Marshall coach reassigned

sportsstud

Not to take any shots at anyone, but I think people need to really understand who MavChamp is.

Mavchamp is one of the most respected posters in my opinion in East Texas.

For people who don't know, He was one of the pioneers of the East Message board. Yes he has always been a Marshall guy, but he as always been fair to everyone. And honest about everything, even Marshall.

If Marshall was bad, he will tell you their bad. So I think what ever opinion he has about Marshall, is usually fair and respectful.

so I agree everyone is entitle to their opinion, and no one is perfect, but Mavchamp will always get my respect. And honestly he should get everyones respect, because before there was smoaky.com, there was Mavchamps etsupersite.com.

+1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to take any shots at anyone, but I think people need to really understand who MavChamp is.

Mavchamp is one of the most respected posters in my opinion in East Texas.

For people who don't know, He was one of the pioneers of the East Message board. Yes he has always been a Marshall guy, but he as always been fair to everyone. And honest about everything, even Marshall.

If Marshall was bad, he will tell you their bad. So I think what ever opinion he has about Marshall, is usually fair and respectful.

so I agree everyone is entitle to their opinion, and no one is perfect, but Mavchamp will always get my respect. And honestly he should get everyones respect, because before there was smoaky.com, there was Mavchamps etsupersite.com.

amen. I have had some disputes with Mavchamp, but I also worked for the program at the time and I was trying to protect the staff I worked for. Despite all of the #### and inside information I threw out there to cover up some of the mistakes and misfortunes of our offense under Parham, he told it like it was and how some of us actually did behind the scenes. I never was critical of playcalling and such while I worked for Marshall, mainly because my job was to keep the kids healthy and let the other guys coach. If Mavchamp sees Marshall at the bottom end of a game, he would tell you, even if Marshall was 10-0 with the #1 offense. If he saw a hole, he would tell you. However, he always wants nothing but wins and what is best for the Mavs.

Thanks to all of you gentlemen. I appreciate the kind words.

The Supersite was born out of a freshman high school computer class project that just hasn't seemed to die.

I've had more than my fair share of butting heads with fans from Longview, JT, Lee, Lufkin, and all of our 4A rivails.

Sometimes I was right. Sometimes I was wrong. I've had to eat enough crow through the years I should be burping feathers. But sometimes a blind squrriel finds a nut and I'm dead on.

At the end of the day though, even as a die hard Mav fan, I'm a HS football fan.

NO...my life and happines does not revolve around it. But I think the definition of what a fan is makes you more than a simple observer. I don't deny or apologize for that.

I can't even begin to count how many Marshall playoff games I've been to in my lifetime. I've been going to Mav games since my dad was carrying me in a baby carrier. But it's bigger than that for me. I've probably been to 20 Longview playoff games through the years. Looks like I'll be at a few more since my playoff weekends are open this year :/

Been to a number JT, Lee, and Lufkin playoff games too. Even Nac. Toss in Texarkana, Gilmer, EF, Hallsville, Kilgore, Carthage and some random triple header days at Texas Stadium.....and I think I get my fill every season.

So forgive me if I get a little excited, passionate, defensive, offensive, or down right nasty when it comes to my Mavs. But I try to be realistic and avoid being a homer.

I probably rag on the Lobos more than any other team. But I also cheer for them more than any other besides my hometeam.

Thanks again guys. I appreciate it.

Too bad we can't teach these Noobs how to have an internet discussion without being a troll.

I'm not convinced he's leaving WH. They will have an 11th hour meeting to work things out.

If he does leave, and WH returns to the basement.... they may deserve whatever comes their way.

But I expect them work it out.

I believe the writing is on the wall for McFarlin. The school board/supe wouldn't of gone this far with it had they not planned on going another direction. If they had no intention of removing him then they wouldn't of wanted to be the focus of all this discussion. Apparently he is a great coach and has had alot of success. I don't know anything about the guy but with the success he has had on the field I assume there is alot more to the story with what all is going on.

That being said I think he will be available. While he is successful I don't think he is our guy. I prefer someone younger who will be around longer and can build our program up. I believe McFarlin is on his way out so to speak (no disrepect. I just mean he is alot closer to retirement than others who might apply).

I think we will have a good group of young 2A, 3A and maybe some 4A head coaches apply as well as some very good coordinators at successful 4A and 5A programs. I have no doubt we will find the right guy. Our new supe along with the board has made it known that things are changing at MISD and I think we can expect them to hire the best possible coach available.

I am just ready for it to get going!!!