Web-Host Server Change

Smoaky

I want to thank everyone for your patience throughout the week as we made a much needed web-host and server change.

CyberLynk was been wonderful for us and helped us thru a transition 2-3 years ago and I cannot thank them enough for their work and dedication to Smoaky.com.

Meanwhile, I'd like to introduce our new webmaster, Derek Tonkin, who worked more hours than you can imagine this week in making the transition from one web-host to another.

The transition to get back up and running has occurred, but there is still a great deal of work to be done, including pruning the forums section---that has become a "eating, breathing, living...monster!"

There will still be occasional issues with the server as the new web-host experiences and navigates this website.

I appreciate so many of you contacting me asking about the site, it was a great compliment, yet, very frustrating for you and me.

We still have some hurdles to clear, and I hope you remain patient with the changeover.

Believe me, no one is more impatient than I am, and this week has tested me more than you know, but thank goodness I've learned to accept certain things I cannot change, and this week tested that theory to the hilt!

Thank you again for your loyalty and commitment to Smoaky.com.

David Smoak

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just turned on some additional optimizations. Let me know if you get any javascript errors.

CB01

I'm having trouble posting comments and opening up threads. This is what it's saying.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I'm having trouble posting comments and opening up threads. It goes to a page that says error on it an something about 404 error.

First off, love the avatar. Second, are you seeing this on multiple threads? I'm guessing yes. Let me know if it continues or if you get fed up and are going to close out for the night. Also, if you could give me your location and your service provider, that could be a big help.

Thanks!

CB01

I'm having trouble posting comments and opening up threads. It goes to a page that says error on it an something about 404 error.

Uncle John,

Just keep reloading, the new server is going to have to learn the necessary bandwidth as we continue this transition. I've had same page show up, just click reload and it will.

Thank you.

David Smoak

First off, love the avatar. Second, are you seeing this on multiple threads? I'm guessing yes. Let me know if it continues or if you get fed up and are going to close out for the night. Also, if you could give me your location and your service provider, that could be a big help.

Thanks!

CB01

Yes on the HS,college and NFL threads its telling me a Error occured.I'm located in Tyler and AT&T is my provider. I'm on a iPhone also if that helps. Thank you.

Oh and yes I love my avatar also. Go Giants!!!!' Lol.

Uncle John,

Just keep reloading, the new server is going to have to learn the necessary bandwidth as we continue this transition. I've had same page show up, just click reload and it will.

Thank you.

David Smoak

Will do Smoak.

I'm having trouble posting comments and opening up threads. This is what it's saying.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Been getting this a lot too. On Virgin Mobile aircard in the Chandler, Edom, Ben Wheeler area.

I just made a significant change to the server. You may see some DNS issues the rest of today but we should not see any more of the Internal Server Errors by tomorrow morning. Thank y'all all for your patience as we work to improve the site.

Thanks again!

CB01

I just made a significant change to the server. You may see some DNS issues the rest of today but we should not see any more of the Internal Server Errors by tomorrow morning. Thank y'all all for your patience as we work to improve the site.

Thanks again!

CB01

My last few posts are not showing up in some of the thread logs. I am with Northland Cable in the Flint area just outside of Tyler.

Our webmaster is once again rebooting the server, it's part of the process in our change. It's frustrating, but with the information he received over the weekend, he can now make more necessary changes.

He began another synchronization at around 12:00pm on Monday and it takes approximately 24-hours to finish.

Thank you for your patience.

David Smoak

Our webmaster is once again rebooting the server, it's part of the process in our change. It's frustrating, but with the information he received over the weekend, he can now make more necessary changes.

He began another synchronization at around 12:00pm on Monday and it takes approximately 24-hours to finish.

Thank you for your patience.

David Smoak

The server move is complete. It may take a few more hours for the DNS servers around the world to pick up the new IP address. I will continue to tweak the server over the course of the week. The more you pummel the site with traffic the next few days the better I'll be able to determine what changes I need to make. I'm also looking at applying an update to the forum software soon. That will most likely wait until next week but I just thought I'd let y'all know what's on the horizon.

All of that to say, if you get any errors while browsing the site or forums please copy and paste them into a DM to me and let me know what page/post you were loading when you saw them and what time they occurred.

Thanks everyone for your patience!

CB01 (Derek Tonkin)