Thursday Night Track Meet

countryboy1

I Know it is a little early for this, but here it is.

In your opinion what is the max number of teams you can have at a Thursday track meet.

We are at 10 and have 12 that want to come. will be get finished before 10:00

A lot of that will depend on who your starter and the clerk are. If they are efficient, you can make it with 10-12 teams. Field events also have to be run smoothly.

That is a more accurate statement than what said. I will say that nothing is more frustrating than sitting on the bus Saturday hoping your anchor set his clock.

For the lower classifications, the best and sometimes only time for a meet is on Thursdays due to sharing kids with baseball, softball, etc. As a coach, I never had a problem with a Saturday meet, but I did have a hard time having all my kids there for it.

If the kids don't want to run on Saturdays, boot'em.

It's the coaches who don't want to be there on Saturday.

Exactly right! There are a few schools around that hold the Saturday meets. Tatum, Atlanta to name a couple.

• 2 weeks later...

Right the coaches dont want to run on Saturdays. I mean just look at the evidence. Coaches work every Saturday during football season and usually Sundays as well. We go to basketball tournaments on Saturdays or have a practice or host an open gym. Then, track season rolls around and the coaches just don't want to work on Saturdays. Wrong.

If the kids don't want to run on Saturdays, boot'em.

It's the coaches who don't want to be there on Saturday.