Henderson vs. Kilgore

Aggie98

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Henderson
    • Kilgore

Kilgore's defensive strategy should be fairly easy: stop Monsta. Swarm him and I don't think Henderson has anything to fall back on. Kilgore should be up to the task IMO.

Kilgore wins by 10.

We were still pretty good team before monsta at qb. Janson Moore can throw the ball buddy, even monsta can. Nobody's stopped him yet, but if anybody can Kilgo can

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monsta throws the ball too, that's why u can't go that route. Defensive coordinators nightmare. U will soon understand. We rushed for almost 400 yards on Bullard.

Maybe you misunderstood what I said or didn't bother reading it. If Kilgore is on Monsta's back all night, Henderson suffers big time and that's for either a rushing or passing game. I'll just assume Henderson stuck with the ground game against Bullard because it obviously worked. There was practically no passing at.

Maybe you misunderstood what I said or didn't bother reading it. If Kilgore is on Monsta's back all night, Henderson suffers big time and that's for either a rushing or passing game. I'll just assume Henderson stuck with the ground game against Bullard because it obviously worked. There was practically no passing at.

I think the coaches just didn't think they needed to throw the ball.....But IMO we will have to throw it some against Kilgore to get the safties off the line of scrimmage....I know this is a different year but that's why we have had success the last 3 years against Kilgore because we were able to throw the ball well.......

I think the coaches just didn't think they needed to throw the ball.....But IMO we will have to throw it some against Kilgore to get the safties off the line of scrimmage....I know this is a different year but that's why we have had success the last 3 years against Kilgore because we were able to throw the ball well.......

I agree. But I think Henderson will find it difficult to get much air time on Kilgore. They cover very well. Meeks will have some adjusting to do, no doubt.

Kilgore wins this one and the next. Henderson will struggle to do anything offensively. Kilgore will win this one old school Kilgore style. Stuff you with defense and pound you with more backs than you can stop.

I will say this. Hope you guys make a run in D2.

But your 3 game win streak is done!!!

I realize it is important to play tough competition in pre-district play, but how does getting crushed like a grapefruit against Prestonwood help?

First off u never hope to get beat like that but u learn from it. It's a lot better then playin Sweeney who is 1-7, Marshall 1-7, and pine tree.

There is never a "given" that's why they play the game. I saw Kilgore play Bullard and I agree Kilgore has a good defense-thanks a lot to # 44 who is a good linebacker..he makes lots of plays all over the field. Kilgore has some size;speed;and plays pretty hardnoses football. The Lions have their work cutout for them for sure, but we have a few athletes ourselves. If Henderson plays smart The Lions will not roll over and must come to play 4 quarters-not 2 like we did against Gilmer.

There is never a "given" that's why they play the game. I saw Kilgore play Bullard and I agree Kilgore has a good defense-thanks a lot to # 44 who is a good linebacker..he makes lots of plays all over the field. Kilgore has some size;speed;and plays pretty hardnoses football. The Lions have their work cutout for them for sure, but we have a few athletes ourselves. If Henderson plays smart The Lions will not roll over and must come to play 4 quarters-not 2 like we did against Gilmer.

The Gilmer-Henderson game was the strangest game... next to this Cowboys-Giants game. Henderson is one dimensional on offense. It will take Tricky Dickie doing some quadruple reverse throwback to the waterboy play to get Kilgore out of sorts on defense. I just do not see that happening. This defense has been up to the task since we lost to Henderson last year.

Offensively, Kilgore will pound your front 7 all night. That will be a great matchup to watch. Should be fun.

The Gilmer-Henderson game was the strangest game... next to this Cowboys-Giants game. Henderson is one dimensional on offense. It will take Tricky Dickie doing some quadruple reverse throwback to the waterboy play to get Kilgore out of sorts on defense. I just do not see that happening. This defense has been up to the task since we lost to Henderson last year.

Offensively, Kilgore will pound your front 7 all night. That will be a great matchup to watch. Should be fun.

Well, after reading thru all the weeks and paying attention to this district race closely, I'm anxious to see who comes out on top on this one. So far, what we all know is that Kilgore has a very good defense against the teams they have played and that Henderson has an athletic but undisciplined team that is mistake-prone. To have a good defense, a team is usually very disciplined....so I guess what we have here is an anomoly. One team appears to be very good at playing with few mistakes, although the schedule played is suspect. The other team appears to have played a tougher schedule, but made some mistakes in the games they lost that cost them those games. So there's the anomoly. I guess I'm gonna say Henderson will need to overcome itself to win this one, and that Kilgore will need for Henderson to continue making mistakes to win this one. In other words.....I just don't see anyway anybody could compare these two teams. I guess y'all will hafta go watch it in person. Have a fun time Friday nite, and expect to see an action-packed game.

I realize it is important to play tough competition in pre-district play, but how does getting crushed like a grapefruit against Prestonwood help?

Did Kilgore play anyone with a pulse? Marshall? Mt. Pleasant? It is a shame you did not get an opportunity to show you stuf against the bad-aXX Pine Tree Pirates.

Kilgore always gets better as the year goes forward. If any of you are looking at their pre-season schedule for an excuse to their good record, you are simply having wishful thinking that they are not a dominate team. They are one of the top 5 teams in the state right now............hands down! Henderson and Gilmer are just average playoff contenders at this point. That may change, but it is pretty clear for now!

Kilgore always gets better as the year goes forward. If any of you are looking at their pre-season schedule for an excuse to their good record, you are simply having wishful thinking that they are not a dominate team. They are one of the top 5 teams in the state right now............hands down! Henderson and Gilmer are just average playoff contenders at this point. That may change, but it is pretty clear for now!

Henderson and Gilmer are average playoff contenders?? Gilmer lost to Prestonwood just like Henderson did. They havnt lost since that game. Henderson has lost three. Two of those losses were due to mistakes and penaltys and by a total of 3 points. If Henderson and Gilmer had put together a soft non district schedule against teams like sweeney, marshall, pine tree, then we would be in the top 5 also. Rankings dont mean anything. Who have yall played?? No one

Henderson and Gilmer are average playoff contenders?? Gilmer lost to Prestonwood just like Henderson did. They havnt lost since that game. Henderson has lost three. Two of those losses were due to mistakes and penaltys and by a total of 3 points. If Henderson and Gilmer had put together a soft non district schedule against teams like sweeney, marshall, pine tree, then we would be in the top 5 also. Rankings dont mean anything. Who have yall played?? No one

I agree with you, LIONMAN. Kilgore's schedule has been a LOT softer than either of ours. I still think Kilgore is very good, and will give us both very good games. I think if Henderson can limit their mistakes, and contain the Kilgore running game, the Lions will win. If the Lions' allow Kilgore to dictate the pace, and the Lions make those silly little mistakes, it could be a long night. It'll be interesting to see how the Bulldogs react in a close game. GAME ON!

I agree with you, LIONMAN. Kilgore's schedule has been a LOT softer than either of ours. I still think Kilgore is very good, and will give us both very good games. I think if Henderson can limit their mistakes, and contain the Kilgore running game, the Lions will win. If the Lions' allow Kilgore to dictate the pace, and the Lions make those silly little mistakes, it could be a long night. It'll be interesting to see how the Bulldogs react in a close game. GAME ON!

I know they have a good team and I dont doubt that at all. I know that Henderson will have to play smart and protect the ball to win. Kilgore fans just act like they could beat Alabama right now.

I hope a few of the henderson folks on here are hungry cause come Friday night you will have a big plate of CROW to eat. WHEN Kilgore wins there will be certain people on here blaming it on the ref's or the person keeping the clock or somebody else. Cant be the fact that you got an old fashion butt kicking. Watch and see there will be for sure two on here crying about how Kilgore cheated in some way.