#5 LSU vs. #1 Alabama

Coach Rab

The Tigers host the Alabama Crimson Tide in their annual low scoring chess match. I won't dig too much into the details of the game, I will save that for the discussions to follow:

Since Les Miles took over at LSU he has a only 2 seasons with less than 10 wins and 1 national championship. He holds a 2-2 record vs Saban since Saban joined Alabama.

Saban has 1 national championship and has taken over the state of Alabama once again with the Tide.

Why I think LSU wins:

(1) I am a homer

(2) LSU's defense is good enough to hold Bama to a manageable score

(3) LSU's running game is picking up

(4) IF LSU CAN PASS THE BALL for at least 150 yards they will keep Bama's defense honest enough to open up #3 for some points.

(5) Saban and Miles play the same style of football, it is almost a coin flip on who will bust through.

(6) This is the first game that Alabama will play that even comes close to matching their talent on both sides of the ball.

(7) This is a rivalry game, anything can happen.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edge to Alabama because they are more disciplined.

Edge to Alabama because they have a better and more experienced QB, receivers and overall better coaching.

The only reason this game could be close is because LSU was on a bye thus will have 2 weeks to prepare for them.

The Tigers host the Alabama Crimson Tide in their annual low scoring chess match. I won't dig too much into the details of the game, I will save that for the discussions to follow:

Since Les Miles took over at LSU he has a only 2 seasons with less than 10 wins and 1 national championship. He holds a 2-2 record vs Saban since Saban joined Alabama.

Saban has 1 national championship and has taken over the state of Alabama once again with the Tide.

Why I think LSU wins:

(1) I am a homer

(2) LSU's defense is good enough to hold Bama to a manageable score

(3) LSU's running game is picking up

(4) IF LSU CAN PASS THE BALL for at least 150 yards they will keep Bama's defense honest enough to open up #3 for some points.

(5) Saban and Miles play the same style of football, it is almost a coin flip on who will bust through.

(6) This is the first game that Alabama will play that even comes close to matching their talent on both sides of the ball.

(7) This is a rivalry game, anything can happen.

Saban has 3 National Championships, 2 with Bama.

Just thought I'd make that correction.

Edge to Alabama because they have a better and more experienced QB, receivers and overall better coaching.

The only reason this game could be close is because LSU was on a bye thus will have 2 weeks to prepare for them.

How do we know that Bama has better WRs? LSU's have barely been thrown the ball. But LSU does lack the Dewayne Bowe among other tall long WRs they have had in the past.

Hopefully this game is not just awful to watch like both times last year, and I am definately pulling for LSU in this one.

I hope Bama wins. If LSU wins, it just further more increases the chances of an all SEC NC. If Bama wins, LSU is out!

I hope Bama wins. If LSU wins, it just further more increases the chances of an all SEC NC. If Bama wins, LSU is out!

The only way you get an all SEC NC game is if Notre Dame loses. You know an undefeated Irish team is in.

I think Bama takes it by three TD's. LSU is a shadow of the team they had last season and Bama is even better. Don't believe for a minute that Bama players haven't heard all the "they haven't played anybody" talk. They will be seeking validation.

The way LSU has played, IF they win this game I only expect them to jump to 4th in the rankings. The coaches poll will not favor this team or put faith in them unless they toss up 500 yards on this Bama Defense and completely dominate them. Then, even after that, they could go back to an earlier argument that Alabama has played an average to below average schedule at this point. If LSU wins, they need 2 other losses at the top to get in the NC game. I do see K State and Notre Dame both losing to open the way for LSU in the NC.

The way LSU has played, IF they win this game I only expect them to jump to 4th in the rankings. The coaches poll will not favor this team or put faith in them unless they toss up 500 yards on this Bama Defense and completely dominate them. Then, even after that, they could go back to an earlier argument that Alabama has played an average to below average schedule at this point. If LSU wins, they need 2 other losses at the top to get in the NC game. I do see K State and Notre Dame both losing to open the way for LSU in the NC.

Wow, are you saying that the SEC gets no preferential treatment in the polls?

I keep hearing about this SEC bias. But the BCS only has 3 parts. 1/3 computer.......its only biased if programmed to do so. 1/3 Coach's Poll........how many SEC coaches are part of this poll compared to the number of coaches from other conferences. I'd say that there are more from other conferences than from the SEC. And the Harris Poll.

Is this some sort of conspiracy??? STOP THE BIAS!!!!!

cheaters.png

I keep hearing about this SEC bias. But the BCS only has 3 parts. 1/3 computer.......its only biased if programmed to do so. 1/3 Coach's Poll........how many SEC coaches are part of this poll compared to the number of coaches from other conferences. I'd say that there are more from other conferences than from the SEC. And the Harris Poll.

Is this some sort of conspiracy??? STOP THE BIAS!!!!!

Here is the media bias.

Top undefeated team- Alabama.

Top 1 loss teams, LSU, Georgia, Florida.

Top 2 loss team, South Carolina

These teams lose and they don't drop in the rankings. Are you really going to tell me that the SEC has the best 1 loss team in the country, the 3 best 1 loss teams in the country, and the best 2 loss team in the country? It's a joke.

Are you saying that you don't read any of my other posts? I think you are. Go away troll.

Here is the media bias.

Top 1 loss teams, LSU, Georgia, Florida.

These teams lose and they don't drop in the rankings. Are you rally going to tell me that the SEC has the best 1 loss team in the country, the 3 best 1 loss teams in the country, and the best 2 loss team in the country? It's a joke.

we should place UT, TCU, and West Virginia there instead.

Here is the media bias.

Top 1 loss teams, LSU, Georgia, Florida. Who's to say they aren't?

These teams lose and they don't drop in the rankings. Are you rally going to tell me that the SEC has the best 1 loss team in the country, the 3 best 1 loss teams in the country, and the best 2 loss team in the country? It's a joke.

They drop, but; they just don't drop as far as others. I really believe that these three 1-loss teams that you mention could beat ANY of the other conferences best teams with the exception of Oregon & K-State (Although, it would be a pretty good matchup as well.) Remember in 2010, Oregon manhandled virtually everyone they played (Cal being the exception) and they couldn't get by Auburn for the title. There is much love for the SEC because of one thing....they are flat out better. (my opinion of course)

IF there is any media bias, I believe it is more of a PAC 12 bias. USC has been the media darling for years & years.