Marshall coach reassigned

sportsstud

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang!!

Who gave him the right to decipher anything? I have told him repeatly on here and pms to ignore them.

I'll post when and when I want to.......you posted a incoherent message.........I tried to figure out what you were saying, I believe I correctly deciphered your mess..............

Your post………..

I agree. How can the new coach without he is hired from within expect to get his program going in such a short time?

READ IT BRF

My reply was to the intent of your garbled mess of a post....get over it.

I think he's a winner no doubt. But can he do what he's done in whitehouse with a school like marshall?

The demographics between the two schools are nothing alike. WH is a majority white school.

Marshall has a white population of about 48%. Whitehouse is probably in the 90s.

Whitehouse is economically different than most East Texas schools. They are a wealthier community.

Marshall is more on par with the majority of East Texas: Nac, Lufkin, MP and other towns of similar size.

Can he do it in a more diverse, financially frugal district than the perceived Utopia like we see in places like WH and Hallsville.

Fair question ?

He coached and was successful in Daingerfield.

Dang!!

Who gave him the right to decipher anything? I have told him repeatly on here and pms to ignore them.

Then maybe you should just ignore his reply. There was absolutely nothing insulting or disparaging about his post. What's ridiculous is you took offense (as usual) and told him to read and comprehend. Read and comprehend what? Your butchered post? Sensitive much? Geesh!

He coached and was successful in Daingerfield.

I was a little shocked at how similar the demographics of Daingerfield HS were to Marshall HS.

Daingerfield

American Indian - 3 (1%)

Asian - 1 (0%)

Black - 168 (41%)

Hispanic - 34 (8%)

White - 201 (49%)

Marshall

American Indian - 1 (0%)

Asian - 12 (1%)

Black - 690 (40%)

Hispanic - 226 (13%)

White - 808 (47%)

If Whitehouse doesn't want him.....I say bring it on! LOL

I was a little shocked at how similar the demographics of Daingerfield HS were to Marshall HS.

Daingerfield

American Indian - 3 (1%)

Asian - 1 (0%)

Black - 168 (41%)

Hispanic - 34 (8%)

White - 201 (49%)

Marshall

American Indian - 1 (0%)

Asian - 12 (1%)

Black - 690 (40%)

Hispanic - 226 (13%)

White - 808 (47%)

If Whitehouse doesn't want him.....I say bring it on! LOL

You need to get out more. Lol.

You need to get out more. Lol.

LOL :P

I'm aware of the demographics of the East Texas 5A and 4A schools...

Not as aware of the smaller schools. But the "stereotype" is that the smaller schools tend to be the choice for white flight parents.

LOL :P

I'm aware of the demographics of the East Texas 5A and 4A schools...

Not as aware of the smaller schools. But the "stereotype" is that the smaller schools tend to be the choice for white flight parents.

That's what Hughes Springs and Chapel Hill (the 2A school) are to Daingerfield.

I never cease to be amazed at boards like this on the internet. The ONE thing they ALL have in common is that the simplest of threads like this one ALWAYS seem to turn into urination competitions. And it seems like it is ALWAYS the same people that are standing at the toilet while they post.

Why does the common courtesy and politeness that most people exhibit most of the time in public go out the window when they operate under an faceless alias on the internet?

I never cease to be amazed at boards like this on the internet. The ONE thing they ALL have in common is that the simplest of threads like this one ALWAYS seem to turn into urination competitions. And it seems like it is ALWAYS the same people that are standing at the toilet while they post.

Why does the common courtesy and politeness that most people exhibit most of the time in public go out the window when they operate under an faceless alias on the internet?

All is fair in Love and Football! Amytime you have a subject that stirs emotions in people, it will turn ugly at some point.

Because some people are trolls. In real life.....AND on the internet.

LOL.

I don't know about debonair..... but I know how to speak politely to others.

But I also know how to fire back when provoked.

Mavchamp I just want to point out to you again that what you said earlier was false.

When Richters was hired there was a coach w/ AD and Head Coach experience on staff.

Mavchamp I just want to point out to you again that what you said earlier was false.

When Richters was hired there was a coach w/ AD and Head Coach experience on staff.

I stand corrected. Who was it? And where?

I stand corrected. Who was it? And where?

He is referring to Randolph. You think Sipe wanted to take the heat of promoting Randolph to HC over 2 coordinators who had more than put their time in at Marshall?

The logical choice at the time was Richters... he was the Asst Head Coach and QB coach of the team. He was strict on discipline and grades and had a good feel for the players grades 7-12. Again, its unfortunate the circumstances he was thrust into. The record was even more unfortunate.

Again, Marshall is a town of a few voices that can get really loud when they want something done. I live in Atlanta, GA and I was still getting facebook posts and texts about how poorly the team looked on the field and how undisciplined they played. A current Marshall ISD employee (in the athletic department) told me that there was a core group of the football team that had just completely given up. A teacher friend of mine heard a kid say in class to a friend that he hated playing football (he was a Sr starter), she asked him why he still played "I want to finish off my letterman jacket."

This was a sad and dejected roster. Even I can see that from 11 hours away, even if the newspaper guy can not.

Hmmmm.

I would think the jump from TAPPS to UIL would be......monumental. I'm not sure that's a huge step forward.

Don't be so shocked. Gafford has been the OC/Asst. Head Coach since '97. Over the last few years he's taken a more active role in the day-to-day running of the program as Wheeler's AD/Admin duties have stretched his time. Prior to that he coached OL at several 4A/5A schools in the Dallas area including one that made a run to the state semis in the early 90s. Look at DC's record over his time there and you'll see a lot of success. He's been thought to be the coach-in-waiting at DC and that's why he hasn't left. But with no idea what the timetable is for Wheeler's retirement, he may be getting ancy to be in the drivers' seat of the White Truck, and not riding shotgun. His connection with Marshall board member is pretty tight, so you never know. They're out of school all next week so a visit to East Texas might be in order.

Mavchamp has good posts and some really good points.

Not to take any shots at anyone, but I think people need to really understand who MavChamp is.

Mavchamp is one of the most respected posters in my opinion in East Texas.

For people who don't know, He was one of the pioneers of the East Message board. Yes he has always been a Marshall guy, but he as always been fair to everyone. And honest about everything, even Marshall.

If Marshall was bad, he will tell you their bad. So I think what ever opinion he has about Marshall, is usually fair and respectful.

so I agree everyone is entitle to their opinion, and no one is perfect, but Mavchamp will always get my respect. And honestly he should get everyones respect, because before there was smoaky.com, there was Mavchamps etsupersite.com.

Not to take any shots at anyone, but I think people need to really understand who MavChamp is.

Mavchamp is one of the most respected posters in my opinion in East Texas.

For people who don't know, He was one of the pioneers of the East Message board. Yes he has always been a Marshall guy, but he as always been fair to everyone. And honest about everything, even Marshall.

If Marshall was bad, he will tell you their bad. So I think what ever opinion he has about Marshall, is usually fair and respectful.

so I agree everyone is entitle to their opinion, and no one is perfect, but Mavchamp will always get my respect. And honestly he should get everyones respect, because before there was smoaky.com, there was Mavchamps etsupersite.com.

hallelujer.gif