Henderson and Celina rematch

Brickmaker

Sure, we went to the LSU/Auburn game and enjoyed ourselves. Jake had offers from all over and it really came down to proximity to home. He wants his friends and family to be able to come to games and even if you don't like Texas, you can't deny the facilities and the education that you receive.

Understandable. But his playing style I think would be best displayed in the SEC. He looks like a SEC guy! Be honest, it was a blast down in Baton Rouge.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, we went to the LSU/Auburn game and enjoyed ourselves. Jake had offers from all over and it really came down to proximity to home. He wants his friends and family to be able to come to games and even if you don't like Texas, you can't deny the facilities and the education that you receive.

Also, I personally know Matt Flynn's family and they went down for games all the time. It's not THAT far. Geaux Tigers!

My initial post: I have been inspired to 1) Apologize to the Henderson fans and players for the embarrassing airing of dirty laundry in a public forum from certain Celina fans. Down-running our coaching staff and program without giving them a mechanism to address is a cheap shot. Secondly, while you can't seem to look away from a train-wreck, the results are always disgusting. And this is what we have....a train wreck of guys bad-mouthing coaches and even PLAYERS and no on can seem to look away. This as to stop! Coach Meeks and Coach Jay Brown from Henderson are top self men and coaches, I know them. I am certain Patrick Brown and the other athletes from Henderson are quality individuals and we need to recognize that and move on. As I said, I am EMBARRASSED that our own folks are taking the low-road and calling out our own kids as "over-rated" as well! 2) To the folks in and of Celina who want to continue this train wreck. IM me or text or however you contact each other on this message board. I would love to rate your little Johnny and share with you how poorly or "under-achieving" he might play. I have said this a 1000 times.....as the son of a coach myself; if anyone cared enough about your piddily A_ _ job to spend 3-4 hours a week analyzing your abilities; your family would be embarrassed of you. Lay off the coaches here! Go to the fieldhouse and meet with Bill. Unfortunately, you and I don't see what happens Monday through Thursday to make a qualified assessment of the workings of the program to KNOW why things are done. I am not saying you have to be a mindless kool-aid drinker and not have an opinion, but take them up offline or directly with Bill. I don't agree 100% with Bill; he knows this. Man up!! Again, I apologize to Henderson fans, players and coaches and to the parents and kids from Celina Jake, Josh and Jay Raulerson; I am sorry.

If you don't know who I am. John Paul Young, Celina Texas.

In your Government run politically correct world, Mr. Jessup, I think you should clarify what is bashing and what is legitimate disagreement with others opinions. After making the statement, you go on to bash others, name-call, and call this thread a train wreck. Collincoguy and Bobcat10 are the real people with guts on this thread. Can you imagine if the others on this thread knew their real names? In Celina, there is no greater crime than questioning their beloved high school football team or coaches. Where was anyone getting on the coaches other than disagreeing with their pre-district schedules? You term it dirty laundry. In any case, I believe this forum is for people to do just that, exchange information in an anonymous manner. In other areas of the country, some coaches disguise themselves to gather information, not for retribution purposes, but to get ideas. What other forum would provide that? As with any advice, you can take it or leave it. This has become a silent thread since you put out your political post, above. Noone wants to say much of anything. Congratulations! However, you, nor any other lackey on this thread, can take away my opinions or my determination to express them. Bobcat10 and Collincoguy are proud Celina people. Their kids are long graduated from Celina, but they have the decency to call it as they see it, because they don't want to see Celina Football fade into mediocracy. If you don't like our posts, talk to the administrators of the thread and have SMOAKY silence our opinions? You don't speak for me so don't apologize for me. I have been busy or I would have replied long before now.

Those those that don't know John Paul Young ... Before you mouth off and make a fool of yourself , you had better do your research on his input and evolution of football over the past 35-40 years ... Much much respect Coach Young ,, Henderson, Texas

Yes, don't disagree with a Football Coach. They are the really intelligent people in today's society.

I think these type of forums should require you to use your real name somehow which would pretty much keep alot of mouths shut when it comes to coaches and the kids

Great idea, Marler! Why don't you start up a forum like that? I'm sure it would be very popular. That's what these forums are for, to keep people's mouth's shut. You are a really smart guy.

I am still trying to figure out who I am....and I am typing this terrified of your threat. I found your overrated comments a passive aggressive attempt to try and denegrate the accomplishments of an athlete. You know you were doing it so get over yourself. #55, IMO, is one of the best HS players I have seen play at his positons. While he does not play the flashy positions his dominance on both sides of the ball allow for the others to perform at a higher level.

I must go now as I have no time for folks with the Napolean complex.

I challenge you to examine my posts and explain the part that is a threat? You must be a liberal. Someone disagrees with you and it is a threat. You think you can tell someone to shut up because you disagree with them, yet you can't even come back with any counterpoint. Are you a doctor of Psychiatry? You use some really big words and phrases.

In your Government run politically correct world, Mr. Jessup, I think you should clarify what is bashing and what is legitimate disagreement with others opinions. After making the statement, you go on to bash others, name-call, and call this thread a train wreck. Collincoguy and Bobcat10 are the real people with guts on this thread. Can you imagine if the others on this thread knew their real names? In Celina, there is no greater crime than questioning their beloved high school football team or coaches. Where was anyone getting on the coaches other than disagreeing with their pre-district schedules? You term it dirty laundry. In any case, I believe this forum is for people to do just that, exchange information in an anonymous manner. In other areas of the country, some coaches disguise themselves to gather information, not for retribution purposes, but to get ideas. What other forum would provide that? As with any advice, you can take it or leave it. This has become a silent thread since you put out your political post, above. Noone wants to say much of anything. Congratulations! However, you, nor any other lackey on this thread, can take away my opinions or my determination to express them. Bobcat10 and Collincoguy are proud Celina people. Their kids are long graduated from Celina, but they have the decency to call it as they see it, because they don't want to see Celina Football fade into mediocracy. If you don't like our posts, talk to the administrators of the thread and have SMOAKY silence our opinions? You don't speak for me so don't apologize for me. I have been busy or I would have replied long before now.

Well said. I am hoping that this team can prove you and me wrong tonight! Lets go Bobcats show everyone the heart, desire, and execution that you are known for.

Game Day!! See Y'all tonight!! BTW, would somebody please cut the air line on that #### horn of Celinas? Hopefully, if anything like last year, there won't be much reason to use it. lol. Everybody, have a safe trip.

Be careful. Get close to the air horn and our orange clad leprechaun might cut you..lol

It's Gameday!!! Just Getting things together to head out. Hope everyone has a safe trip to/from Mesquite tonight. Should be a Great game between Celina and Henderson tonight! If the Lions play sound football and don't turn the ball over then I see Henderson coming away with a close Win. But If the Lions turn the ball over it could be a long night with Celina coming away with the Win. Good Luck to Celina and Henderson! Let's go Lions!!

Don't forget Collincountyguy. Oh wait he is EagleCat. Go Bobcats!

Whoa! Whoa! Just for the record John Paul and I have communicated and I will defend his statements and I think or hope he has a better understanding of what I did not intend to do. I have stayed off of this sight to let the statement that I deleted/edited go away. I should not have made the statement and let it go at that no other comments need to be made from anyone regarding that issue. In regards to my statements about the team I have been hard but have not called for any coach to be fired or have I made any statements that show direct malice towards these coaches. I was very hard on the performance of both team and Coaches for the Melissa game and especially the Argyle game. I stand by those statements and if the team performs tonight as they did against Argyle is will be a very long night for us Bobcats. ColNathan/John Paul Young has personally corresponded to me and I think he has a very good assesment about the the team, Coaches and the difficulties both face. I have no problem with the apology that he made as that is an apology for the statement I MADE in a post. That is it and I hopefully explained that mistake and why it was made in my correspondence with ColNathan. My critques might seem strong but they never contain statements that have any motive against the Coaches. Bill and this staff have been here in Celina for a long time and that is a good thing. I want that long term stability, but it does not mean that we are not allowed to voice our opinions. Many including some on here were very frustrated with the performance of our team after the Argyle game. I made statements that our team has not progressed any from the initial game against Melissa. We just created an illusion of progress by scheduling weak teams. I stated that Henderson would score 50 or more points if we played or performed just like we did against Arglye. I stated that it frustrated me for our team to have such a performance with a 2 week layoff and I placed that on the Coaches as I felt our team was just not prepared. Now the reason I posted these statements is that I see these type statements on forums all the time and just do not feel they are somehow bad or should not be stated from a home town fan. I support the bobcats, but I will not sugar coat what I see and others see. I have only this user name and no other.

Whoa! Whoa! Just for the record John Paul and I have communicated and I will defend his statements and I think or hope he has a better understanding of what I did not intend to do. I have stayed off of this sight to let the statement that I deleted/edited go away. I should not have made the statement and let it go at that no other comments need to be made from anyone regarding that issue. In regards to my statements about the team I have been hard but have not called for any coach to be fired or have I made any statements that show direct malice towards these coaches. I was very hard on the performance of both team and Coaches for the Melissa game and especially the Argyle game. I stand by those statements and if the team performs tonight as they did against Argyle is will be a very long night for us Bobcats. ColNathan/John Paul Young has personally corresponded to me and I think he has a very good assesment about the the team, Coaches and the difficulties both face. I have no problem with the apology that he made as that is an apology for the statement I MADE in a post. That is it and I hopefully explained that mistake and why it was made in my correspondence with ColNathan. My critques might seem strong but they never contain statements that have any motive against the Coaches. Bill and this staff have been here in Celina for a long time and that is a good thing. I want that long term stability, but it does not mean that we are not allowed to voice our opinions. Many including some on here were very frustrated with the performance of our team after the Argyle game. I made statements that our team has not progressed any from the initial game against Melissa. We just created an illusion of progress by scheduling weak teams. I stated that Henderson would score 50 or more points if we played or performed just like we did against Arglye. I stated that it frustrated me for our team to have such a performance with a 2 week layoff and I placed that on the Coaches as I felt our team was just not prepared. Now the reason I posted these statements is that I see these type statements on forums all the time and just do not feel they are somehow bad or should not be stated from a home town fan. I support the bobcats, but I will not sugar coat what I see and others see. I have only this user name and no other.

I dont blame gator for his frustration with this board and us "unfaithful" Bobcats. As a father I understand what he's doing, defend your kids at all cost. I wouldnt expect anything less. However, I wonder if he didnt have kids playing would he be so quick to defend this teams' talent level or performance? If you go back and read forums prior to the beginning of the season you will see rants by gator and several others about how talented this team is and how they are the most talented team the last 3-4 years. At the end of the day talk is cheap and not trying to "downgrade anyone" but it raises the question...are they as good as advertised? If so, then why have the coaches not been able to make it translate onto the field? Good news is they have a chance at redemption tonight and a chance to prove that they can beat a GOOD team.

Well it's almost game time.....Good luck to both teams and safe travels for both teams and fans....Seems like all the talk has been about #55 from Celina and #3 from Henderson.....Well it will come down to a TEAM effort to win this game.....Now to the Celina faithfuls please don't let a couple of guys intimidate you from what you feel like typing or saying your beliefs about your team no matter the outcome of tonights game....I enjoy reading collincoguy"s post whenever I have a chance ....He tells it like it is without any sugarcoat...Now good luck guys and let's hope we play injury free....

<br/>I challenge you to examine my posts and explain the part that is a threat? You must be a liberal. Someone disagrees with you and it is a threat. You think you can tell someone to shut up because you disagree with them, yet you can't even come back with any counterpoint. Are you a doctor of Psychiatry? You use some really big words and phrases.<br/>
<br/><br/><br/><br/><br/>I am sure they are big words to you.  With regard to being a liberal, I am about as conservative as they get.  Not sure it matters in any event but I would be happy to discuss to engage you in a conversation conservative principles if you would like but I think you probably have limited knowledge and take positions someone tells you to while dishing out your veiled threats (back to that passive aggressive issue you are dealing with).  Maybe a discussion in a non-sports forum.  I will give you kudos as that got to me and I do take offense to being called a liberal. I almost jumped to my death at that accusation.   I think maybe you are the liberal trying to imply someone can't tell you to shut your pie hole.....very liberal restriction of free speech on your part.  Maybe you don't like pie or you throw them at your enemies...now that would just be down right aggression.