Garrison vs. Paul Pewitt

easttxoc

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<br/>What I'm wondering is... How come you want to be a smartazz for no reason, he was'nt being smart aleck to you or anyone else and didn't deserve that type of comment, imo! How Cool and Authenic is that?<br/>
<br/><br/><br/>

Thanks for the back up Bigdav. I think ole Kirt is an EF hater, seems like there's been a number of times he has had something uncool to say about EF.

Pewitt is 2-1 against Garrison in playoff action. Hopefully we can notch another win this Friday.

2005 Pewitt 49-13 Quarter Finals

2004 Pewitt 24- 0 Area Round

2003 Garrison 50-29 Regionals

I was thinking it would be more fair if we evened it up at 2-2. LOL. Haven't seen yall play in a while, but back then your boys were players and knew how to get it done.

What I'm wondering is... How come you want to be a smartazz for no reason, he was'nt being smart aleck to you or anyone else and didn't deserve that type of comment, imo! How Cool and Authenic is that?

What would be cool is if somebody could explain why the orange yeller jackets. :P

What would be cool is if somebody could explain why the orange yeller jackets. :P

It's just one of them things that make you ask questions, like why is all them big rocks lined up like that in England (StoneHenge), What happened to Alantis, how did the Indians get over here? Something's just don't have no answers or explanations, it's just the way it is, lol!

<br/><br/><br/>

Win or lose we don't have to worry about PP representing our district well. They are well coached and well behaved, class act all the way, proud to be in the same district. Good luck Brahma's hope that Bull blows a lot this week. BTW was thinking how cool it would be if all your fans had cowbells at the games. Need to get bull horn to go with the bull when he blows. lol.

Thanks for noticing. I for one take proud in how our boys act. We do have cowbells. We bring them out in the playoffs.

It has been a while since Pewitt has been the underdog in the Bi-district round ! Just glad to still be playing football, underdog or not. Still hate it for the Waskom kids.

I went back and looked at both schools records since the '93 season, which would be 20 years including this season. Without posting each season's Win/Loss individually, I came up with Garrison 172 wins - 70 losses for a 71.1 % winning total with 16 playoff appearances during that span. Paul Pewitt had 170 wins - 81 losses for a 67.7% winning total with 17 playoff appearances during that span. This does not have any bearing on this week's game, but I found it interesting that these young men for both teams come from a strong heritage of winning football games. Many would look at this and not understand how this correlates to their character on and off of the field, and the roles they play on their campuses' and communities'. To me it speaks volumes of what the educational system is all about, producing a product that performs through hard work, dedication and the ability to achieve goals. In this process there is also the aspect of dealing with adversity and hardship, which both teams have experienced this season through losses. The nature of the beast says there can be only one winner this week, as determined by points scored. When all is said and done, the history of these two schools shows that these young men will remain "Winners" and move on to new and exciting goals. Roll On Dogs!

I went back and looked at both schools records since the '93 season, which would be 20 years including this season. Without posting each season's Win/Loss individually, I came up with Garrison 172 wins - 70 losses for a 71.1 % winning total with 16 playoff appearances during that span. Paul Pewitt had 170 wins - 81 losses for a 67.7% winning total with 17 playoff appearances during that span. This does not have any bearing on this week's game, but I found it interesting that these young men for both teams come from a strong heritage of winning football games. Many would look at this and not understand how this correlates to their character on and off of the field, and the roles they play on their campuses' and communities'. To me it speaks volumes of what the educational system is all about, producing a product that performs through hard work, dedication and the ability to achieve goals. In this process there is also the aspect of dealing with adversity and hardship, which both teams have experienced this season through losses. The nature of the beast says there can be only one winner this week, as determined by points scored. When all is said and done, the history of these two schools shows that these young men will remain "Winners" and move on to new and exciting goals. Roll On Dogs!

Pewitt has 18 playoff appearances in last 20 years. Pewitt missed playoffs in 1994 & 2007. Garrison missed playoffs in 1993, 2006, 2007 & 2008. Great run by both schools.

Pewitt has 18 playoff appearances in last 20 years. Pewitt missed playoffs in 1994 & 2007. Garrison missed playoffs in 1993, 2006, 2007 & 2008. Great run by both schools.

You are correct, the 4-8 record in '01 I overlooked. Just asking, how did they get into the playoffs that year with a 3-7 regular season record? I assume all of their wins came in district play, then one win and one loss in the playoffs. The worst record Garrison ever got into the playoffs with during that span was a 6-4 regular season record, finishing 6-5 in '96. With the new system expanding next year, you will see "playoff" teams with 1-9 and possibly a 0-10 records from districts with only 4 teams. The Archer City/Olney game in 1A DII had that scenario this year, 4 teams in district play and Archer City/Olney both entered the final game 0-9. Archer City won and advanced into the playoffs 1-9, same scenario next season puts Olney in at 0-10 and could end the year 0-11 with a "Playoff Streak" going.

Pewitt has always played tough teams in pre-district. That is why there are not many undefeated teams going into the playoffs from them. In 98 when we won state we lost 3 games. Pewitt record would have been 3-7 this time as well except for the forfeit by Waskom making it 4-6*. So our winning percentage will be lower but our strength of schedule makes up for that in my opinion. I hear it all the time that people wish we would play creampuffs in predistrict like Prairiland is famous for. I personally would rather be 7-3 District Champions than 9-1 Runnerups.

Pewitt has always played tough teams in pre-district. That is why there are not many undefeated teams going into the playoffs from them. In 98 when we won state we lost 3 games. Pewitt record would have been 3-7 this time as well except for the forfeit by Waskom making it 4-6*. So our winning percentage will be lower but our strength of schedule makes up for that in my opinion. I hear it all the time that people wish we would play creampuffs in predistrict like Prairiland is famous for. I personally would rather be 7-3 District Champions than 9-1 Runnerups.

I understand the scheduling portion, the more you win the harder it becomes to schedule that sure "W" when teams will not play you. Speaking from my personal experience at Garrison, the years the Bulldogs did not make the playoffs it was simply not enough talent to do so. Nothing against those staffs or players involved, it was just not meant to be. The Bulldogs took a lot of heat in '10 because they dropped to the 1A DI level and won against schools of similar size. That team only had 3 returning starters from a 9-3 2A DII team in '09 and caught a lot of breaks by winning four 1-point games on their way to a 13-1 record and Semi-Final appearance. In '11 the Bulldogs returned 8/7 starters and posted a 12-2 record and another 1A DI Semi-Final appearance, losing to DI State Champions Mason and DII State Champions Tenaha. This year's team reminds me a lot of the '10 team in the aspect that they did not return many starters, but they were all successful at every level they played at prior to hitting the varsity level. This group has fought their way through a tough learning curve on the season, and is reaping the rewards for their dedication and patience. How long they stay in the playoffs will be determined by their willingness to continue to learn and commit to "All In". There is still honor in losing to a more talented team, but only unanswered questions of "What if"? when you become satisfied with where you are. All teams are 0-0 to start the third season, only consistency and execution will get you to 1-0 and live to play another day. Roll On Dogs!

+100 ....that was a pleasure reading.

After watching film on the Brahmas, they will be the biggest O-line the Bulldogs have faced this season. It will be crucial for our D-line to hold their ground, read keys and allow the LB's to roam free to make tackles. The Bulldogs have faced some physical O-lines this year in Arp, San Augustine and Winona, so I expect them to be prepared for the challenge. One thing you know that a Garrison team will bring into a game is physical play, this week's opponent will make them have to take it up a notch with their size. To me our defense needs to win the first down battle to keep Pewitt in 2nd and long and 3rd and long, in order to limit their playbook options. It will be interesting to see how the Brahma defense plays the spread, since they have stacked the box against most teams to utilize their size. It sure is fun to have another week to talk Bulldog Football and I am greedy and want to talk about it again next week. Roll On Dogs!

I didn't know Garrison ran the spread, that could be a huge advantage for you guys.

The new staff implemented it this season. It was a tough learning curve, but the players have adjusted and are starting to make it their own. The offensive line had the most work to do in learning new techniques and footwork and have continued to gel as a unit as the season has progressed. The Bulldogs only start one Senior on the O-line, so youth and inexperience played a big role for mistakes made early. The skill positions are quick and do a good job of running routes and blocking downfield. When this package clicks it is hard to stop and can produce the big play at any given moment. Roll On Dogs!