" the game to Gilmer.

- usually the wing ref tells the outside receiver to move up or back on line and for it to happen two times in a row...come on. then the 2 pt. converion pass completion called back right after. illegal procedure was called and everyone was still before snap..Gilmer outplayed Henderson badly in the first half but the Lions made a comeback only to have it go that way....smells like a "rat" somewhere. Great comeback Lions and its a shame the calls took the game away from you or at least give you an overtime chance to pull out the win. I feel sorry for the coaches and players.

Yes, a great game and a great almost comeback. Please, don't cheapen it.

I promise you one thing, had it been Gilmer being penalized and ball taken away(TD actually-3 tines) you would be crying also. Henderson played dumb ok but Gilmer was very lucky to get all 3 calls that changed the outcome of the game. I have been watching football for many years and it took the cake watching the last part of that game.

It made me sick and it would have you too.

Basic fundamental football. . It appears that Henderson drew plays in the sand and told Monster to go win it. And he almost did. But you have to know where to line up. You have to hit the open receiver and then they have to catch it. I am not sure what Dickie is doing with the punt team. And that offense... I am not sure where that came from. However, even with all that, you almost beat Gilmer. And if that fumble by the QB had not been called an incomplete pass, you might have put them away.

Henderson, you can not play like that against Bullard. They will knock you out of the playoffs.

Gilmer, you can run the ball decently but there is no passing game. Neither of you will stay with Kilgore if that was your best.

Good luck to you!

The punter failed so were deciding who is backup. And if you say that about henderson what's your opinion on Gilmer?? Henderson was a dropped pass away from winning that game.

I promise you one thing, had it been Gilmer being penalized and ball taken away(TD actually-3 tines) you would be crying also. Henderson played dumb ok but Gilmer was very lucky to get all 3 calls that changed the outcome of the game. I have been watching football for many years and it took the cake watching the last part of that game.

I promise you one thing, had it been Gilmer being penalized and ball taken away(TD actually-3 tines) you would be crying also.

No, you would be wrong. Gilmer was penalized and made multiple mistakes in the Prestonwood game, but you didn't see any of us harping over it. Our offense wasn't clicking and we paid for it. We missed assignments, we were penalized constantly, and it's right there on youtube, for us all to see. We stopped making penalties, and we didn't blame anyone else for our mistakes. Maybe you should follow suit.

Henderson played dumb ok but Gilmer was very lucky to get all 3 calls that changed the outcome of the game.

You're right, Henderson played dumb...which was the obvious reason that three scores were called back. But let me ask you, whose fault was it when the Henderson receiver dropped the pass in the endzone? was that the refs fault as well? The fact that the scores were called back on stupid penalties is Henderson's fault. After the first time, SOMEONE on that team should have made sure that it didn't happen again. I guess it's the Gilmer defenders fault for not telling the Henderson receiver to line up correctly. Sheesh, there's a reason why a certain amount of people are supposed to be on the line of scrimmage.

I have been watching football for many years and it took the cake watching the last part of that game.

Good. That means you know the rules. So, we are having this discussion for what reason again?

Yes, the way Henderson played in having those three scores called back should have made you sick. Hopefully, if made them sick as well and won't be repeating the same mistakes. Gilmer has lost only one game all season long and is undefeated in district play. I know that you would love for Gilmer to go back to the days pre-dating Jeff Traylor when they were hit or miss and NOT the dominant program that they are today...but, those days are over. If you're sick of the way the game ended, then get upset with Henderson and stop blaming Gilmer, the refs, the Mayan calendar, space aliens, and martian moon rocks.

There. I feel better already.

Good luck to you!

I'm sorry. Can you repeat that? your pants muffled what you were saying.

What has Kilgore done in district so far? They finally pulled away from an under-manned Bullard team. Had Bullard been able to field more players, Kilgore would have been in serious trouble. Trust me, if THAT was Kilgore's best, don't bother showing up against Gilmer because you'll face the same demise Henderson did.

Now then, Gilmer will be alright on offense. The mere fact that Traylor kept trying to throw the ball gives me faith in Gilmer. Instead of simply cutting the running game loose like he did against Chapel Hill, Traylor kept Gilmer from being one deminsional. But don't take my word for it, you'll get to see it soon enough.

I really shouldn't but...

If the refs were so in Gilmer's pocket, why didn't they call the penalty on 4th down when Brown scrambled for a first down? There was clearly a tackle uncovered on the end of the line of scrimmage. In other words, Henderson was in an illegal formation. The refs missed it completely. So they were in "ensuring" Gilmer could win, I guess.

I mean really. If you want to accuse the referee's of being bad, that's your opinion. If you want to accuse them of fixing a game? Come on.

Its obvious, there are no moderators, on Smoaky anymore, all this whineing, makes me sick, Gilmer beat u Henderson, again, nothing is going to change it, hopefully ya'll 2 get to meet again, but something tells me the outcome, will be the same...For you Kilgore smackers, Gilmer will win, ive seen you both, Gilmer finds away to win, the only team, that has a shot a Gilmer will be Bullard, Gilmer cant pass cover...! Just fyi, if Gilmer would of stayed with the run, none of this whining would have been necessary!

I'm sorry. Can you repeat that? your pants muffled what you were saying.

What has Kilgore done in district so far? They finally pulled away from an under-manned Bullard team. Had Bullard been able to field more players, Kilgore would have been in serious trouble. Trust me, if THAT was Kilgore's best, don't bother showing up against Gilmer because you'll face the same demise Henderson did.

Now then, Gilmer will be alright on offense. The mere fact that Traylor kept trying to throw the ball gives me faith in Gilmer. Instead of simply cutting the running game loose like he did against Chapel Hill, Traylor kept Gilmer from being one deminsional. But don't take my word for it, you'll get to see it soon enough.

You can not blame the Henderson folks, anybody would say and feel the same way after that game. Now as far as Gilmer beating Kilgore, My grandy daddy always told me, be sure you whip the man before you go around telling people you can wip him. I believe Kilgore wins this district with not much problem. Gilmer second and Henderson third.

Gilmer needed "help" to beat JAX, GW, CH, and HHS and you're going to point a finger at Kilgore for "finally pulling away" from Bullard?

Lol, see you in tater town.

LOL, Gilmer needed help? seriously, is THAT what you're going with? okie dokie. Whatever you need to tell yourself to get through the day.

You can not blame the Henderson folks, anybody would say and feel the same way after that game. Now as far as Gilmer beating Kilgore, My grandy daddy always told me, be sure you whip the man before you go around telling people you can wip him. I believe Kilgore wins this district with not much problem. Gilmer second and Henderson third.

Your grandy daddy was a wise man. Yes, you must make sure you can whip the man before telling everyone that you can...but, let me ask you. Who is the defending district champions of 16-3A?

That's right, it is the Gilmer Buckeyes who are the defending 16-3A champions. Now then, what district is Kilgore in? that's right, they're in 16-3A

So with that being said, I believe Gilmer wins this district. Second and third is going to be between Kilgore, Henderson, and Bullard...not neccessarily in that order.

Good luck to you!

If the same Kilgore team that played Gladewater last night shows up in Gilmer, we will sic the JV on 'em & it will be ugly.

Sorry to bust your bubble...Kilgore looked pitiful against Gladewater...they play that way against the Buckeyes & it will get as ugly as the last time we met.