Mavchamp's family needs prayers

Mavchamp

I want to thank everyone for your thoughts, prayers, facebook messages, texts, phone calls, and other things people have done for my family the last week.

It's been a tough week! But it looks like we are on our way to recovery.

My sister is still in ICU at GSMC. But they have taken her off the ventilator, finally been able to remove the feeding tube, and as of today was able to hold a normal oxygenation without a mask or supplemental oxygen.

She still has some work ahead of her. She hasn't walked in a week from being sedated and on the vent, so they are taking their time about getting her back up and walking.

As most of you know, I'm in the healthcare field.... and even I am a little dumbstruck at how serious a "simple pneumonia" can take a healthy young woman that had never been in the hospital before....and put her on the brink like she was for a few days.

Speechless.

Please....please take care of yourselves and your loved ones. This strand of pneumonia going around this year is nothing to be taken lightly. Just ask my family. Be aggressive if someone you know is sick. Don't let it ride thinking "it will get better".

Thanks again for all the prayers and other acts of kindness. It has truly been overwhelming.

To God be the Glory.

BTW....she has been downgraded from ICU to IMC since I started this post. My mom just called and informed me.

If they can discharge someone for being antsy, ornery, and hard-headed.....she should be home tomorrow.

All God has ever wanted is a relationship with each one of us and sometimes things have to happen so that we might go to our knees and be more reliant on him. I am just glad that there are things like this that take us to our knees and bring us together that ultimately his glory is seen. I am so glad that everything is fine and I pray for a total recovery for your sister and a stronger relationship with God for all of us.