Henderson Gilmer updates

McLovin

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the two point conversion yes but the two tds called back were shift if I heard him right.

The penalties on the Two touchdowns in a row that were called back on Henderson was Illegal Procedure. There were 5 guys lined up in the backfield. Its not a hard call to make, if you dont count atleast 7 guys on the line of scrimmage then its a flag. Its that simple. Sorry its 7 weeks into the season and you still cant line up right.

The reason Henderson lost is simple. You can make all the excuses you want about the refs, but Henderson didnt make the plays that counted at the end to win and Gilmer did. Like dropping a wide open pass in the endzone.

The last three years Henderson has had better athlete's than Gilmer in my opinion, but all three years they have got out coached by Traylor and the Buckeyes.

Sad part is I counted 26 seniors on Hendersons team and only 12 for the buckeyes, so next year is not getting any easier for Henderson.

At the end of the day Henderson can cry all the want about the refs, but if they would have made the plays that counted it would not matter. Gilmer WINS!!!! Henderson LOOSES!!!! THE END!!!!

Henderson is just a bunch of sissy crying a s( s! Carthage wannabes . Lol funny stuff!

baconandeggs,

I don't care who won the game and I understand you're jacked-up and emotional, but one more pop off trying to circumvent the system with a s s and you're gone, and that's if one of my mods or admins hasn't already pulled the trigger.

I'm giving you until 12:00pm on Sunday to respond or you'll be out a while.

I hope you'll respond.

Thank you.

David Smoak

Did a replay show the pass interference?

To the Henderson players what a game You played your hearts out and I am sure you will be in the playoffs. wow yall did a good job hold your heads up and I hope you go far. to the classless posters shame on you! we are talking high school football and high school ref's, if you think you can do better then shut up and go out there and become a ref. what kind of example are you setting for your kids that played a great game. boo hoo hoo. pat them on the back and get ready for next week and quit bashing the refs and coaches because you think you could have done better. Act like adults and show the kids you are, these kind of posts make me sick. Gilmer doesnt own the refs or pay them to make calls geez wake up and smell the coffee its high school games not pro's.

How did you see a replay?

Listen folks Gilmer won the game, and all the whining about bad calls aint gonna change it....If Gilmer would play to their potential and play 4 qtrs of football, this game would not have been close...I quess we gotta get used to it Gilmer is just gonna win ugly! Whine all u want to, all you Henderson...Smackers, and some of the CH leftover smacker squad..Studd, Jugline,Buzzfrog,, Gilmer gonna get manhandled by Henderson...yea right...man up and eat your crow!

And as for people talking about the refs. The last pass play Henderson had that set them up for there final Touchdown, yalls lineman got beat by Gilmers guy, and he probably stretched his jersey 5 feat holding him from getting to yalls QB. So yall should be happy the refs were subpar, because if it wasnt for that hold Yalls QB would have got blasted and the game would have been over then.

Fact is the refs miss calls every week. Its part of the game. There were plenty of calls on both sides that were missed tonight, but the team that played through it and made the plays to win won, and that was Gilmer. Henderson has a great team and on paper probably should have won, but how many teams that Gilmer has played over the past few years can you say that about? Theres a few, but thats why we play the game, and thats why Gilmer has won CONSISTENTLY over the past 12 years or so.

By the way Hendersons #44 is a beast. Putting pressure on Tanner all night. Great ball player.

O Boy.

I knew this was gonna be a big crow game no matter what. You can't have all the confidence / cockiness displayed by posters from both fan bases on this post before the game and not need to serve some crow after the game. But this was a doozy.

First, let me say something about the refs.

When a play is snapped and the refs throw a flag, they do not realize they are calling back a touchdown. They have thrown the flag before the touchdown occurs, so it's not like they are intentionally calling back a TD. If that flag is thrown at midfield on a 3rd and 10 when a 8 yard reception is made, no one is screaming bloody murder.

Actually, Henderson could have had many other penalties called in the game. When monster was the QB and they but the back (25) in motion, he would always move toward the line of scrimmage, and it was never called. When Monster converted the 4th down on the final drive, the Tackle #74 was uncovered, and that wasn't called. I know Henderson fans feel like the refs cost them the game, but that's only because the calls came when they did. It doesn't make them bad calls. I think others have made this point more clearly than I have, so I'll let it go.

Now for Observations about the game.

1) Gilmer took advantage of the wind in the 1st quarter and jumped up 21-3. Henderson never could fully recover from that.

2) Gilmer didn't adjust to the change Henderson made when they moved Monster Brown to QB. They made an adjustment for about 3 series, but when Brown was able to hit some passes, that caught Gilmer off Guard.

3) Gilmer's defense played really great, but they gave up some bad 4th down conversions.

4) The first play of the 3rd quarter, Gilmer has a receiver wide open on a deep route, and he's overthrown. That's been the story of Gilmer's passing game this year.

5) The wind was huge in this game. Neither team could punt into the wind, and it totally swung the field position the hole game.

6) Monster Brown was the best player on the field. He almost won the game for Henderson.

7) I really think Gilmer has the better team this year than Henderson. Henderson has a player in Brown that is a game changer, but Gilmer has a better team.

Gilmer won this game in spite of playing the entire 4th quarter without their starting running back. Gilmer won this game in spite of Henderson's furious rally. Gilmer won, and they now sit at 3-0 in district and have got to feel much better about making the playoffs.

All week I've been saying Gilmer would find a way to win, and they did again. It was a great game, but in the end, you have to hand it to the Buckeyes.

Gilmer is always favored with the refs......yall should know that!

That is an amusing statement right there,,, the first five games this year,, we were averaging about 100 yards per game in penalties. Gilmer is seldom if "EVER" favored,,, by the refs. Not many of them like Jeff. LOL He stays after them too much. So we get donkey slapped with penalties more than the other team most of the time. And that is a fact.

All in all, if we wouldn't have dropped that pass these dumb idiots in white and black wouldn't have screwed us over. This could have been a 20 point win. Congrats Gilmer on your win those revs sure do love you

I DIDN'T SEE ANYONE "SHIFT" SO NOT SURE HOW THERE IS AN ILLEGAL SHIFT

Oh... Well if you didn't see it...

Whoa! A lot of hostility in this thread. It was a close game and its expected to get heated but everyone relax!

Henderson had many opportunities to win this game and few short to their own mistakes. It's the responsibility of a team to win THEIR game and not leave it to chance. Don't blame refs don't blame Gilmer. Simply, mistakes cost Henderson the game. We all knew that Henderson would have to play a solid game to win. If you don't Gilmer finds a way to win. It happens to a lot of teams.

So Henderson fans, RELAX! Focus on the rest of the season. A win over Bullard in 2 weeks just about locks up the 3rd playoff spot. Lets take care of business and win the games we are supposed to win.

Oh & Congrats Buckeyes. You're a good team.

baconandeggs,

I don't care who won the game and I understand you're jacked-up and emotional, but one more pop off trying to circumvent the system with a s s and you're gone, and that's if one of my mods or admins hasn't already pulled the trigger.

I'm giving you until 12:00pm on Sunday to respond or you'll be out a while.

I hope you'll respond.

Thank you.

David Smoak

I will remove it. My apologies.