How 'bout those Texas Aggies! SEC WHO?

Grindin

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not an Aggie fan either, but I sure give them a lot of credit for what they did to Bama today! Wow!

What a boost in recruiting this should give A&M! And at the same time some of those studs that would have signed with UT or OU, will probably choose A&M now.

A flipping HUGE win for the Aggies in more ways than one!

There's a pretty good chance that this loss prevents a SEC team from playing in the National Championship game; and a former Big 12 team to boot did it.

I see all of this bragging about an ex-Big XII school knocking of the SEC 's defending national champion. I remember some quotes "We are glad you are leaving!" "You will get killed in the SEC, and you thought you had it bad in the Big XII." "The Aggies don't deserve to even be mentioned as part of the Big XII."

Now all of you are bragging about it? You want them back now? There is a reason Aggies chose the SEC over the Bevo XII. They wanted to separate themselves from UT. They got their marquee win, which will no doubt boost recruiting, boosters, reputation, and ranking. All of that usually comes with becoming a part of the SEC if you win. And I am pretty sure that Aggie and K State would be an undefeated match-up if A&M still resided in the Longhorn Network, aka the Big XII.

That was a great win by Texas A&M.

But let's not crown them an SEC contender yet. Let the honeymoon wear off first.

Come back in 4 years and lets see how it washes out.

Four years my ####. I'm a Longhorn fan, but they deserve props for what they did THIS YEAR. Manziel probably won't beat out Klein this year for the Heisman because he's a freshman, but he has to be the leading contender going into next season. A&M deserves fully credit this season, not prove it again bs.

Four years my ####. I'm a Longhorn fan, but they deserve props for what they did THIS YEAR. Manziel probably won't beat out Klein this year for the Heisman because he's a freshman, but he has to be the leading contender going into next season. A&M deserves fully credit this season, not prove it again bs.

Manziel shouldn't beat out Klein and not because he's a freshman. Klein is undefeated and Manziel has 2 or 3 bad games including 2 losses. That said, he was great against Alabama. Props to the aggies.

I see all of this bragging about an ex-Big XII school knocking of the SEC 's defending national champion. I remember some quotes "We are glad you are leaving!" "You will get killed in the SEC, and you thought you had it bad in the Big XII." "The Aggies don't deserve to even be mentioned as part of the Big XII."

Now all of you are bragging about it? You want them back now? There is a reason Aggies chose the SEC over the Bevo XII. They wanted to separate themselves from UT. They got their marquee win, which will no doubt boost recruiting, boosters, reputation, and ranking. All of that usually comes with becoming a part of the SEC if you win. And I am pretty sure that Aggie and K State would be an undefeated match-up if A&M still resided in the Longhorn Network, aka the Big XII.

So much fail and butthurt in this post.

#1 we are glad they're gone, and no we don't want them back.

#2 The aggies were a perrenial mediocre team in the Big 12 and just thumped the SECSECSEC best team in their stadium.

The SECSECSEC is overrated, and it dang sure looks like you guys won't even be playing in the NC game. Guess the streak is over LMAO!!!!!!!

So much fail and butthurt in this post.

#1 we are glad they're gone, and no we don't want them back.

#2 The aggies were a perrenial mediocre team in the Big 12 and just thumped the SECSECSEC best team in their stadium.

The SECSECSEC is overrated, and it dang sure looks like you guys won't even be playing in the NC game. Guess the streak is over LMAO!!!!!!!

Butt hurt? What is there for me to be angry about? Your best team in the Big XII has 1 outstanding players surrounded by average to above average teammates. What does that say about your league? Your third best team, entered your league from the MOUNTAIN WEST. Unless for some delusional reason you think Texas has proven enough in their last 2 games to be better... I think the best team in the Big XII left and went to the SECSECSEC... sounds like butt hurt to me. Scroll up, your Big XII guys are taking credit for the Big XII for a huge upset win by an SEC school over an SEC school.

Congratulations Big XII... Possibly your best team jumped ship to the SEC.

Butt hurt? What is there for me to be angry about? Your best team in the Big XII has 1 outstanding players surrounded by average to above average teammates. What does that say about your league? Your third best team, entered your league from the MOUNTAIN WEST. Unless for some delusional reason you think Texas has proven enough in their last 2 games to be better... I think the best team in the Big XII left and went to the SECSECSEC... sounds like butt hurt to me. Scroll up, your Big XII guys are taking credit for the Big XII for a huge upset win by an SEC school over an SEC school.

It's ridiculous since our coaching staff and starting QB never sniffed the big12.

Somebody needs to quit judging team talent by recruiting rankings.

It's ridiculous since our coaching staff and starting QB never sniffed the big12.

Your team was recruited for BIG XII play and your offense is more consistent with the BIG XII.

The reason people, including myself, brought it up because I think the SEC is over-rated. It's almost as if an SEC team losing to another SEC team doesn't count as a loss. It's more like a third of a loss. Florida is a perfect example. Close wins against A&M and LSU and then destroys SC puts them at #2 until they lose to Georgia. Now we see them struggle against Mizzou and La-Lafayette. Look at Georgia - they get hammered by SC but beat Florida, so now they are back in the Top 5.

Are the top teams in the SEC good? Yeah, of course, but there are really good teams all over the country. Seeing what the Aggies did to Alabama yesterday just reaffirms what I thought last year. Oklahoma St. would have given LSU all they wanted in the NC game. I think OSU would have won. But OSU lost and a team that didn't even win their own division won the NC.

I don't think big 12 is taking credit for the win. Just stating that its much harder to prepare for the high flying offenses from week to week, than it is in a bowl game.

No doubt ATM is a SEC team but their offense is still very much like that of a big 12 team.

As a Horn fan, the aggies are all yours SEC.

I don't think big 12 is taking credit for the win. Just stating that its much harder to prepare for the high flying offenses from week to week, than it is in a bowl game.

No doubt ATM is a SEC team but their offense is still very much like that of a big 12 team.

As a Horn fan, the aggies are all yours SEC.

It's just like the whole SEC taking credit when one team wins the national title.

Friday night at a high school game I sat in front of some parents that were Aggies. It was during pre-game, so not much going on worth watching on the field. I listened as they talked about the big game with Alabama. Then out of no where they started talking about the Longhorns. How sorry we were this year, how our high school team would give them a tough game (probably beat UT), and how they are hoping for a Cotton Bowl match-up. They had no doubt that Manziel would break all Cotton Bowl records and the Aggies would win by at least 50. At that point I had to turn around and speak. I congratulated them on the current season by the Aggies and told them I would be pulling for them against Alabama. But I also told them they had no idea how things were going in Austin and asked why they thought they'd do so well against Texas after the Horns won in CS last year with Fire Marshall Bill at QB. They told me the refs cheated and they didn't have Manziel last year. Whereas I reminded them they had a Top 10 NFL draft pick at QB.

PS - not to say these folks were your typical Aggies. But they made me laugh throughout the game as they hollered at officials, coaches and players. The last straw was the dad yelling at our kickoff team that we had to "Block better" after the other team gashed us to about midfield on a return.

Your being severly delusional if you think A&M wouldn't beat texas. Not by 50 but probably a 21 pt game for A&M. Texas is not that good and they proved it unless you watched another horn team. Its not that hard to look good against Kansas oh wait.

THE University of Texas is the hottest team in the Big 12 right now. We are turning it on at exactly the correct time. We would own you. Like we always did before you guys ran away.

Your being severly delusional if you think A&M wouldn't beat texas. Not by 50 but probably a 21 pt game for A&M. Texas is not that good and they proved it unless you watched another horn team. Its not that hard to look good against Kansas oh wait.

Wasn't that the view last Thanksgiving?

Cough, cough.

First of all, great win by the Ags yesterday. This is definitely not the same underachieving A&M team of years past. The future is bright and the nation is taking notice!

Lots of fans in Big XII country keep insisting that the SEC is overrated. I can understand this line of thinking because I also questioned the quality of the SEC up until four or five years ago. The problem is most people make these arguments based solely on conference records, not quality of competition within the conference. That is the reason the SEC has six teams ranked in the top 12 nationally, quality of competition. Look at the rest of the major conferences. Only the ACC has more than one team that could be competitive in the SEC. Go ahead and make your arguments for the Big XII. OU could in most years, but they seem to be a bit down this year. I think K-State is very overrated this year. Their only good win was over OU and they struggled against a very average Iowa State.

People are constantly comparing A&M's success this year to their results last year and using that as evidence that the SEC is down. By the same logic, Mizzou is proof that the SEC has superior competition to the Big XII. This years team is very similar to last years. Same coaching staff, system, core players, etc. Look at what they have done this season, they may not make a bowl!

It's true that last years A&M team had similar talent to this years, but that's where the similarities end. Last years team had terrible work ethic and it showed every week. That's a big reason why Sherman was fired. Sumlin has come in and changed the mentality of this team. He is getting the type of production out of these guys that we were expecting last season, and then some. This years A&M team would very likely run the table in the Big XII.

As far as who should have played in the BCS Championship last season, the BCS got it right. I agree OK-State could have given LSU a good game, but they lost to freaking Iowa State. Nobody deserves an opportunity to play for a national title after that kind of debacle. You can argue that Bama had one loss as well, but they lost to a high quality opponent.

Go ahead and make your little arguments about why the SEC is overrated. The ignorance is amusing.

So the computer polls that have no emotion & are recognized by the BCS are ignorant when the rank the Big XII ahead of the SEC? I recognize the quality of the teams the top of the SEC. I also recognize the fall off after the top 7 is sizable in the SEC. When I look at a conference, I look at all the teams and not just the marque teams.

So the computer polls that have no emotion & are recognized by the BCS are ignorant when the rank the Big XII ahead of the SEC? I recognize the quality of the teams the top of the SEC. I also recognize the fall off after the top 7 is sizable in the SEC. When I look at a conference, I look at all the teams and not just the marque teams.

Kansas vs Auburn to decide the top conference!