Gladewater Football

BearPride6

I have a feeling Gladewater's program is gonna make a huge turnaround soon! The JV, Freshmen, 8th and 7th grade are all undefeated, and the JV team played longview's JV last week and beat them 28-6. I've got a feeling that the program is gonna start looking good in the next 1-2 years!

I have a feeling Gladewater's program is gonna make a huge turnaround soon! The JV, Freshmen, 8th and 7th grade are all undefeated, and the JV team played longview's JV last week and beat them 28-6. I've got a feeling that the program is gonna start looking good in the next 1-2 years!

Gilmer is gonna be ready for you guys.

That is good news for Bear fans....I have some good friends from Gladewater.Before my coaching at Henderson I coached at Rusk...GlADEWATER-RUSK-PINE TREE was all in the same district the 2 yrs. I coached at Rusk HS---

I was good friends with Jack Murphy and Bobby Bernard-played against Jack in same district in HS when he went to Chapel Hill and Bobby and I were at TCU together-me playing baseball and Bobby running track. Both great men and great coaches.

We had some great battles betwee Bears and Lions over the Murphy years. Then coach Ken Little was here at the end of his career-another great person and coach, who worked with Jack over there.

I also see good things coming our way in Bear Country. It's a good sign when all sub-varsity teams are undefeated. I feel next year we may feel some growing pains because the junior class we have now only has like 6 players and we only have a couple of sophomores playing varsity this year so we will have alot of first year varsity players on the field. The class that are freshman now is the first group to be brought up totally with Coach Baugh's program.

The BIG PROBLEM is you have to get past the Buckeyes & there are only two ways to do it....the Buckeyes move out of Dist 16 or the Beras move out of Dist 16...sorry.

There was a time that the mighty Buckeyes couldn't get by the Bears. The Bucks have had the upper hand for a while now, but that doesn't mean that the Bears can't get on a winning streak again and I believe that our time is coming. It does say alot that all sub-varsity teams beat Gilmer and are all undefeated for the season. The Bears program is starting to turn the corner and will be a team that can compete in the mighty 16-3a. We have got by the Buckeyes before and we will again.

There was a time that the mighty Buckeyes couldn't get by the Bears. The Bucks have had the upper hand for a while now, but that doesn't mean that the Bears can't get on a winning streak again and I believe that our time is coming. It does say alot that all sub-varsity teams beat Gilmer and are all undefeated for the season. The Bears program is starting to turn the corner and will be a team that can compete in the mighty 16-3a. We have got by the Buckeyes before and we will again.

I lived through those years in the 60's & 70's ('66 grad)...I much prefer the status quo