Dear Aggies......

BayouBengal

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And explain to me why it would be smart to wait until the team has changed for its new conference. If you're going to compare a lightweight fighter to a heavy weight, are you going to wait until he puts on enough weight to be a heavyweight first? No. Because now he is a heavyweight and no longer a lightweight.

The Big 12 and SEC recruits different style of players. Especially on the defense. Texas A&M is still built mostly with players recruited while in the Big 12. In 5-10 years they will be a team filled entirely with players recruited to suit the SEC. Thus, the best time to make the comparison is NOW, not later.

THAT is called logic...and the way smart people look at it.

So your telling me that aTm is having all this success in the SEC with players recruited for the Big XII and now they are going to scrap that recruiting and go after SEC type players. They, with Big XII type players, beat the best team in the SEC, who has SEC type players.

Scrap what's working for ya, NOW THAT is true Aggie logic!

No, what I said is a FACT. Look up the difference before asking someone else if they're stupid! A&M DID NOT have the success over the course of their Big 12 career that they have already had in their first season in the SEC. THAT IS A FACT!!! Me then using those facts in a debate between two football conferences is called LOGIC!

As for as those 'experts', getting paid to give your 'opinion' as it relates to sports does NOT make you an expert. The only difference between them and us is more people hear their 'opinions' than ours. People that had to go to school for 8+ years studying for their professions, those are experts.

BTW, posting your self portrait isn't really relevant to the conversation :lol:

Did aTm never have a good season in the Big XII where they finished 1st or 2nd in their division? If they did then let's compare that year and this year. Even though they are still THIRD PLACE in the west SEC.

So your telling me that aTm is having all this success in the SEC with players recruited for the Big XII and now they are going to scrap that recruiting and go after SEC type players. They, with Big XII type players, beat the best team in the SEC, who has SEC type players.

Scrap what's working for ya, NOW THAT is true Aggie logic!

Are they "Big XII type players" or Kevin Sumlin type players? Huge difference.

Did aTm never have a good season in the Big XII where they finished 1st or 2nd in their division? If they did then let's compare that year and this year. Even though they are still THIRD PLACE in the west SEC.

Yea, let's use a team that doesn't have any players from that year on the current team to compare. Because THAT is logic.

Here's a better idea. Since teams from 4, 5, 6, etc years ago don't make a difference in this argument, let's just look at most recent...

Texas A&M Big 12 conference record in 2011 - 4-5

Texas A&M SEC conference record in 2012 - 5-2

You don't have to be an Einstein to see which conference they had an easier time winning in. Well, from the comments from a few of you...I guess you do.

NO!!!

You can bring in opinions ALL DAY about how you THINK A&M would finish in the Big 12 this year. The only problem with that is they had 13 years to prove otherwise. And do you really think this is the first time they had a great team where the fans predicted a great season? NO.

As I said before, they averaged only 4 conference wins a year over 13 years in the Big 12...They already have 6 in the SEC.

they averaged only 6 overall wins a year over 13 years in the Big 12...they already have 8 in the SEC.

And this all being in only their 1st season.

Sorry, but it's simple logic. If you can win in one conference and not another, well that kinda speaks for itself doesn't it? It's no different than all the people who have ever argued about teams like TCU, Boise, BYU, etc...It's the same thing!

We've had this discussion already but I'll say it again just for giggles. You are flat out wrong in saying your post is logical. This is a new offensive scheme, new defensive scheme, new HC, new opponents, new qb.... There is absolutely nothing comparable from this aggie team to the last 13 years. You cannot compare the two without having something similar to use as a base. Say 15 years from now you can then draw comparisons over their records over a 15 year span but that's about it. Trying to say that the big 12 is better than the sec because this aggie team is playing well is illogical. There are far too many differences in this team to other A&M seasons to compare results...

Yea, let's use a team that doesn't have any players from that year on the current team to compare. Because THAT is logic.

It also makes sense to compare an aTm squad that has at least 8-10 new starters this year as compared to last year? Let's compare the coaching philosophies, oh wait that changed too.

Congratulations on your big win over Alabama. You definitely snuck in and out of Tuscaloosa. Nobody thought you could do it and nobody thinks you could do it again, but that doesn't matter. You did it once and that's all it takes.

You haven't even been in the greatest football conference in the land for a year and you're already screwing things up. Didn't you get the memo? The SEC is supposed to win the BCS title EVERY YEAR. Now you may have gone and messed that up. Leave it to aggy to mess up a good thing.

You are much better than expected, but please....please.....PLEASE settle down. You are embarrassing the best football conference in the country. This could very easily be your biggest win in program history. At least recent history. That is unless you want to count a recent win over your big brother. Act like you've won a big game before. Act like you knew you could do it. Act like a BIG BOY in a conference full of big boys. This conference sees these kind of games every year and you are blessed to now be a part of it.

I'll bet you're wishing you would've stayed with big brother.....you're probably thinking you could win the Big 12.

Sincerely,

BayouBengal

SEC East Texas Representative

couldn't do it again? Hell the game shouldn't have even been close. Ags were taking it to them. They finally held a team off. The more experience this team gets under Sumlin's watch the more and more they'll learn how to close one out. This weekend started that transformation. A&M dominated that game.

All I know is that this years Aggie offense is averaging 4 more points per game than last years team. The defense has played better, except for the 1 game they played against a good offense. The defense has played better because of the bad offenses they face in the SEC.

We also aren't blowing 2nd half leads like a cheap new York street walker.

Our coaching staff this year> our coaching staff last year

That's all it boils down to. There is a reason Sumlin has been a coach of the year finalist more than once.

It also makes sense to compare an aTm squad that has at least 8-10 new starters this year as compared to last year? Let's compare the coaching philosophies, oh wait that changed too.

Have I once said that there are not any changes on this current A&M team? No. However, it is STILL closer to last years Big 12 team than it ever will be again. THAT is why no other year will be as comparible to this conversation as last year and this year.

If you want to do this the scientific way (repeated results), A&M would need to start off by having old RC as the head coach, quickly followed by Fran and Sherman. Then it would be fair to compare them.

Heck you could even go as far as the strength coach. Larry Jackson has done wonders for us this year.

We've had this discussion already but I'll say it again just for giggles. You are flat out wrong in saying your post is logical. This is a new offensive scheme, new defensive scheme, new HC, new opponents, new qb.... There is absolutely nothing comparable from this aggie team to the last 13 years. You cannot compare the two without having something similar to use as a base. Say 15 years from now you can then draw comparisons over their records over a 15 year span but that's about it. Trying to say that the big 12 is better than the sec because this aggie team is playing well is illogical. There are far too many differences in this team to other A&M seasons to compare results...

So you admit that the most logical comparison would be with having a team closest to what they had in their final season in the Big 12?

But you also believe that you would have a better comparison for that 15 years from now as opposed to right now?

Very logical.

So you admit that the most logical comparison would be with having a team closest to what they had in their final season in the Big 12?

But you also believe that you would have a better comparison for that 15 years from now as opposed to right now?

Very logical.

Look at what Arkansas did to us the last two years and look at what we did to them this year. If you want to comlare results but ignore coaching changes that's the best way to look at it.

I guess TCU and West Virginia doing much worse than they've done in recent years has nothing to do with the conference change either? They would be losing in the MWC and Big East this year too!

Most intelligent people realized that yalls "upgrades" were coming from crappy conferences.

I don't think anyone can deny the difference for the Aggies this year has been their QB play. I also think their is some truth to the idea that the offenses in the SEC are not as strong as what the Aggies have faced in the past years while playing in the BIG XII. Likewise, the defense is stronger in the SEC.

I don't know how A&M would have done in the BIG XII this year. I think it's fair to say they would be competing for the conference championship. But I also think it's fair to say they might finish as low as 4th or 5th.

Sumlin has done a great job to this point, and I have been impressed with the OC. He seems a little cocky, but what do you expect from a QB that played for the pirate himself. I do think both the OC and Manziel need to dial it in a little on the celebrations and cockiness. But cut them some slack this year. They are doing what most didn't think they could do - they are competing and winning in the SEC.

Very logical.

You are proving my point further... If this years A&M team and last years A&M team are the closest measuring sticks you have than you have no business comparing them. This team has a new HC, new coordinators, new schemes, new qb, new defensive secondary and is playing only 1 common opponent from last years schedule. How can you truly compare the two? It's not logical in the slightest. If this was still a team lead by Sherman and Deruyter then maybe I could understand but the variables are just too different to get an accurate judge.

Look at what Arkansas did to us the last two years and look at what we did to them this year. If you want to comlare results but ignore coaching changes that's the best way to look at it.

That would be a valid argument if Arkansas wasn't getting their behinds handed to them every week by the same teams they already played every year.

Most intelligent people realized that yalls "upgrades" were coming from crappy conferences.

You'll never hear me deny that. However, how is the situation different? It's not.

Well since most of the team was recruited by Mike Sherman they can't be Sumlin type players.

+1

I guess TCU and West Virginia doing much worse than they've done in recent years has nothing to do with the conference change either? They would be losing in the MWC and Big East this year too!

TCU has played more freshmen than anybody in the country this year. There is a very LOGICAL explanation.

After debating on whether or not to touch on WV, I guess I'll say it again. West Virginia didn't play defense well enough BEFORE the move and they sure don't know either. How many times will I have to tell you people that offense won't win it all?

We also aren't blowing 2nd half leads like a cheap new York street walker.

Our coaching staff this year> our coaching staff last year

That's all it boils down to. There is a reason Sumlin has been a coach of the year finalist more than once.

Hmmmm, so last year the offenses scored a ton of points on A&M in the 2nd half (like La Tech did this year). This year A&M is playing SEC offenses that aren't capable of putting up big numbers in the 2nd half and scoring quickly. A&M played 1 good offense this year, and they turned the game into a shootout that resembled many A&M games from last year. Coincidence?

TCU has played more freshmen than anybody in the country this year. There is a very LOGICAL explanation.

After debating on whether or not to touch on WV, I guess I'll say it again. West Virginia didn't play defense well enough BEFORE the move and they sure don't know either. How many times will I have to tell you people that offense won't win it all?

Whether or not WV plays defense is a moot point. As you yourself already pointed out, they didn't play defense in the Big East either. They still won. After they play OU Saturday, they will have lost 5 straight. You know the last time WV lost 5 games in a season...2003.