83 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Henderson
    • Kilgore

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's been a lot of talk in this thread about defense and the ground games, so I'll throw in some info on Kilgore's receivers...

This is probably the best group of receivers I've ever seen in Kilgore. The biggest deep threat is #3, Aaron Foy. That dude is fast. I'm talking sub 4.4/40 fast, with great hands. We have a couple of 6'3" wideouts (Orange and Brewster) who can go up and get it. Benny Colbert is our shake-and-bake guy who can turn a quick hitch into a 40 yd gain. AJ Davis will take some snaps on offense and is a very good receiving TE. Lots of weapons in this offense.

There's been a lot of talk in this thread about defense and the ground games, so I'll throw in some info on Kilgore's receivers...

This is probably the best group of receivers I've ever seen in Kilgore. The biggest deep threat is #3, Aaron Foy. That dude is fast. I'm talking sub 4.4/40 fast, with great hands. We have a couple of 6'3" wideouts (Orange and Brewster) who can go up and get it. Benny Colbert is our shake-and-bake guy who can turn a quick hitch into a 40 yd gain. AJ Davis will take some snaps on offense and is a very good receiving TE. Lots of weapons in this offense.

Great point. I love seeing these big receivers going up and over DB's. I think Benny is going to be something special before he's through at Kilgore.

I work nights but I am going to the game . Sat is the reason why I can respond.

Y do you tend to dwell on the past years. It is a new year with new kids. The Bulldogs will possibly end the streak but if they don't then come on here and say 4 in a row. But if Kilgore wins I hope you give them credit because they are the best team I have seen all year. The would go a few rounds deep in 4a if not go the distance. Yes Henderson has been great the last few years but this is a bew Henderson. Its not the team that won a state title. Cheer in your team but there's no need to disrepect other teams on the other teams schedule. Injuries and penalties might have factored into them being down this year. So enjoy the game tonight. I hope its a great game with no injuries on either side. That way there's no excuses about a lose. Have safe travels.

what ever happen to the big (6'4") QB Henderson had? I think he should be a soph. I thought he was picked to be the next coming?

Hate I cant come watch my boys tonight, cause i will be busy in Tatum. But take care of Henderson and I will be there to watch ya'll win the district in Gilmer next week!

GO DOGS!

what ever happen to the big (6'4") QB Henderson had? I think he should be a soph. I thought he was picked to be the next coming?

Hate I cant come watch my boys tonight, cause i will be busy in Tatum. But take care of Henderson and I will be there to watch ya'll win the district in Gilmer next week!

GO DOGS!

He's now the punter LOL. You'll see him next year

Yeah i know some folks take what said in a sports forum very seriously. I talk a lot of smack but its all fun. The truth is both teams are good and should have a decent playoff run. Respect is given by each other and blowouts probably won't happen. This should be a gret game that only effects seeding and possibly district championship not playoff lives. Also respect will be given when yall actually beat Henderson so I promise if it were on the other foot you guys would be doing the same. The only reason kilgore folks get defenseless about it cause it puts kilgore in a bad light. Bragging rights are earned that way.

Well I'm not from Kilgore. I'm from MP. But they are very good from what I saw. They have gotten 2 of Montys 3 interceptions this year. At that point MP could have started a comeback but it shot us in the foot. But oh well. Kilgores defense is good enough to stop almost any 3a team in the state and prolly some 4a schools. I wish y'all well tonight. There won't b any blowouts in this one. Kilgore 21- Henderson 17.

Well I'm not from Kilgore. I'm from MP. But they are very good from what I saw. They have gotten 2 of Montys 3 interceptions this year. At that point MP could have started a comeback but it shot us in the foot. But oh well. Kilgores defense is good enough to stop almost any 3a team in the state and prolly some 4a schools. I wish y'all well tonight. There won't b any blowouts in this one. Kilgore 21- Henderson 17.

Actually, James' has 6 INT's this year. Kilgore had 5 of them.

I for one know every single Lion game and score. We started in 1914 and Kilgore I assume started around 1932

Kilgore leads the overall series 42-29-6

First meeting: 1932 a 18-0 Henderson win

Did not play 1953,1954,1969,1987

Henderson has won 3 years in a row trying to become the first ever Lion team to win 4 years in a row.

Last meeting 2011 a 35-7 Lions win.

Did you know : Kilgore gave Henderson its 2nd worst loss in school history. 70-0 loss in 1956 while Henderson return the favor in 1989 beating kilgore 70-20 in which was a game the Lions scored the 4th most in school history.

You need some life man other than high school football.

And back the the same thing as always when you have nothing to say. There will be about that many Henderson posters on here after the game friday night.

I know as a player either your with me through the thick and thin or your not with me at all.....We know where 99% of ya'll were last year when the two met....Embarrassing.....