Kilgore vs Chapel Hill

WhoamI9753

Wow, did I ever step on a nerve this time.

LOL.

Seriously. Gilmer has been great for a very long time. Your record is also indicative of another great season. Matchups are different for all teams. You give up points to a team that Kilgore does not and vice versa. But if you want to look at points allowed, we can. You gave up more points to Jacksonville than the Kilgore defense has allowed all year.

Offensively, we do what we need to do to win games. We have never found it necessary to score 70 points against teams like Liberty Eylau. Trailer seems to believe it is okay to kill every opponent. Valery and Woody have never done that... except with Whitehouse last year and that was retribution!

Regardless, we are not looking at Gilmer right now. We have something more important to take care of this week: Henderson!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

"One more thing: you keep dogging and insulting the people of Kilgore, trashing Kilgore, when in fact most everyone on this board thinks that Gilmer fans believe they are better than everyone else. They have an arrogance about them that few other high school programs do. If any program's fans deserve to be arrogant, it's CARTHAGE, maybe DAINGERFIELD, but not you. You dusted the fire of defeat off your coattails against Henderson. But you won't in two weeks. Your team will lose district to the program you obviously despise the most. AND THERE WON'T BE A SINGLE THING THAT YOU OR YOUR QUICK-WITTED POSTS WILL BE ABLE TO DO ABOUT IT."

Traylor has won 2 state championships and badly underachieved in 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2011. All of those teams were good enough to create one of the largest and greatest dynasties in the history of HS football. However, the arrogance starts with the head coach and works down. Now, the fans believe they have a sense of entitlement to a district and state championship. Gilmer has been great. But they have not finished the deal with teams that have been loaded beyond measure. Gilmer struggles to get past a Carthage team that just simply wins with class. BTW, Gilmer got us in 2009... badly. But Kilgore took them down a notch in 2008.

But first... we have some business to tend to with Henderson!

Quote:

Traylor has won 2 state championships and badly underachieved in 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2011. All of those teams were good enough to create one of the largest and greatest dynasties in the history of HS football. However, the arrogance starts with the head coach and works down. Now, the fans believe they have a sense of entitlement to a district and state championship. Gilmer has been great. But they have not finished the deal with teams that have been loaded beyond measure. Gilmer struggles to get past a Carthage team that just simply wins with class. BTW, Gilmer got us in 2009... badly. But Kilgore took them down a notch in 2008.

But first... we have some business to tend to with Henderson!

Agreed. New to this board, and let me say 99.9 percent of Gilmer fans are great -- they're a passionate fan base, just like all of us. It's that small percentage that brings out the worst in people, and I apologize to most all the Gilmer fans for losing my cool and lumping you in with Bob.

Gilmer has had a great run. It just bothers me when people just try to stir the pot, then are shocked when someone replies with facts.

Good luck to Kilgore against Henderson; good luck to Gilmer against Bullard, and we'll see what happens Nov. 9.

Kilgore will win this district hands down! They are a great team! once again chapels hills offense was pop warnerish again last night, really hard to watch. I hope sitton uses this last game to look at next season and start thinking about what will change. Good luck to kilgore, just beat stephenville.

Kilgore will win this district hands down! They are a great team! once again chapels hills offense was pop warnerish again last night, really hard to watch. I hope sitton uses this last game to look at next season and start thinking about what will change. Good luck to kilgore, just beat stephenville.

+1

I said this at the beginning of this year and was told how ignorant I was, and that Kilgore would get introduced to 3A football. I guess I'm looking like a prophet now.

Thanks for the support. It must be frustrating to have your team have the season they are having this year after winning it all last year. The addition of Black I thought would have made a big difference.

Thanks for the support. It must be frustrating to have your team have the season they are having this year after winning it all last year. The addition of Black I thought would have made a big difference.

Yes it us frustrating! But as a fan I know these type of years will happen. I have watched my team play 3 state championship games and win 2 and I'm only 30 years old. Thats 3 more than most people will ever get to watch their team in a lifetime. Cherish the good and get over the bad. Also imo black is a great athlete but has helped chapel hill win none. Another thing I hope sitton takes a long look at next season.

Yes it us frustrating! But as a fan I know these type of years will happen. I have watched my team play 3 state championship games and win 2 and I'm only 30 years old. Thats 3 more than most people will ever get to watch their team in a lifetime. Cherish the good and get over the bad. Also imo black is a great athlete but has helped chapel hill win none. Another thing I hope sitton takes a long look at next season.

Looks like to me the whole team has "helped you all win none" Kilgore's QB completed 1 pass and they still dominated the game.

Going to reiterate my position. Kilgore will go undefeated in district and has a legitimate shot at the state title.

Chapel Hill, as always, operates with class. I look forward to a good rivalry with you guys over the coming years.

You are pathetic, seriously.

You get on here every day and instigate problems based on a high school football team, and your only fact to back up your ranting and raving is ONE FREAKING MEETING between Kilgore and GIlmer in 2009, one of the worst seasons in the history of Kilgore football.

The Buckeyes' current team has already lost a game, and in embarassing fashion, I might add, to Plano Prestonwood. Don't tell us how Kilgore would fair against Prestonwood, because you don't know. You live in a world all your own, one where you get your rocks off by coming on here and antagonizing people.

To base your theory that Gilmer is going to beat Kilgore "just because" they won in 2009 is completely, totally juvenile, ridiculously stupid and shows that, while you like to pretend and pose about how intelligent you are, you are in fact a moron. I could just as easily say that because Kilgore is 4-1 against Gilmer all time -- AND THEY ARE -- that Kilgore is going to win. What has happened in the distant past has nothing at all to do with this game. The 2009 season was three years ago and it was two completely different teams.

By the way: your big mouth is writing checks that Traylor and his team will likely not be able to cash. Your team has been squeaking by, and Kilgore has been rolling. And don't worry about coming on here on Nov. 10, the day after, to talk, because we all know what's going to happen. Gilmer will lose, and you will have a host, a myriad, of excuses, just like you always do.

You're nothing more than a blowhard, and on Nov. 9, you're going to realize that you've been making a fool out of yourself for weeks on this board. I'll frankly be surprised if anyone here hears from you again.

One more thing: you keep dogging and insulting the people of Kilgore, trashing Kilgore, when in fact most everyone on this board thinks that Gilmer fans believe they are better than everyone else. They have an arrogance about them that few other high school programs do. If any program's fans deserve to be arrogant, it's CARTHAGE, maybe DAINGERFIELD, but not you. You dusted the fire of defeat off your coattails against Henderson. But you won't in two weeks. Your team will lose district to the program you obviously despise the most. AND THERE WON'T BE A SINGLE THING THAT YOU OR YOUR QUICK-WITTED POSTS WILL BE ABLE TO DO ABOUT IT.

Goodbye, Sideshow Bob. Everyone wave goodbye to Bob, because after Nov. 9, he won't post here anymore.

Boy, I must have struck a nerve.

You are pathetic, seriously.

Perhaps I am…I have an ex-wife that would certainly agree.

You get on here every day (Not on here every day…not even most) and instigate problems based on a high school football team, and your only fact to back up your ranting and raving is ONE FREAKING MEETING between Kilgore and GIlmer in 2009, one of the worst seasons in the history of Kilgore football.

Sorry, I missed the rant & rave part…maybe you can help me out.

Pdaddy4651, on 26 October 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

Yes you! quit living in yesterday... maybe you should hold your post til the end of the season that way you don't say so much bologna!!

GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE YAM BOY!!!

buckeyefan1984, on 26 October 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

Wow, did I ever step on a nerve this time.

LOL.

buckeyebob, on 27 October 2012 - 10:15 AM, said:

buckeyebob replied:

You must be a rookie dealing with Kilgore...nerve is about all they got.

Not real sure what you are referencing…nerve is all they got??…or perhaps you are speaking of my posting that Kilgore looked pitiful when they played Gladewater back on another thread. I did say that & also that if Kilgore brought that team to Gilmer, it would be ugly quick & would look like 2009, our last meeting, all over again (for those who don't remember it was Gilmer over Kilgore 70-27).

The Buckeyes' current team has already lost a game, and in embarassing fashion, I might add, to Plano Prestonwood. Don't tell us how Kilgore would fair against Prestonwood, because you don't know.

We did get beat by Plano Prestonwood 42-12…by a bigger guys, we disciplined, great shape, great program…but there is next year & we will have them at home.

You live in a world all your own, one where you get your rocks off by coming on here and antagonizing people.

No MaskedStranger…I know it was always a question about Tonto but not here…pure hetero.

To base your theory that Gilmer is going to beat Kilgore "just because" they won in 2009 is completely, totally juvenile, ridiculously stupid and shows that, while you like to pretend and pose about how intelligent you are, you are in fact a moron. I could just as easily say that because Kilgore is 4-1 against Gilmer all time -- AND THEY ARE -- that Kilgore is going to win. What has happened in the distant past has nothing at all

to do with this game. The 2009 season was three years ago and it was two completely different teams.

Never said anything about beating Kilgore based on 2009…see above. So see, we can agree.

I see that you have just started on smoaky.com…there are some rules here…

MEMBER CONDUCT

3. Flaming (Insulting Other Users)

While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness ... posts clearly insulting other board members, individually or as a group, directly or indirectly, are not allowed ignore any attempt to be prompted to break a rule. This includes, but is not limited to:

* Name-calling ("You're an idiot", "You moron")

* Direct insults ("Screw you")

* Offensive orders ("Go kill yourself")

* Insinuations ("Are you stupid or something?") or insults towards family

Perhaps it would be a good idea if you read them all.

By the way: your big mouth is writing checks that Traylor and his team will likely not be able to cash. Your team has been squeaking by, and Kilgore has been rolling. And don't worry about coming on here on Nov. 10, the day after, to talk, because we all know what's going to happen. Gilmer will lose, and you will have a host, a myriad, of excuses, just like you always do. You're nothing more than a blowhard, and on Nov. 9, you're going to realize that you've been making a fool out of yourself for weeks on this board. I'll frankly be surprised if anyone here hears from you again. One more thing: you keep dogging and insulting the people of Kilgore, trashing Kilgore, when in fact most everyone on this board thinks that Gilmer fans believe they are better than everyone else. They have an arrogance about them that few other high school programs do. If any

program's fans deserve to be arrogant, it's CARTHAGE, maybe DAINGERFIELD, but not you.

Now you have taken it from personal to all Gilmer fans. Gilmer fans are very vocal, opinionated, true Homers, even possibly a little arrogant…we are proud to say that we are the Gilmer Buckeyes & believe it, we have reason to be so…

Jeff Traylor & all the other coaches & staff and since he came 12 years ago:

Jeff Traylor is 140-23 at Gilmer, 86% winning percentage is the 2nd best among all active coaches in Texas

Gilmer is 56-1 in district play.

Gilmer has won more games (140) than any other 3A team in the state since 2000

Gilmer has either won the state championship or lost in the playoffs to the eventual state champion in 6 of the past 9 years

Gilmer is 113-14 under Jeff Traylor in regular season games (89%)

Gilmer is 91-6 (94%) in regular season games since 2003

Gilmer is averaging 403 total yards per game

Gilmer's 415 offensive plays consist of 198 passing attempts (48%) and 217 rushing attempts (52%)

Gilmer's schedule is the 4th toughest in Class 3A according to PigskinPrep.com

You dusted the fire of defeat off your coattails against Henderson. But you won't in two weeks. Your team will lose district to the program you obviously despise the most. AND THERE WON'T BE A SINGLE THING THAT YOU OR YOUR QUICK-WITTED POSTS WILL BE ABLE TO DO ABOUT IT.

Goodbye, Sideshow Bob. Everyone wave goodbye to Bob, because after Nov. 9, he won't post here anymore.

Sorry to have gotten you so upset…no need to get your panties in a wad. Suggestion since you are new…thicken your skin up some, take a chill, and enjoy the football. PS It is buckeyebob.

Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

Since you've decided to whip out the forum rules, buckeyebob, why don't you take a look at this provision:

8. Off-Topic Posting

The main purpose of the Smoakhouse Forums is to provide discussion forums for subjects defined by the individual forum titles. Topicality is expected and will be enforced Within the these individual forums, topics designed to get hundreds of posts with little or no content, topics that have nothing to do with the board's category, and other "off" topics replies are not allowed.

Considering this is a topic about Kilgore versus Chapel Hill (a game that's come and gone, no less), you might want to stop instigating and participating in Kilgore-Gilmer talk. You'll get your chance to observe Rule 8 and violate Rule 4 in less than a week.

Since you've decided to whip out the forum rules, buckeyebob, why don't you take a look at this provision:

Considering this is a topic about Kilgore versus Chapel Hill (a game that's come and gone, no less), you might want to stop instigating and participating in Kilgore-Gilmer talk. You'll get your chance to observe Rule 8 and violate Rule 4 in less than a week.

Just answering a post that jumped on me from here...I did not start it. What would you do?