The Smoakhouse Forums

UT football is a joke,

The kid from Dangerfield is really bad. He may be a player someday, but I'm tired of watching him run into the butts of his own linemen in front of him. It's like he's dodging contact.

The kid from Dangerfield is really bad. He may be a player someday, but I'm tired of watching him run into the butts of his own linemen in front of him. It's like he's dodging contact.

He's an arm tackler and he is constantly either out of position or running himself out of plays. He certainly doesn't tackle like a middle linebacker. He also looks like he is developing a gut and should probably be playing nose guard if he keeps on eating.

We are fine. This season didn't go as expected, but we are in great shape for the future.

We've upgraded our conference by ditching Colorado, Nebraska, aggy, and Missouri, and replaced them with WV and TCU after spurning BYU and Notre Dame begging to join us. It wasn't too long ago that the PAC 12 was throwing themselves at us, and we arranged a deal to help everyone, but aggy had to screw that up. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

We have a national television network devoted to us with 3 live games a year on it, and we are working on more.

We enjoyed our prime traditional Thanksgiving Day game on national TV at a sold out overcrowded DKR stadium, while collie station sat home with the rest of the turkeys.

It was extremely disrespectful for Jesse Palmer to do the horns down on television last night, thankfully for him, he apologized later.

It's no surprise other lessor schools are reveling in us being upset. They should exude the class that we have historically won with, but, one really can't expect that from them. Sure, we harmlessly make little good natured ribbing; but the vitriol with which they address our disappointment is truly classless and uncalled for.

But I always remember: We are Texas. What starts here changes the world.

Its ok I got him on the ignore feature . Its real nice.

We are fine. This season didn't go as expected, but we are in great shape for the future.

We've upgraded our conference by ditching Colorado, Nebraska, aggy, and Missouri, and replaced them with WV and TCU after spurning BYU and Notre Dame begging to join us. It wasn't too long ago that the PAC 12 was throwing themselves at us, and we arranged a deal to help everyone, but aggy had to screw that up. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

We have a national television network devoted to us with 3 live games a year on it, and we are working on more.

We enjoyed our prime traditional Thanksgiving Day game on national TV at a sold out overcrowded DKR stadium, while collie station sat home with the rest of the turkeys.

It was extremely disrespectful for Jesse Palmer to do the horns down on television last night, thankfully for him, he apologized later.

It's no surprise other lessor schools are reveling in us being upset. They should exude the class that we have historically won with, but, one really can't expect that from them. Sure, we harmlessly make little good natured ribbing; but the vitriol with which they address our disappointment is truly classless and uncalled for.

good post Typer. I wish more Texas fans had the same sentiment as you. I played baseball at TCU and was the TCU spotter for the Humble radio(football)broadcast.We had several all -Americans ...Texas always beat us in baseball but we won 3 conference championships in football while I was there.

You don't see many UT fans saying what you said is my point. Texas has had some good ballteams under Mack Brown (I still think he has underachieved at UT)but talking to several of my ex coaching friends, they tell me his practices are nothing like the Frogs have. Patterson is a "hands-on" coach-calls defenses and an "in the face type coach" when someone makes a mistake or mental error. His team is always intense and play very hard-he demands hustle and getting after it....

Texas has such a large fanbase with tons of exes. We as TCU alumnis have a total of 83,000 total..My son and i being two of them. we are a small family of Hornedfrogs who got left out when the others left for big 12...never wanted and many thought we did not belong-even when we nearly always beat Baylor...so its been a struggle for us getting recognition-even when we beat a good Boise State and Utah program many thought they were not good-and they were. I am rambling...good post anyway.

He's an arm tackler and he is constantly either out of position or running himself out of plays. He certainly doesn't tackle like a middle linebacker. He also looks like he is developing a gut and should probably be playing nose guard if he keeps on eating.

First of all congrats to TCU

There are many players that arm tackle and seem to be out of position or running away from the play. I put most of this at Diaz's feet. Bad teaching and bad scheming. Watch the game again and see how many times Diaz calls a stunt where the player vacates a gap and the play goes right there.

First of all congrats to TCU

There are many players that arm tackle and seem to be out of position or running away from the play. I put most of this at Diaz's feet. Bad teaching and bad scheming. Watch the game again and see how many times Diaz calls a stunt where the player vacates a gap and the play goes right there.

And this is just one of many reasons why Diaz needs to go.

• 2 weeks later...

And this is just one of many reasons why Diaz needs to go.

how'd you like that triple reverse toss ###### up play that harsin called. too cutie pie. just line up and run the dang ball.

how'd you like that triple reverse toss ###### up play that harsin called. too cutie pie. just line up and run the dang ball.

You know that if the play had of work, you'd praise his genius!

It's the kind of thing you do when you know you can't win with power. K State just ran QB draws and counters and ate up the defense.

you think you upgraded? TCU, BYU, and WV aren't much of a upgrade if any at all. Texas is the biggest joke in the Big 12.

I'm still laughing at the "sold-out, overcrowded" comment regarding the Texas-TCU game.... Ummm... did everyone in the upper deck decide to go to the bathroom at the same time?