Top Posters In This Topic

So let's see where we are today:

1) October unemployment, 7.9% - if you believe the numbers

2) Incomes continue to decline

3) Long term rate rises to 40.6 plus percent

4) Black unemployment to 14.3%

5) Food stamp growth 75 PERCENT greater than job growth

6) Obamacare tax form requires Americans to report PRIVATE medical information

7) 4 Americans were killed needlessly...and we still don't have answers.

8) We've got youngsters telling the media if Romney wins, they'll be back in the fields.

That's just today....

8) We've got youngsters telling the media if Romney wins, they'll be back in the fields.

That's just today....

1.why shouldn't we believe the numbers. Same people who put out unemployment rates for the last 40+ yrs. Now all of a sudden, when Obama in office, your skeptical of the numbers. 8% unemployment is nothing to brag about. Unless you are considering the fact that GW Bush policies got it up to 10%

2. Middle incomes have been declining since the 80's.

296census0913.jpg (The Washington Post/Source: U.S. Census) - Shifting income nationwide.

3. Black unemployment has always been higher than the nation average.

chart-black-unemployment.top.gif

4. Actually you can call GW Bush and Obama foodstamp presidents. Because food stamps have been going up since 2000.

food-stamp-costs.gif

why shouldn't we believe the numbers. Same people who put out unemployment rates for the last 40+ yrs. Now all of a sudden, when Obama in office, your skeptical of the numbers. 8% unemployment is nothing to brag about. Unless you are considering the fact that GW Bush policies got it up to 10%

Bush's policies or Congress's policies?

Parent I have to disagree with you only on the college points.

Most employers are going to give preference to the Division 1 state schools unless you are planning to stay locally to regionally in the area.

One of the biggest things a state school offers but does not mention is besides the diploma is the bigger opportunity base to network for future jobs versus the small community college.

I admire your trying, but that's not so. Employers have become extremely picky, because well, they can. At this point, they not only want someone with good grades coming from college, but also a ton of common sense, and work experience... I emphasize that work experience, especially in their chosen field.

Bigger opportunity base? The colleges may say that, but how many actually come out of college with a job? Not to mention, we'll talking an Associates Degree versus a Bachelor's Degree...sure, some employers want and require Bachelor's Degrees, but that doesn't mean that you have to borrow $40,000 just to get that Bachelor's Degree. Not to mention, are these kids and their parents actually looking at how long it'll take to pay back those loans? Seriously, that's literally a house!

Good for you. I hope all dilusional people do the same instead of casting a default 3rd party vote for Barry.

Disillusion is perception my friend.

I did vote on the rest of the ballot. Much of the state positions are virtually unopposed.

1.why shouldn't we believe the numbers. Same people who put out unemployment rates for the last 40+ yrs. Now all of a sudden, when Obama in office, your skeptical of the numbers. 8% unemployment is nothing to brag about. Unless you are considering the fact that GW Bush policies got it up to 10%

2.296census0913.jpg (The Washington Post/Source: U.S. Census) - Shifting income nationwide.

Let me ask you a simple question, since this comes from the U.S. Census... did you fill in all the information? I didn't. And wonder how many folks didn't?

And I'm not saying I trust the numbers from any standing administration... you know as well as I do, that that "percentage" is skewed.

That's just today....

Proof positive that we're better off than four years ago!

2. Middle incomes have been declining since the 80's.

296census0913.jpg (The Washington Post/Source: U.S. Census) - Shifting income nationwide.

3. Black unemployment has always been higher than the nation average.

chart-black-unemployment.top.gif

Sorry, just saw the black unemployment rate... wonder what year that was, where it dipped so low?

I admire your trying, but that's not so. Employers have become extremely picky, because well, they can. At this point, they not only want someone with good grades coming from college, but also a ton of common sense, and work experience... I emphasize that work experience, especially in their chosen field.

Bigger opportunity base? The colleges may say that, but how many actually come out of college with a job? Not to mention, we'll talking an Associates Degree versus a Bachelor's Degree...sure, some employers want and require Bachelor's Degrees, but that doesn't mean that you have to borrow $40,000 just to get that Bachelor's Degree. Not to mention, are these kids and their parents actually looking at how long it'll take to pay back those loans? Seriously, that's literally a house!

By bigger opportunity base, we are talking about the potential networking at community college vs state school. You'd be suprised that many students hold jobs while being in school at Tech. Even me while at graduate school, I hold two jobs.

The loan business had the conversations with the parentals yesterday.

Good for you. I hope all dilusional people do the same instead of casting a default 3rd party vote for Barry.

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMM......must meditate more and keep repeating the mantra my masters told me........OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMM

39. Oh, and he gave the order to send troops in after Osama Bin Laden -- and has decimated al-Qaeda's senior leadership.

Actually, no, it has since been revealed by reliable sources that it was Leon Panetta that gave the order to take out bin Laden, not Obama. Valerie Jarrett had talked Obama out of the raid. Barry was off playing golf and had to be recalled to watch the event. The only thing Barry has decimated is our economy and foreign policy. :P

Actually you left out the real "key" word ... black

No, I said what I meant, but if it makes you feel better, Give me the Al Green singing "BLACK" guy instead of the Stiff "White guy" anyday.

Ok......Is that better. KIRT. It never fails, you mention race.

The people that are criticizing you, are in the same party as Todd Akin, Michelle Bachmann,Rick Santorium, Sarah Palin, and all the other wingnuts.

Wow, where do I begin......(I feel like a kid in a candy store.)

Willie Nelson, Michael Moore, Bill Maher, Alec Baldwin, Janet Napolitano, John Edwards (such a great husband he was), Susan Sarandon, Jesse Jackson, Jerry Springer, Lady Gaga, P. Diddy, Al Franken, Al Sharpton, Rosie O'Donnell, Jane Fonda...hell, how many loons would you like me to list? I could go forever if I were to include the naive, dumb, mis or uninformed, felons, the entitled, the lazy.......

Wow, where do I begin......(I feel like a kid in a candy store.)

Willie Nelson, Michael Moore, Bill Maher, Alec Baldwin, Janet Napolitano, John Edwards (such a great husband he was), Susan Sarandon, Jesse Jackson, Jerry Springer, Lady Gaga, P. Diddy, Al Franken, Al Sharpton, Rosie O'Donnell, Jane Fonda...hell, how many loons would you like me to list? I could go forever if I were to include the naive, dumb, mis or uninformed, felons, the entitled, the lazy.......

hmm.....I don't remember any of them saying crazy things like a woman can't get pregnant if raped. HPV vaccine causes kids to be retarded, or that they think Condoms are bad.

And,what's wrong with P.Diddy? I would take him over Meatloaf anyday. And lets not get started on Republicans who have cheated on their ill wives (Newt Gingrich).

and do you really want to count the number of people who vote republican that receive entitlments.

by the way, a poll of Mississippi and Alabama republicans revealed that 29% of Miss. Republicans thought Interacial marriage should be illegal and 21% of Alabama republicans.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/mar/12/news/la-pn-poll-obamas-a-muslim-to-many-gop-voters-in-alabama-mississippi-20120312

hmm.....I don't remember any of them saying crazy things like a woman can't get pregnant if raped. HPV vaccine causes kids to be retarded, or that they think Condoms are bad.

And,what's wrong with P.Diddy? I would take him over Meatloaf anyday. And lets not get started on Republicans who have cheated on their ill wives (Newt Gingrich).

and do you really want to count the number of people who vote republican that receive entitlments.

by the way, a poll of Mississippi and Alabama republicans revealed that 29% of Miss. Republicans thought Interacial marriage should be illegal and 21% of Alabama republicans.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/mar/12/news/la-pn-poll-obamas-a-muslim-to-many-gop-voters-in-alabama-mississippi-20120312

Yeah, you have a point about P.Diddy. I think that I'd take him over ML too.

I'm at work and don't have time to pull up outrageous statements and quotes from notable demopsychos. Alec Baldwin, Bill Maher. C'mon!!! Just between those two, I bet that one can pull up pages of off-the-wall, hateful quotes.