Hallsville Vs. Lucas LoveJoy

FootballHead

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Van's stadium is very nice, but it has nothing on City Bank Stadium in Forney. We Jackrabbit fans will roll out the welcome mat for both teams. As for Lovejoy, Forney playeed the Leopards in Week 0 and lost big. This team is big, fast and has made the jump to 4A without blinking an eye. Hoping for a good game come Friday.

What does Lovejoy do on offense? Are they balanced with the run and the pass? Do they favor one over the other? Do they win with offense or does their defense keep them going?

Lovejoy mixes it up between run and pass and they are not predictable. They run a no huddle hurry up offense that makes it tough for the defense to substitute.

Van's stadium is very nice, but it has nothing on City Bank Stadium in Forney. We Jackrabbit fans will roll out the welcome mat for both teams. As for Lovejoy, Forney playeed the Leopards in Week 0 and lost big. This team is big, fast and has made the jump to 4A without blinking an eye. Hoping for a good game come Friday.

This is the first post on any forum where I've seen this years Lovejoy team described as big and/or fast. Those words come up in describing them, but it's normally lead by a "NOT". They are fairly well disciplined, execute well, play hard, more athletic than they look and will run through walls for their coach. Nobody takes a play off. East Texas is a hard match up for Lovejoy because East Texas teams are equally disciplined but more athletic. Lovejoy has to play mistake free football and make quick coaching adjustments (something the previous staff failed at, you can't attempt adjustments at halftime).

Lovejoy is undefeated ( 7-0 in district), but they can be scored on. I'm pullin for the upset. get em cats! The winner gets Lancaster/Jacksonville in round 2.

Lovejoy gave up 30 points or more only twice. One was with backups in after we were up 42-0. The second time was against an excellent Wylie East Offense with multiple D1 players. I don't think they are as easy to score on as you might think.

Hallsville is a very talented team.. their only losses came to very good football teams.. they lost the opener to White House that game was 21-18 well in the 4th quarter before a blocked punt returned for a Td changed the whole momentum for WH. They lost by 7 to sulpher springs and loss by 6 on a game winning Td with less than 1 minute left to mount pleasant. So this is not a bad team at all it will closer then most think.. I'm hearing from sources that hallsville is very confident they will win this game.

Hallsville is a very talented team.. their only losses came to very good football teams.. they lost the opener to White House that game was 21-18 well in the 4th quarter before a blocked punt returned for a Td changed the whole momentum for WH. They lost by 7 to sulpher springs and loss by 6 on a game winning Td with less than 1 minute left to mount pleasant. So this is not a bad team at all it will closer then most think.. I'm hearing from sources that hallsville is very confident they will win this game.

I'm expecting a hard fought game. I've been checking out Hallsville's record all season. They played a tough schedule. I don't know what kind of size or speed they have.

What does Lovejoy do on offense? Are they balanced with the run and the pass? Do they favor one over the other? Do they win with offense or does their defense keep them going?

Since new head coach and his OC were together at Lake Travis for mulitple state titles as the OC and WR coach, I would say get ready for whatever they do to be faster paced than anything Hallsville has seen all year. Everyone who has seen Lake Travis play knows that they are going to try to score as fast and as often as possible, but make no mistake those guys play fantastic defensive football, which only means they pride themselves with that. Lovejoy will be no different. They will score fast and fly to the ball. Why, because that's what good football teams do. They don't favor one over the other, they favor all 3 phases. They will take exactly what Hallsville gives them and have a plan for every single wrinkle. Big time edge to Lovejoy!

Since new head coach and his OC were together at Lake Travis for mulitple state titles as the OC and WR coach, I would say get ready for whatever they do to be faster paced than anything Hallsville has seen all year. Everyone who has seen Lake Travis play knows that they are going to try to score as fast and as often as possible, but make no mistake those guys play fantastic defensive football, which only means they pride themselves with that. Lovejoy will be no different. They will score fast and fly to the ball. Why, because that's what good football teams do. They don't favor one over the other, they favor all 3 phases. They will take exactly what Hallsville gives them and have a plan for every single wrinkle. Big time edge to Lovejoy!

Disagree! Hallsville played SS in week 8. SS averages 68 offensive plays a game. Lovejoy averages 60.

JMO, Lovejoy looks a lot like SS to me just slower at the skill positions on offense and much more disciplined on defense.

Sorry for such an open-ended question, but what allowed your Leopards to make such an easy jump to 4A in your opinion? What a regular season!

New Coach!!! Freshman Quarterback!!!

We have had more talent, size and speed in the past (09-10 and 10-11). But they had attitudes. They came into the season out of shape and thought the rules didn't apply to them. The new coach is not only an offensive genius, but he is an incredible motivator. He doesn't hesitate to make adjustments where in the past the previous coaching staff would wait until the half to make adjustments.

We had some kids not play this season. They didn't like the spring ball conditioning and wanted to take a year off or play another sport/activity. They mainly thought we wouldn't do that well and didn't want to take their lumps. Those kids now regret it and want back on the field... When a few of them didn't play I asked them why and they said "we aren't going to be that good anyway".

In all honestly most teams we play are bigger (some substantially), faster and have more players. This team is very resilient. They are never, ever, ever out of the game. They have had every type of victory possible. They don't have the raw talent of a lot of team but they maximize all their potential.

The Freshman QB is amazing. He never quits his reads, he is more athletic than teams know and he is always composed. The kid gets better and better every week. When his fellow Freshman join him on varsity they are going to be something special.

In the preseason I was just hoping to keep the playoff streak alive. When they were down 24-7 at the half to Frisco a lot of fans left (wine and cheese crowd). I told a few they were going to miss the comeback of the year. They laughed at me and asked me to text them scores. They thought I was kidding when I started texting the scores on the comeback (35-24). At the next game they found out we won and I was giving them real scores (like I said, wine and cheese crowd) all of a sudden they were huge fans...

Half of those fans have Lovejoy penciled into Jerry World. Those that follow HS football know we have a very hard row to hoe and it starts in Forney against Hallsville. I'm assuming being East Texas and based off their record that Hallsville will have a combination of athlete's and discipline...