Honey Grove vs Boles

HGWarriorFan

Our boys came onto last weeks game kinda bored. Hope that game woke them up. But when you have 400+ yards of offense you are still doing good. Remove the novice penalties and 50 points are scored. I thought they had that problem fixed. Obviously not. This could end a playoff run. My hope is they come in focused with a blowout mission. I expect 50 pts on the board to redeem my confidence.

The offense is so smooth. QB has great command of the offense and reads the defense well. The only thing that has slowed the offense is themselves. That offensive line creates huge holes. I think their chances of winning a few playoff games or good. But to go deep they will have to step it up another notch.

I was at the Cooper game last week. You had them on there heels. You broke down the middle of there defense in the second half. CV also made several mistakes that cost them. All these teams need to work on fixing mistakes to go deep in the playoffs. Cooper is my #2 team behind HG. I made two playoff games last year. I just hope we all can get out this Friday with no injuries. I plan to attend Coopers first playoff game.

HG should role in this game. Bowie and Boles run similar offenses but Boles is more of an outside attack and I don't think they have the speed necessary to get outside on HG.

Even though I believe the Warriors went into last week's game kind of flat and uninspired, I do think it exposed a weakness in their team. The Pirates ran right at the HG defense in a very physical style and Honey Grove really couldn't stop it. Only when the Pirates got down by 9 points and had to start throwing late did the Warrior's speed come into play on defense. As far as I know this was the first team they played that did not run a spread offense. If HG faces a team with a power game AND speed on defense they may be in trouble.

HG has the kids to stiffen up the A and B Gaps. So far they are only playing offensive line. It is all about managing injuries before the playoffs. HG has a greater weakness on defense. But I will keep it to myself. I love a good pounding offense. HG like many teams going into the playoffs still have plenty to improve upon.

Don't think I have ever seen a ref call both teams to the middle of the field and talk to them for 15 mins. They should have been throwing flags for the none sense that was going on. Again not sure they r in good enough shape to even keep up with the game. Sad. We lost 3 players at Boles last year to knee injuries. All that cut blocking. I am proud of how our boys handled it.