5A Region II Semi-Final: Longview vs Austin Westlake

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-3) vs Austin Westlake Chaparrals (8-4)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Austin Westlake in a close one
    • Austin Westlake in a blow out

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't make it to the game this week. Work calls. BUT....if the Lobos get the win this week, I'm all over the next round.

I'd prefer Lufkin....just because :). But if it's Plano West, the game COULD end up in Arlington...just sayin.

I was one of the bystanders at the Lufkin/Longview game at SFA. Marshall was on their way to the state championship that season and even in my Mav hoodie, the Lobo fans were awesome and congratulatory, wishing Marshall the best. That's when the Lobos officially became my #2 team.

I want a rematch..... one of the most exciting, emotional games I've ever witnessed!

Now that I think about it... I've seen TWO games at SFA like that. The Longview/Lufkin game. And in the late 90's the Lufkin/Lake Highlands game. Both just INSANE games. I was exhausted after both of them.

Good luck to the Lobos. And the Panthers. See ya'll next week I hope!

I can't make it to the game this week. Work calls. BUT....if the Lobos get the win this week, I'm all over the next round.

I'd prefer Lufkin....just because :). But if it's Plano West, the game COULD end up in Arlington...just sayin.

I was one of the bystanders at the Lufkin/Longview game at SFA. Marshall was on their way to the state championship that season and even in my Mav hoodie, the Lobo fans were awesome and congratulatory, wishing Marshall the best. That's when the Lobos officially became my #2 team.

I want a rematch..... one of the most exciting, emotional games I've ever witnessed!

Now that I think about it... I've seen TWO games at SFA like that. The Longview/Lufkin game. And in the late 90's the Lufkin/Lake Highlands game. Both just INSANE games. I was exhausted after both of them.

Good luck to the Lobos. And the Panthers. See ya'll next week I hope!

Thanks Mav, I hope your boys improve and make some noise next year in the 4A playoffs like my Pack are doing this year.

Anything can happen, but I know Lufkin will be focused next week for Plano West. Most were p!ssed for giving Pfluggy that many points. I think It's mostly up to the Lobos on winning next week against Westlake to set up the rematch.

Not even gonna think of a rematch until after this week.

Westlake is too good of a team to think ahead. They should've defeated LT to end the regular season.

Longview just needs to avoid turnovers and avoid any more injuries than we already have.

I agree. This is not a game Longview can afford to look past like they have the last 3-4 weeks. This is one of the state's elite. Like Longview, they know how to win. Lot's of pedigree with the Chaps.

I don't know numbers, but I'm willing to bet Westlake has been among the most successful programs in the state the last 20 years or so.

What? Seven state championship games since 1990? That's insane. And they have only won it once?

I know there are some Lobo fans out there that think Longview is cursed and has some hard luck in the playoffs. But only winning one state title out of seven title games in the last 22 years trumps you...lol. That's a program on the brink only to have it snatched away more times than I can fathom.

Wish I could make it to the game. I bet it's going to be a good one.

Ohhh the smack talking. I like you lobos, but if we play again this year, I'm going all outtt laugh.gif

Hell....we're not even supposed to be here anyways. Most of the fans on this board and that other one said we couldn't win in the first round. Underdogssss

UNDERDOGS? My big behind!!!

Where is all the Lobo Love you have been showing this season. Seems to me you are trying to be two-faced. What's up? laugh.gif

Go Lobos!!!

UNDERDOGS? My big behind!!!

Where is all the Lobo Love you have been showing this season. Seems to me you are trying to be two-faced. What's up? laugh.gif

Go Lobos!!!

Lies and deceit. I'm never two-faced. Well...it was that one time, but it wasn't to you lobos!! lmao

I'm always showing the Lobos love, probably too much love. It will be a different story next week though if we play again......at SFA.happy.gif

I was even thinking about sending all you lobos a special present for the holidays, you almost missed out !! laugh.gif

from me to you Lobos....

PANTHER_PUGO_V_1.jpg

Screen+shot+2009-12-23+at+12.35.44+AM.png

Lies and deceit. I'm never two-faced. Well...it was that one time, but it wasn't to you lobos!! lmao

I'm always showing the Lobos love, probably too much love. It will be a different story next week though if we play again......at SFA.happy.gif

I was even thinking about sending all you lobos a special present for the holidays, you almost missed out !! laugh.gif

Oh you poor delusional man!!! Sometimes you scare me!!! laugh.gif

Go Lobos~!!

We got your boys in a few weeks!!! We may put 60 on ya...

:lol: :lol:

You better hope your boys don't lose to Plano West. O boy. The laughter that would come after y'all beat DeKaney and Pflugerville only to lose to those Wolves. :lol: :lol:

Boy you done lost yur mind!

from me to you Lobos....

PANTHER_PUGO_V_1.jpg

Screen+shot+2009-12-23+at+12.35.44+AM.png

My mama is a super at GSMC. I have her keep both eyes on you! Haha

I probably know her. LOL.

Been with GSMC since I graduated from ETBU off and on.

Started at GSMC in Longview, then floated to Marshall. Then back to Longview. Then traveled to California/Arizona/Minnesota for a while. Landed at ETMC in Tyler for 2 years and am currently back at GSMC-Marshall ATM with a part time position at Baylor.

I probably know her. LOL.

Been with GSMC since I graduated from ETBU off and on.

Started at GSMC in Longview, then floated to Marshall. Then back to Longview. Then traveled to California/Arizona/Minnesota for a while. Landed at ETMC in Tyler for 2 years and am currently back at GSMC-Marshall ATM with a part time position at Baylor.

She's ER super...and she raised a mighty fine man I might add! Haha!(patting myself on yhe back)

:lol: :lol:

You better hope your boys don't lose to Plano West. O boy. The laughter that would come after y'all beat DeKaney and Pflugerville only to lose to those Wolves. :lol: :lol:

Laughter? Well, i'll be crying, in the stands crying to be exact. Nawww...we had a good run this year and most people thought Dekaneisha would beat us, so I'm proud of this team.

:lol:You better hope your boys don't lose to Plano West. O boy. The laughter that would come after y'all beat DeKaney and Pflugerville only to lose to those Wolves.:lol::lol:'

Poor little ol Pack. The mean Lobos are already ganging up on you, and neither of our teams have a victory yet!!

Go Lobos!!!

I think the Lobos are going to in this one, but they are going to need to play well for 4 quarters. We shall see if they can.

i am doubtful fiveo....westlake has a very good defense and I think they will slow down the running game and make us pass more than we want to and that will be the end of us. i hope i am wrong.

i am doubtful fiveo....westlake has a very good defense and I think they will slow down the running game and make us pass more than we want to and that will be the end of us. i hope i am wrong.

I've been more than just a little surprised at how far Chumley has come at throwing the football since week zero. I agree we will have to throw more against Westlake, but I'm not really stressing over it. I think he will toss it fine.

Definitely think we're going to have to do a lot of those short passes to get them off Hasty and whoever is rushing it.

Thinking Leonard will have a good game.

As I said on 5A, really really need Nakia to have a great game in the return department.