• BigRedFan
    • TheTrueLionKing
    • wolfpack4life
    • Kooldown54

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While most of us wrap up the football season you may want to give a poster on SDC an award you feel deserving...let's keep it fun and in good taste, remember somebody else may think you are the one that deserves an award.....

A couple of examples.........

Best Staff member: Eagleborn

The Cheech and Chong award (Most incoherent)- Anybody that spends more than two days trading smack with the Dfield guys. They'll just chew you up and spit you out.

Benedict Arnold Award (I don't have your back, even if you've got mine) Wolverine, for flushing the SA coaching staff that he had praised all year after the loss to Mart.

Freakiest Avatar-

Best Avatar- Spakastu, but that chick would look so much better in Alabama crimson.

Biggest Homer or the JJ Award- Still JJ's award, but we could easily give Wolverine the consolation.

Most times in line at the crow buffet- Anybody from 16 3A who doesn't root for Henderson, Kilgore or Gilmer.

Best with the x's and o's- allbig8

Most creative use of pictures – flukeshot. The YES! YES! YES! shot of Daniel Bryan after Notre Dame beat USC was priceless. Interestingly, if you put Daniel Bryan in a ugly green suit, he's the stupid leprechaun.

Where are they now award- All of the Timpson fans, who were all predicting them to beat Joaquin. Haven't heard from them since that woodshed whoopin.

Foolish post of the Year- The nitwit who tried to compare Hughes Springs to the '83 Daingerfield Tigers. There will NEVER be another team do what that team did.

Most likely to make you mad award- baconandeggs

Most likely to get suspended next- GreezyChef

Longest/Most entertaining thread- D'field/ Gilmer is always a good one, but Joaquin/ Carlisle was a good one this year.

Most Likely to be Fired if Their Boss Knew how Much Time They Spent on SDC- I don't get on here at work, but its come close to making me a single guy a couple of times. Is there an award for that?

"Be Glad You Weren't Lined Up Across From Me Creep"- We COULD rename this one the Lambo award.

"Fightin' a Losing Battle"- action10. Good guy, and he loves his team, but I don't know what it will take for Cushing to have a winning season.

Strongest hometown support- The DField Award- The San Augustine guys really stayed behind their team this year.

Comeback poster of the year - Gus, i just wish we saw more of him.

Most Comical – Doomer. The uniballer thread still makes me spew Diet Dr. Pepper on my computer screen.

Smack Talk as a Group Award- The EF guys really stepped it up this year.

"Offensive" player of the year - Based on kids I saw - Bosqueville QB C.J. Collins. That kid is as accurate a high school passer as I've seen.

"Defensive" player of the year – Joaquin LB Lance Lawson. Led the Rams in tackles in almost every game, on a defense that gave up 11 points/ game.

Rookie of the year- Don't know if he qualifies as a rookie, but upullinmychain gets my vote.

Remember you can make up any award you want to make up...........like Frank and his Fungus Award!! Classic stuff!

Some of the funniest ones are the made up Awards between two SDC rivals......be creative!!

Example from 2007 and the Cheech and Chong Award......................

The Cheech and Chong award(Most incoherent) - DaveTV by a landslide.

Dave's response: What's really funny about that I've seen one Cheech and Chong movie in my life "The Corsican Brothers", but I do know the lyrics and own the single "Earache My Eye" featuring Alice Bowie.

From 2007 Awards............. Back by request, a little appreciative roast for the guys who make SDC happen.

SDC: Real Men Of Genius Here's to you, Overzealous Internet Posting Moderator Guy. While the sports fans of East Texas talk trash, you spend countless hours picking it right back up. Everyone on SDC knows exactly how you feel about every issue, and that's because you have posted 9.8 posts a day for two years. To most men, the terms "flaming" and "trolling" are nonsensical and have little meaning but to you, protecting innocent readers against these injustices is a way of life. While the athletes of East Texas pour out their souls in the athletic arena, you spill your own sweat and tears, ridding athletic discussion of "negative callous tripe." Policeman use guns, handcuffs and tasers to enforce the law; you, however, use the strokes on your keyboard to uphold the long arm of E-law. If a user thinks he can bash a player, use all caps or bump a thread, that poor soul has another thing coming.

Background Singer: " 2 or 3 week sus-pen-sion"

So open up a cold Bud Light, Mister Smoaky Moderator; If anything, it will cool down those fingers from all the heated typing. Background Singer Echoes: "Mr. Overzealous Internet Posting Moderator Guy"

From 2008 one of SL1KK posts he left a thank you to the sponsors........................

]I would like to thank our 2008 SDC Award Show sponsors...

OldBuckeye's Hex Shop

Kevnasty's Gun and Pawn

TigerNationTshirts.com

The Questionaire's Crow Buffet

JAKEBRAKE's Adult Entertainment Inc.

From 2008 one of SL1KK posts he left a thank you to the sponsors........................

]I would like to thank our 2008 SDC Award Show sponsors...

OldBuckeye's Hex Shop

Kevnasty's Gun and Pawn

TigerNationTshirts.com

The Questionaire's Crow Buffet

JAKEBRAKE's Adult Entertainment Inc.

Awesome

Worst coaching job of the season: Coach Pinnell vs. Daingerfield. For keeping all of his 4.3-4.4 speedsters on the sidelines the entire game. What was he thinking?

The "Not another F@&$£%G East Texas team!?" award: Celina Bobcats.

Funny