Johnny Manziel

h-town12

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You pretty much do not know football or never really seen him play if you don't think he is any good. He has played 7 games really. One year of high school and the fact he only played 4 complete games of that. Passing 7,000 yrds and 70 td. College look up the sec passing marks.

Incoherent ramble, classic Lion70! He looked great against La Tech's defense!

This was also the first game that Little Johnny didn't account for a TD, rushing or passing, this season.

He also had more yards by himself than LSU allows on average per game.

I just saw stats for qb's thru this past weekend. I find it funny that Garrett Gilbert is ranked above Johnny Manziel in passing. LOL and Garrett is a terrible qb!

Manziel is good, I acknowlege that, but he is not THAT good.

Please show me where this stat is located. Manziel is 20th in passing yards and 31st in rushing yards. He was also just named with 15 others as semi finalists for the Davey O'Brian award. The only other freshman on the list was Mariota from Oregon.

You people are dogging the stats he puts up against weaker defenses, but I don't see QBs from other teams putting up his numbers against the same competition. No QB has played good against Florida or LSU this year. He has been the best QB LSU has seen so far this year, as well as Florida.

Please show me where this stat is located. Manziel is 20th in passing yards and 31st in rushing yards. He was also just named with 15 others as semi finalists for the Davey O'Brian award. The only other freshman on the list was Mariota from Oregon.

You people are dogging the stats he puts up against weaker defenses, but I don't see QBs from other teams putting up his numbers against the same competition. No QB has played good against Florida or LSU this year. He has been the best QB LSU has seen so far this year, as well as Florida.

I never said that he was not a good football player. My comment that anointing him "Johnny Football" is a bit premature and arrogant. Given time maybe it will be earned.

No QB has played good against Florida or LSU this year. He has been the best QB LSU has seen so far this year, as well as Florida.

I don't know about that. The QB from Towson threw a TD without any INTs, and he had 60 more rushing yards than Johnny Football. But it's really not fair comparing the two because Towson is loaded with talent. And without even looking it up I know the QB from Vandy had a better game against Florida than JF. Now I know that was Johnny Football's first college start at QB, but LionKing says he has all those great high school stats.

I don't know about that. The QB from Towson threw a TD without any INTs, and he had 60 more rushing yards than Johnny Football. But it's really not fair comparing the two because Towson is loaded with talent. And without even looking it up I know the QB from Vandy had a better game against Florida than JF. Now I know that was Johnny Football's first college start at QB, but LionKing says he has all those great high school stats.

Shoulda looked it up. Manziel had more total yards against the Gators and they both scored one TD. You know what happens when you ASSume.

Manziel had 300 total yards of offense against LSU who gives up about 290 total yards per game. One of his turnovers hit is WR in the chest. The other two were squarely on him though.

Once again, as a red-shirt freshman he is the most talented QB in the state and is having the best year apart from teach me how to Doege out in west Texas.

1350956856[/url]' post='1799425']

Shoulda looked it up. Manziel had more total yards against the Gators and they both scored one TD. You know what happens when you ASSume.

Manziel had 300 total yards of offense against LSU who gives up about 290 total yards per game. One of his turnovers hit is WR in the chest. The other two were squarely on him though.

Once again, as a red-shirt freshman he is the most talented QB in the state and is having the best year apart from teach me how to Doege out in west Texas.

Nick Florence is having a better statistical year. Johnny Football does lead him in arrests though.

Please show me where this stat is located. Manziel is 20th in passing yards and 31st in rushing yards. He was also just named with 15 others as semi finalists for the Davey O'Brian award. The only other freshman on the list was Mariota

I do think Manziel is doing a great job. I can't even imagine where the Aggies would be without him. He ranks 3rd in Total Offense behind Florence at Baylor and the QB at Marshall. But let's not mistake a 1.6 YPC and 4.9 Yards Per Pass with 3 interceptions as success. When you throw the ball 56 times per game, you are going to rack up some yardage. And this was at the friendly confine known as Kyle Field. Can you imagine what it might have been like playing at LSU. Let's face the facts - Manziel has not had to play a single game at a tough visitors field. This week will be the first. Luckily, Auburn is horrible this year with losses to 'Ole Miss and Vandy.

I do think Manziel is doing a great job. I can't even imagine where the Aggies would be without him. He ranks 3rd in Total Offense behind Florence at Baylor and the QB at Marshall. But let's not mistake a 1.6 YPC and 4.9 Yards Per Pass with 3 interceptions as success. When you throw the ball 56 times per game, you are going to rack up some yardage. And this was at the friendly confine known as Kyle Field. Can you imagine what it might have been like playing at LSU. Let's face the facts - Manziel has not had to play a single game at a tough visitors field. This week will be the first. Luckily, Auburn is horrible this year with losses to 'Ole Miss and Vandy.

We will see how good he is the next three weeks. I'm afraid of what Bama will do to him though.

Manziel didn't pee a drop in the second half against Florida. Vandy doesn't have a QB as the team's leading rusher; that's not their offense. What Vandy's QB did do is lead his team to a couple of 2nd half scores. Manziel's first half against Florida was nothing more than Florida having no idea what they where up against.

He's a dang good athlete that is learning how to play QB at the college level. He's only going to get better throwing the football. But it's not the end of the world if another QB has a better game against a tough opponent. Heck, even Joe Montana had an average game every once in a while.

He also hasn't played Florida or LSU. The only defense with a pulse he's played has been TCU.

SMU, South Carolina State, Arkansas, Ole Miss, and La Tech. Those are where his numbers have came from. Why can't you admit that he hasn't exactly done anything noteworthy against competent defenses? He's not even the best freshman qb in the state.

SMU, South Carolina State, Arkansas, Ole Miss, and La Tech. Those are where his numbers have came from. Why can't you admit that he hasn't exactly done anything noteworthy against competent defenses? He's not even the best freshman qb in the state.

He is good, but not great. The plus side for aggie fans, #1, he is a freshman, #2 he doesn't play stupid, #3 he has now seen where he needs to raise his level to.

He is good, but not great. The plus side for aggie fans, #1, he is a freshman, #2 he doesn't play stupid, #3 he has now seen where he needs to raise his level to.

Hopefully he does not follow the trend of most Aggie quarterbacks of this past decade by setting really high expectations as a underclassmen and never living up to them such as Reggie McNeil, Stephen McGee, and Jerod Johnson.