5A Region II Semi-Final: Longview vs Austin Westlake

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-3) vs Austin Westlake Chaparrals (8-4)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Austin Westlake in a close one
    • Austin Westlake in a blow out

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't really compare the 90's teams to the teams in coach King's era.Different district and different kids. I have seen some great Lobo teams thruout my lifetime. I started going to Lobo games in 1977. I have seen great players thruout the years play for Longview. There are players that played in the 70's that would have started on some of the current teams.We have had a good run under coach King and I like him as a coach. He does seem to be alittle softer than the other coaches that we have had in the past. I think all coaches in general are this way, because times have changed.There are times that the coaches should be the blame and there are times that the players are the blame.Do I think the 1997 team could play with some of the 2000's best teams, yes I do. I also believe that the 97 team is the best team that I have seen walk thru the tuunnel to the field. We have had some great teams under King and I hope we have him for a long time.He has the best winning percentage among any coach that we have ever had.This is just my opinion and I will always back the Lobos win or lose. THUMBS UP!

The best teams Longview ever had was 76,77, and 78 Jose Taylor, Mcoy, flambles I think was the Q/B and I forget all the names it has been to long. I remember Odessa P kicking a 63 yard field goal in Lubbock to beat the Lobos and then went on to win it all. They were outstanding teams and only one team went to the playoffs. Fumbbling would not have been tolerated back then I can assure you of that.

The best teams Longview ever had was 76,77, and 78 Jose Taylor, Mcoy, flambles I think was the Q/B and I forget all the names it has been to long. I remember Odessa P kicking a 63 yard field goal in Lubbock to beat the Lobos and then went on to win it all. They were outstanding teams and only one team went to the playoffs. Fumbbling would not have been tolerated back then I can assure you of that.

Just fyi, Permian finished 2nd to Port Neches-Groves losing 20-10 in the state championship game in 1975. What is ironic, is that the kicker from Permian that kicked the long FG vs the Lobos missed at least two if not three field goals in the championship game. I think they were in the 30-40 yard range.

Just fyi, Permian finished 2nd to Port Neches-Groves losing 20-10 in the state championship game in 1975. What is ironic, is that the kicker from Permian that kicked the long FG vs the Lobos missed at least two if not three field goals in the championship game. I think they were in the 30-40 yard range.

You are correct my friend. I have PNG season tickets and They have there state championship sign up. By the way, great stadium at the reservation.

You are correct my friend. I have PNG season tickets and They have there state championship sign up. By the way, great stadium at the reservation.

So refreshing to read the accurate memories of that era of Texas high school football but who of you out there remembers the demise of those great programs and the persons that "led" them astray?

You think about the teams that dominated the landscape in the 80's and 90's..... now they are hardly relevant anymore.

Odessa Permian

Plano

Converse Judson

Houston Lamar

Killeen

Temple

Aldine and Aldine Eisenhower

Dallas Carter

These were the programs that dominated 5A football for 2 decades. Now...you barely hear anything from any of them. I think Judson was the most recently relevant, but even they have slipped since Wagner opened.

It's a new day in Texas High School football.

And you never know when your program is the next to go off the cliff. Careful what some of you ask for Lobo fans.

Pack07...wat da hell is goin on down dere wit yall and the news paper??

It's a bunch of idiots that's running the paper down here. Someone posted information from the Lufkindaily news that other individuals couldn't see because they didn't pay or subscribe to the daily news for the information. You basically have to pay to read and see certain content on the LDN now. I wasn't shocked when they(LDN) took action against the Lp site. Btw...they should be worried about other things instead of someone on Lufkin message board posting information and pictures from their site about the players and games, it's not that serious...

It's a bunch of idiots that's running the paper down here. Someone posted information from the Lufkindaily news that other individuals couldn't see because they didn't pay or subscribe to the daily news for the information. You basically have to pay to read and see certain content on the LDN now. I wasn't shocked when they(LDN) took action against the Lp site. Btw...they should be worried about other things instead of someone on Lufkin message board posting information and pictures from their site about the players and games, it's not that serious...

Ohhh...buncha drama

You think about the teams that dominated the landscape in the 80's and 90's..... now they are hardly relevant anymore.

Odessa Permian

Plano

Converse Judson

Houston Lamar

Killeen

Temple

Aldine and Aldine Eisenhower

Dallas Carter

These were the programs that dominated 5A football for 2 decades. Now...you barely hear anything from any of them. I think Judson was the most recently relevant, but even they have slipped since Wagner opened.

It's a new day in Texas High School football.

And you never know when your program is the next to go off the cliff. Careful what some of you ask for Lobo fans.

I agree Mavchamp. At least our program is pretty good every year for the most part.