Dekalb @ Hughes Springs

Horns85

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad some people on here can tell the future and let all the fine people from Hughes Springs know whats ahead of them! WOW You would think that between Sandlot(thats too easy) and Lombardi (lol) that we need to go ahead and tell kids and coaches to shut it down! As someone stated earlier that with high school kids and all that they are involved with you never know who is gonna win or lose come playoff time! I can tell you one thing that you can take to the bank! These kids take pride in what they are doing and these Coaches get every bit out of eachand every one of them and then some more when asked! This is a great thing for the community and town, so if cant beat them then you ought to join them!!!

Classy:

Being classy is not about being stuck up. You need to cultivate respect. And that means respect for everyone, including yourself. Take care to be polite to others and to reflect a genuine interest in them. Be confident in yourself, dress how you want and act accordingly.

Just food for thought there.

Some - maybe most - people are confused about being "stuck up". Just because players/coaches/community members are proud and supportive doesn't mean they are stuck up.

And I can almost guarantee that if you came in contact with ANY Mustang, you would be met with a "yes sir" or "no sir" - that's just how we raise our kids. The students are taught to BE respectful, ACT respectful, and DRESS respectful - by their parents, teacher, coaches, and administrators.

And as far as showing a general interest in others....all of our kids have grown up playing ball with other kids from surrounding areas. We support each other and support our opponents after our season has ended.

So you're gonna have to can come up with a better definition of a "classless" HS team and community for me.

It is amazing to me how every year people say HS has a chance to make it all the way, either in Football or Baseball, but yet NEVER do!!! When and IF HS ever makes it to the big dance in one of those sports then I will understand all the hype. Until then loose the big head. Show some class.

Let me type this real suloow for you. At the start of every season in every sport when all records are 0-0, E V E R Y team has a chance. Now get a pair and tell us who you support so we can show some class towards your team. Unless your ashamed of your team.

It is amazing to me how every year people say HS has a chance to make it all the way, either in Football or Baseball, but yet NEVER do!!! When and IF HS ever makes it to the big dance in one of those sports then I will understand all the hype. Until then loose the big head. Show some class.

You lost a girl to a guy from HS or something...some kind of complex...seek meds

This has been the slowest thread of the year. I think only one guy from Dekalb posted. As always, Im gonna make my prediction. I'm gonna say HS 55-7. Go Mustangs!!!!!!!!

Us folks from De Kalb haven't had much to say all year, but a long year. I am actually amazed that mathematically we still have a shot at play-offs.