Dear Aggies......

BayouBengal

Whether or not WV plays defense is a moot point. As you yourself already pointed out, they didn't play defense in the Big East either. They still won. After they play OU Saturday, they will have lost 5 straight. You know the last time WV lost 5 games in a season...2003.

So WV has lost 5 straight before??? In the Big East right??? So this will be nothing new.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether or not WV plays defense is a moot point. As you yourself already pointed out, they didn't play defense in the Big East either. They still won. After they play OU Saturday, they will have lost 5 straight. You know the last time WV lost 5 games in a season...2003.

Let's hear some wisdom on the TCU comment. Can't wait......

So WV has lost 5 straight before??? In the Big East right??? So this will be nothing new.

I'm not sure the last time WV has lost 5 straight. I said the last time they lost 5 games in a season.

Do you read my full comments? I mean really, how many is this now that I had to clarify what I already said.

I'm not sure the last time WV has lost 5 straight. I said the last time they lost 5 games in a season.

Do you read my full comments? I mean really, how many is this now that I had to clarify what I already said.

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around your definition of opinion and fact. You said that the BCS was all based on opinion. Then your next sentence was that A&M could not win the Big 12 this year, and I was supposed to believe that was a fact.

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around your definition of opinion and fact. You said that the BCS was all based on opinion. Then your next sentence was that A&M could not win the Big 12 this year, and I was supposed to believe that was a fact.

Show me where I said A&M couldn't win the Big 12 this year.

The comment I made about "bottom line...A&M couldn't win in the Big 12", that comment meant overall, as in all the stats regarding 4 wins per year that I've listed.

Do I think A&M would win the Big 12 this year, no. And you're right, that would be an opinion. But that's not what I said before.

So you admit that the most logical comparison would be with having a team closest to what they had in their final season in the Big 12?

But you also believe that you would have a better comparison for that 15 years from now as opposed to right now?

Very logical.

Let's be logical:

Question: Is aTm doing better in the SEC than they did in the Big XII?

Yes! Right now they would be in 6th place in the SEC. In 2011 they finished in 7th place in the Big XII

1. Georgia 7-1

2. Florida 7-1

3. Alabama 6-1

4. South Carolina 6-2

5. LSU 4-2 (Only Ole Miss and Arkansas left. They will be 6-2 and have beat aTm

6. Texas A&M 5-2

In their first year in the SEC they will beat ONE team with a winning conference record: Alabama(6-1) The other SEC wins are Arkansas (2-4), Ole Miss (2-4), Auburn (0-7), Miss State (3-3).

Last year in the Big XII they beat ONE team with a winning conference record: Baylor (6-3) The other conference wins were Texas Tech (2-7), Iowa State (3-6), Kansas (0-9)

The brutal truth is that in any conference you want to put them in, they are an average team at best. They may jump up and have a flashy win every now and then but they are still just average overall.

Let's be logical:

Yes! Right now they would be in 6th place in the SEC. In 2011 they finished in 7th place in the Big XII

1. Georgia 7-1

2. Florida 7-1

3. Alabama 6-1

4. South Carolina 6-2

6. Texas A&M 5-2

In their first year in the SEC they will beat ONE team with a winning conference record: Alabama(6-1) The other SEC wins are Arkansas (2-4), Ole Miss (2-4), Auburn (0-7), Miss State (3-3).

Last year in the Big XII they beat ONE team with a winning conference record: Baylor (6-3) The other conference wins were Texas Tech (2-7), Iowa State (3-6), Kansas (0-9)

The brutal truth is that in any conference you want to put them in, they are an average team at best. They may jump up and have a flashy win every now and then but they are still just average overall.

What does that say about the mighty SEC SEC SEC? Good job aggies!

Let's be logical:

1. Georgia 7-1

2. Florida 7-1

3. Alabama 6-1

4. South Carolina 6-2

6. Texas A&M 5-2

I think this is the best and most logical rebuttal anyone has offered against my argument thus far.

I would also like to sit back and watch the Aggie fans respond to that last part of your comment, lol.

I think this is the best and most logical rebuttal anyone has offered against my argument thus far.

I would also like to sit back and watch the Aggie fans respond to that last part of your comment, lol.

What was wrong with:

SEC has 6 teams in the top 10

Big 12 has 5 teams in the top 25

That's pretty logical to me.

What was wrong with:

Because this is the part where you are listing someone's opinion as your argument.

The way he broke it down is based on actual results. And according to those results he listed, the argument could actually be made then that the Big 12 and SEC are even.

Because this is the part where you are listing someone's opinion as your argument.

The way he broke it down is based on actual results. And according to those results he listed, the argument could actually be made then that the Big 12 and SEC are even.

So results don't help form the BCS rankings? Gotcha......

What was wrong with:

Well 10 years ago A&M upset #1 Oklahoma with Sumlin calling plays. I seem to remember a lot of people saying OU and the BIG XII was over rated. The common factor in both wins is Sumlin. The Aggies finished 3-5 in conference that year with wins over Baylor and Kansas. I guess the win over OU was one of those "flashy wins" Cowbird was talking about.

So results don't help form the BCS rankings? Gotcha......

So results are the only part that determine the BCS rankings? So that means La Tech, Rutgers, Louisville, Clemson, and FSU should all be ahead of LSU, South Carolina, and A&M? Gotcha....

Pre Season rankings help....and playing nobody.....and not being punished for losing....

Not being punished for losing??? So there is a team or teams in BCS history that lost and moved up the next week?

<br/>So results are the only part that determine the BCS rankings? So that means La Tech, Rutgers, Louisville, Clemson, and FSU should all be ahead of LSU, South Carolina, and A&M? Gotcha....<br/>
<br/><br/><br/>

No, not the only component. Common sense is the other part.

Not being punished for losing??? So there is a team or teams in BCS history that lost and moved up the next week?

<br/><br/><br/>

Oh, okay. So it's common sense that A&M would beat OU, FSU, South Carolina or any other team ranked beneath them? It's common sense to say that La Tech would be Ok State? It's common sense to say that Alabama would beat A&M based on rankings....oh wait.

<br/><br/><br/>

Only moving down 2 or 3 spots in the polls is not being punished. As soon as Alabama lost on Saturday ESPN was already throwing out the scenarios that would allow Bama back into the BCS title game. It's a joke.

Common sense tells me that Florida has no business in the top 15. But they didn't drop this week, and ESPN didn't even mention the game on the BCS countdown show when they were slobbering over the SEC, imagine that.

Oh, okay. So it's common sense that A&M would beat OU, FSU, South Carolina or any other team ranked beneath them? It's common sense to say that La Tech would be Ok State? It's common sense to say that Alabama would beat A&M based on rankings....oh wait.

Its common sense that that LSU is better than Louisiana Tech. Its common sense that Florida is better than Rutgers. Its common sense that A&M is better than Louisville. And also common sense says that Alabama is better than A&M. That is one reason why Alabama didn't drop below them. Just admit you don't like the BCS and this conversation can be over. That way you can quit TRYING to come up with a way to "win" the argument.

Its common sense that that LSU is better than Louisiana Tech. Its common sense that Florida is better than Rutgers. Its common sense that A&M is better than Louisville. And also common sense says that Alabama is better than A&M. That is one reason why Alabama didn't drop below them. Just admit you don't like the BCS and this conversation can be over. That way you can quit TRYING to come up with a way to "win" the argument.

Yeah, you didn't help your argument at all right there.

Yeah, you didn't help your argument at all right there.

Care to explain?

I didn't say that those teams would automatically beat the others. The BCS is about putting teams in order. And common sense says that those teams mentioned are better than the ones mentioned with them.

Common sense tells me that Florida has no business in the top 15. But they didn't drop this week, and ESPN didn't even mention the game on the BCS countdown show when they were slobbering over the SEC, imagine that.

The jealousy act is sad. Pooooor big12 and their lack of national media coverage. Maybe you'll get a game on the longhorn network soon!