District of Doom

KildogDad

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Dynamic Duo, but DoD is a statement about the depth of the entire district.

There is no doubt that Bullard and possibly CHill would still be standing if they had made it and were on the same path as Gilmer and Henderson. Gladewater and Spring Hill could have beaten Quinlan Ford. Van and Canton would have been a good even match for Bullard and or CHill. DOD is a challenge from top to bottom. Spring Hill played strong at the first of district but kept fumbling and Gladewater as always gave Gilmer a challenge.

I would highly disagree with DoD going down this round! Only questionable game I'm thinking could go either way would be Argyle vs Gilmer

I would be very surprised if the Kilgore/Gainesville game is that close. Gainesville barely got by Krum by 1 point and Krum was not really that good. They had some fight but didn't have the line play to keep up. Kilgore in a route in this one. I haven't seen Gilmer play but Argyle impressed me greatly against Celina. I do agree that Henderson will win but could be larger margin, but you never know. Celina does have some pride and will probably come after them, this time around.

have yall won recently and who ended your season last year. Yeah thats what I thought.

Oh yeah with your logic most of them were 2A so two can play at this game.

2007..and 3 apperances in 3a championship game in last 7 years. Good luck with that. Henderson was IRRELEVANT until dropping down

2007..and 3 apperances in 3a championship game in last 7 years. Good luck with that. Henderson was IRRELEVANT until dropping down

It is certainly easier to be one of the biggest 3A schools than one of the smallest 4A schools. For many, many years Henderson was a program that won consistently...but never won big. We definately do not have Celinas history of championships...but that was then...this is now...Go Lions!

You do realize Celina has 8 titles right? Last I checked 8>1. That 1 being after you DROPPED DOWN to 3a. Gilmer has room to boast, Henderson ..not so much.

Current 16-3A resume:

Gilmer, state champs 2009

Henderson, state champs 2010

Chapel Hill, state champs 2011

Number of post-season games last year - 21

Number of post-season games this year - 9 counting tomorrow night's games

That is why we are the District of Doom

8 state championships = one great high school program.

Current 16-3A resume:

Add "All three reps from DoD are still in the play offs"

Current 16-3A resume:

Yep. Dont forget about Carthage.

Though it's pretty much a blast from the past at this point, could probably also point out that Kilgore won 4A D-II in 2004 with less than 100 students above the 4A cutoff.

The best indicator of a District of Doom is how good the teams are that sat at home during playoffs. Bullard would easily dominate pretty much any other 3A district. It was the same with Hallsville in 2004.

Good luck to all 16-3A teams this week!

Though it's pretty much a blast from the past at this point, could probably also point out that Kilgore won 4A D-II in 2004 with less than 100 students above the 4A cutoff.

The best indicator of a District of Doom is how good the teams are that sat at home during playoffs. Bullard would easily dominate pretty much any other 3A district. It was the same with Hallsville in 2004.

Good luck to all 16-3A teams this week!

Yeah I was wondering from the playoff members how Bullard stacked up to the teams that you've all played. Not that it changes a thing but I still feel sorry for the Bullard kids that played.

My thoughts on the DOD is that the quality of teams from top to bottom is compared to others is what makes it so

Yeah I was wondering from the playoff members how Bullard stacked up to the teams that you've all played. Not that it changes a thing but I still feel sorry for the Bullard kids that played.

My thoughts on the DOD is that the quality of teams from top to bottom is compared to others is what makes it so

Imo...Bullard would have won half the 3A districts in the state...and would have been a playoff team in EVERY other district. Just bad luck getting stuck in 16-3A. Using Hendersons 3 playoff opponents as a measuring stick I would say.......................

Bullard would have beaten Van in a close game that could go either way.

Bullard would have killed Quinlan-Ford.

Celina would probably beat Bullard by 1 or 2 scores in a shootout.

Bullard would have been district champs in atleast half of the districts in Texas. Matter of fact, Gladewater (0-6 in DOD) would have probably been district champs in a few. I truly hate it for the Bullard kids. From what I understand, we'll have 4 teams going next year though. Can anyone confirm this?

Imo...Bullard would have won half the 3A districts in the state...and would have been a playoff team in EVERY other district. Just bad luck getting stuck in 16-3A. Using Hendersons 3 playoff opponents as a measuring stick I would say.......................

Bullard would have beaten Van in a close game that could go either way.

Bullard would have killed Quinlan-Ford.

Celina would probably beat Bullard by 1 or 2 scores in a shootout.

lol. we were typing at the same time i guess. I agree with these game predictions too though