Police Groups Seeking More NAZI Totalitarian Authority from Congress

RETIREDFAN1

If the officer believes the suspect to be intoxicated he then arrests him and requests a specimen. If he refuses, at that point, the officer contacts the judge, fill out a warrant affidavit, and presents it to the judge. The judges, if finding there is probable cause, then has the officer swear that the information is true and correct. That is when the warrant is issued. The suspect is then taken to the hospital where a qualified person draws a blood specimen. The suspect always has a right to counsel.

...and at what point is the suspect allowed to contact his attorney???? Before or after his body has been violated by the doctors????

BTW...I rarely get a search warrant. I usually let the video stand alone. Sadly, drunks are always eager to show everyone exactly how drunk they are.

:lol:

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and at what point is the suspect allowed to contact his attorney???? Before or after his body has been violated by the doctors????

He probably won't have access to a phone until after his booking. However, if a warrant has been issued, an attorney will not advise his client to resist the search. That is a higher classification of offense than the DWI. My best advice is to not drive drunk. At that point, an officer will not have PC to obtain a warrant for anything.

When he has probable cause to believe that the suspect has committed a crime and that the suspect's blood contains evidence of that crime. Once he swears to that under oath to a judge, and if that judge believes it is truthful and rises to the level of probable cause, the judge can then issue a warrant.

Just like an officer would in a sexual assault case.

5-0 if you believe that anyone should have the right for any reason to hold someone down and take their BLOOD then you do not, nor will you every understand the concept of a persons freedom. No warrant, no anything gives that right. If you think there is a reason that validates that, then you represent what I hate. NOT YOU. THE FACT THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE OR VALUES TO NOT INFRINGE ON THE LIBERTIES OF CITIZENS. IF A JUDGE/LAW SAYS IT IS OK THEN YOU WILL DO IT, REGARLESS. To me, then you have no honor. Just because you can do something does not mean you should. Now you did not make the law I know, a person with any understanding of the constitution. The only thing the judge does is see the paper, from a COP, he then issues the warrant. And as your buddy point out about bad cops, the judge will not know the good cops from the bad. He sees a warrant request and gives it. Your belief that someone should/can be forced to give blood says all.

Also, the example of a sexual assault case is not even near the same thing.

Ahh but you see, when you say "typical cop mentality", you aren't discriminating good cop from bad cop, you are lumping every one of us together. Sorry, but not all of us police officers agree that the "end justifies the means". Any cop that would abuse the system, abuse people, and completely disregard the constitution, is nothing more than a "person" with an agenda. Nothing more than someone who would have that same mentality no matter what job they would have. Now then, those who are destroying the constitution are the same very people that keep getting elected back to office to "represent" the people.

From what I'm reading, you have a hatred towards FiveOpd316 simply because he's a cop. Taze a little old lady? really? shoot her poodles because they're looking at his donuts? really? Wow, I guess I could walk down the street of any town in regular clothes and wave at you, probably getting a wave back. However, throw on the ole uniform and get nothing more than a look of disdain because I'm automatically "sterotyped" by you.

The destruction of our constitution is being conducted by people just like you, just like me, just like every one else around you. You want to think that it is just being done by cops, by judges, by those with agendas...

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news there Locutus, but "OUR" constitution is being destroyed by every day Americans who aren't informed, aren't educated, and those who simply don't care. Let me ask you Locutus, aside from posting snide comments on Smoaky.com, what have YOU done to stop the erosion of OUR constitution? you know, aside from "well, I voted". You want to complain about how cops are doing this, and judges are doing that...BUT, what have YOU done to help that little old lady to not be tazed by a cop, or for her little poodles to not be shot. What did YOU do to prevent her from doing whatever it was to have the cops come in contact with her in the first place?

You say this is about the abuses that cops commit on the "citizenry" on a daily basis. No, this is about ignorant and cold hearted people with no regard to anyone but themselves, who couldn't make it at anything else, becoming police officers. These are the bullies in school who want to keep being bullies, so they put on a badge in order to continue being bullies....and from the looks of your comment on this forum in regards to FiveOpd316, you fit that mold to the T. You want to crack comments on FiveO, but you would be the likely candidate to do the exact same thing that you're moaning about right now. By your comments, YOU would seem to be the type who would taze the little old lady, shoot her poodles, or do something to violate someone's constitutional rights.

I give FiveO credit. Instead of firing back with a dose of your own medicine, he stayed professional. Good job FiveO.

First, there are then a whole lot of people with their own agenda who are cops. Read about more and more each day.

Second, you have no idea about what I do or do not do to stand for what I believe. So until you do, stop trying to muddy the waters so you and your buddy can appear valid. It is none of your business and your speculation is just that. Speculation.

Third, your stupid comments about me fitting the mold are just plain ignorant and further prove my OPINION about the cops you so defend. BLAH BLAH BLAH. Again, you are just talking in the wind with no basis at all.

Fourth, Of course you give him credit, he is a cop, you are a cop. Just like the judge gives credit on those warrants. You are just another member of a pitiful group pretending to do good while serving your own desire to bully and show your power.

5-0 if you believe that anyone should have the right for any reason to hold someone down and take their BLOOD then you do not, nor will you every understand the concept of a persons freedom. No warrant, no anything gives that right. If you think there is a reason that validates that, then you represent what I hate. NOT YOU. THE FACT THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE OR VALUES TO NOT INFRINGE ON THE LIBERTIES OF CITIZENS. IF A JUDGE/LAW SAYS IT IS OK THEN YOU WILL DO IT, REGARLESS. To me, then you have no honor. Just because you can do something does not mean you should. Now you did not make the law I know, a person with any understanding of the constitution. The only thing the judge does is see the paper, from a COP, he then issues the warrant. And as your buddy point out about bad cops, the judge will not know the good cops from the bad. He sees a warrant request and gives it. Your belief that someone should/can be forced to give blood says all.

Also, the example of a sexual assault case is not even near the same thing.

Okay. :)

You call it a police state that is developing in this country, but the police doesn't make the laws in this country. Smoking or talking on cell phones inside of vehicles, most of us police officers can care less about that. You want to smoke in your car, light em up. The abuse that "bad cops" inflict on the "citizens" are happening because of low life bullies, or "citizens" with agendas who have become police officers. Like I said, those "bad cops" are citizens who love to bully, love to call people names, love to degrade anyone who disagrees with them..."does any of this look familiar" Locutus?

Like I said in my earlier post, to us "good cops", the end doesn't justify the means. Also, I've been a police officer now for over 9 years and not once have I ever held someone down and extracted blood from them. If you know of a police officer who has done so, then please, by all means, report them.

NO. It does not look familar at all except to see one cop defending another, which I can watch on the news any day of the week. Again, you speak of things you know nothing about, you do not know what I do, what I champion for, what I protest for, what I do at all. So you just show your true colors by going into your little fits here. So yes it does look familar, exactly what I would expect from you, A COP.

No, I do not know one officer who has. That is left to medical staff. You are just there to further abuse and file more charges God forbid the person being forced to give up his/her blood tries to resist. You would be right there with your little "tazer" joining in. Your thought that you are doing good and protecting is a joke. That is the reason cops rank right up there with lawyers. Guess the whole world is wrong huh. All but you "COPS."

BTW...I rarely get a search warrant. I usually let the video stand alone. Sadly, drunks are always eager to show everyone exactly how drunk they are.

This I have to say is very correct. I hate and abhor drunks and anyone who would do such. However, not to the point of forcing people to give blood for any reason.

First, there are then a whole lot of people with their own agenda who are cops. Read about more and more each day.

Second, you have no idea about what I do or do not do to stand for what I believe. So until you do, stop trying to muddy the waters so you and your buddy can appear valid. It is none of your business and your speculation is just that. Speculation.

Third, your stupid comments about me fitting the mold are just plain ignorant and further prove my OPINION about the cops you so defend. BLAH BLAH BLAH. Again, you are just talking in the wind with no basis at all.

Fourth, Of course you give him credit, he is a cop, you are a cop. Just like the judge gives credit on those warrants. You are just another member of a pitiful group pretending to do good while serving your own desire to bully and show your power.

1. Yes, and I do believe I covered them. Remember now, they were "citizens" first. "Citizens" just like you and me.

2. To stand for what you believe, or to act on what you believe is more like it. So, which is it?

3. So you aren't a "citizen"? Or cops aren't "citizens" first? which is it? By the way, the only cops I defend are the good ones. You however, are the one who doesn't discriminate when it comes to cops. Stereotype much?

4. From the look of things, I'm not the member of the pitiful group. You are the one calling names, you are the one who is vague on what you do and don't do. YOU are the one who is showing the bully side...not us.

Yep. I believe that about sums it up.

FiveOpd has been completely respectful while you on the other hand, hasn't been. Not too difficult to figure things out.

From what I'm reading, you have a hatred towards FiveOpd316 simply because he's a cop.

Then you can't read. I hate no man. I have never met 5-0, do not know him, so for you to say I hate him, is simply stupid. And just another example of your just spewing off at the mouth. He is but a small, very small, part of a system that has run amuck. It has nothing to do with him as a person, it has to do with what he represents. He is a continuation of the problem, as are YOU! But I do not hate. Totally wasted emotion. I feel sorry for you both that you do not have what it takes to stand and do what is right. You do not have the courage to stand for anything, your only power comes from what someone else gives you behind that badge. Pitiful. Very pitiful.

1. Yes, and I do believe I covered them. Remember now, they were "citizens" first. "Citizens" just like you and me.

2. To stand for what you believe, or to act on what you believe is more like it. So, which is it?

3. So you aren't a "citizen"? Or cops aren't "citizens" first? which is it? By the way, the only cops I defend are the good ones. You however, are the one who doesn't discriminate when it comes to cops. Stereotype much?

4. From the look of things, I'm not the member of the pitiful group. You are the one calling names, you are the one who is vague on what you do and don't do. YOU are the one who is showing the bully side...not us.

Yep. I believe that about sums it up.

FiveOpd has been completely respectful while you on the other hand, hasn't been. Not too difficult to figure things out.

Sure. Give him a kiss for me. BLAH BLAH BLAH

NO. It does not look familar at all except to see one cop defending another, which I can watch on the news any day of the week. Again, you speak of things you know nothing about, you do not know what I do, what I champion for, what I protest for, what I do at all. So you just show your true colors by going into your little fits here. So yes it does look familar, exactly what I would expect from you, A COP.

No, I do not know one officer who has. That is left to medical staff. You are just there to further abuse and file more charges God forbid the person being forced to give up his/her blood tries to resist. You would be right there with your little "tazer" joining in. Your thought that you are doing good and protecting is a joke. That is the reason cops rank right up there with lawyers. Guess the whole world is wrong huh. All but you "COPS."

Firstly, from the first paragraph of your post...I'm not the one going into a little fit. By the way, it should look familiar, they are after all, your words and not mine.

Secondly, from the second paragraph of your post...you're right, you don't know of any officers who have, because they don't forcibly hold anyone down to have their blood drawn. I know that had to be difficult to type, but I'm sure you'll make up for it in any other posts regarding police officers.

Thirdly, yes, there are cops who are wrong...I believe that's been covered. But as I've stated, this isn't a police state, no matter how much you try to convince everyone that it is. Also, if the person isn't drinking to the point to where they actually kill someone, there won't be a reason to get a warrant for that medical staff to draw the blood...right?

Right.

Then you can't read. I hate no man. I have never met 5-0, do not know him, so for you to say I hate him, is simply stupid. And just another example of your just spewing off at the mouth. He is but a small, very small, part of a system that has run amuck. It has nothing to do with him as a person, it has to do with what he represents. He is a continuation of the problem, as are YOU! But I do not hate. Totally wasted emotion. I feel sorry for you both that you do not have what it takes to stand and do what is right. You do not have the courage to stand for anything, your only power comes from what someone else gives you behind that badge. Pitiful. Very pitiful.

Okay then Locutus, I'll play that game.

As a police officer, what have "I" done that makes you think that I don't stand and do what is right?

Talk about talking out of the side of my mouth. In an earlier post, you went all juvenile, saying that I know nothing about you or what you stand for....

But yet, you can sit there and make a statement about FiveO or myself as if you live down the street from us....

Again, stereotype much?

You will not find a cop that doesn't defend the others....they are a brotherhood of legalized organized crime. Anymore I find it an extremely rare occasion to not see one talking/texting while driving, using their position to gain advantage, I know that cops will not give other off duty cops speeding tickets same goes for spouses of cops [i said cops not cameras].....did you say above the law? Why sure they are. The good cop is a rare find these days not the other way around.

I have a buddy who has a wrecker service and from time to time I have gone out on a call when his rotation comes up or he is requested.

Not long ago I went with him on a single vehicle accident rotation call. When we arrived there was a young man strapped on a gurney and a cop was in his face, [if he had been closer he would have been kissing the guy] spitting all over while he screamed at the restrained young man, my buddy recognized the young man and asked him if he was okay, the cop then turned to my buddy and started yelling at him and telling him that he didn't need to speak to the "suspect" and to just get the vehicle and mind your own business. The cop was going balistic on the EMT's and anyone who said anything to him, at one point he reached around behind him, and the guy on the gurney said " Don't taze me bro" [every one but that cops thought it was funny].....boy! was that the wrong thing to say, the cop jumped on the gurney and was straddling the guy as the State Trooper arrived. The cop wasn't going for a tazer -- he was going for his pepper spray and he told [screamed] the guy that and that he was not authorized to carry a tazer and seemed to be quite upset that he wasn't allowed to have one. The Trooper may have been one of those rare good cops or he was playing one that night because he gave that cop a good dressing down and kept the situation from getting out of control. Apparently the young man had passed the FST and the trooper had been called to conduct further testing, the young man voluntarily submitted to the breath testing then he was taken to ER in an ambulance. While we were getting the car loaded on the wrecker, the cops [all but the state trooper] walked up and down the roadside and picked up all alcoholic beverage cans and bottles they could find and put them into the car as we were winching it onto the wrecker. That is just one instance, everytime I go on a call with him, I witness cops at their worst with the one time exception being the Trooper who stood up for the rights of the accused against another LEO. ...and don't let that "citizen first" thing fool you, you heard that from a guy who claims the constitution only applies to "citizens" or at least he alluded that he felt it should only apply to U.S. citizens.

It's like politicians, mainly republicans --- they will all say that there are "some" bad ones, but it is the RINOs themselves who will never admit that they are in fact RINOs and then it spreads like a cancer thoughout the whole group. One bad apple can spoil the whole bunch.

Firstly, from the first paragraph of your post...I'm not the one going into a little fit. By the way, it should look familiar, they are after all, your words and not mine.

Secondly, from the second paragraph of your post...you're right, you don't know of any officers who have, because they don't forcibly hold anyone down to have their blood drawn. I know that had to be difficult to type, but I'm sure you'll make up for it in any other posts regarding police officers.

Thirdly, yes, there are cops who are wrong...I believe that's been covered. But as I've stated, this isn't a police state, no matter how much you try to convince everyone that it is. Also, if the person isn't drinking to the point to where they actually kill someone, there won't be a reason to get a warrant for that medical staff to draw the blood...right?

Right.

First, You saying anyone is throwing a "fit" is just stupid, well it is actually your arrogrance, but you have no idea. Just more of you saying "stuff" and thinking it is valid. Just like you always come on here and rant and rave, and then when anyone says anything different you start the crying about them calling names etc... So gonna ignore most of your just spewing things to muddy the waters. Grow up or get out of the thread.

Second,Check and see if they will not be held down if they refuse. And no, officers do not draw the blood, I said that earlier, so again, either quit trying to only say "incorrect" things to try and prove your point or go to the food section and comment there. YES THEY WILL HOLD SOMEONE DOWN AND TAKE THE BLOOD. FACT.

As to the third part of the statement of your, does not matter if there is a reason or not, that is not the point. Point is that no one has the right to hold someone down and take their blood. It violates every aspect of our constitution. PERIOD. ANY officer who would be a part of such does not deserve to be a part of our society. Try and stay up please. There is no constitutional reason at all.

Okay then Locutus, I'll play that game.

As a police officer, what have "I" done that makes you think that I don't stand and do what is right?

Talk about talking out of the side of my mouth. In an earlier post, you went all juvenile, saying that I know nothing about you or what you stand for....

But yet, you can sit there and make a statement about FiveO or myself as if you live down the street from us....

Again, stereotype much?

Jesus, get this through that COP brain of yours, IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU! This is not about you or 5-0, Obviously you both think very highly of your own importance as "cops" but this is not about any individual cop. Cerainly not two from Podunk Police Department, USA.

Yep, just the type of response I was expecting.

Like I said, bad cops were "citizens" first. Now you don't have to worry about where they come from.

What you just did would be a typical response I would expect from a "bad cop". Congrats.

No Problem. Enjoy.

You will not find a cop that doesn't defend the others....they are a brotherhood of legalized organized crime. Anymore I find it an extremely rare occasion to not see one talking/texting while driving, using their position to gain advantage, I know that cops will not give other off duty cops speeding tickets same goes for spouses of cops [i said cops not cameras].....did you say above the law? Why sure they are. The good cop is a rare find these days not the other way around.

I have a buddy who has a wrecker service and from time to time I have gone out on a call when his rotation comes up or he is requested.

Not long ago I went with him on a single vehicle accident rotation call. When we arrived there was a young man strapped on a gurney and a cop was in his face, [if he had been closer he would have been kissing the guy] spitting all over while he screamed at the restrained young man, my buddy recognized the young man and asked him if he was okay, the cop then turned to my buddy and started yelling at him and telling him that he didn't need to speak to the "suspect" and to just get the vehicle and mind your own business. The cop was going balistic on the EMT's and anyone who said anything to him, at one point he reached around behind him, and the guy on the gurney said " Don't taze me bro" [every one but that cops thought it was funny].....boy! was that the wrong thing to say, the cop jumped on the gurney and was straddling the guy as the State Trooper arrived. The cop wasn't going for a tazer -- he was going for his pepper spray and he told [screamed] the guy that and that he was not authorized to carry a tazer and seemed to be quite upset that he wasn't allowed to have one. The Trooper may have been one of those rare good cops or he was playing one that night because he gave that cop a good dressing down and kept the situation from getting out of control. Apparently the young man had passed the FST and the trooper had been called to conduct further testing, the young man voluntarily submitted to the breath testing then he was taken to ER in an ambulance. While we were getting the car loaded on the wrecker, the cops [all but the state trooper] walked up and down the roadside and picked up all alcoholic beverage cans and bottles they could find and put them into the car as we were winching it onto the wrecker. That is just one instance, everytime I go on a call with him, I witness cops at their worst with the one time exception being the Trooper who stood up for the rights of the accused against another LEO. ...and don't let that "citizen first" thing fool you, you heard that from a guy who claims the constitution only applies to "citizens" or at least he alluded that he felt it should only apply to U.S. citizens.

It's like politicians, mainly republicans --- they will all say that there are "some" bad ones, but it is the RINOs themselves who will never admit that they are in fact RINOs and then it spreads like a cancer thoughout the whole group. One bad apple can spoil the whole bunch.

Exactly correct. And it is rampant in this country.

Look. It boils down to this. The 4th amendment to the Constitution gives law enforcement the right to seize items as evidence of a crime if due process is followed. That includes blood or anything else that may be secreting evidence. If you are against that, the you are the one who is opposed to the Constitution. I'm sorry you don't like it. It's ugly. I agree, but it is still within the confines of the Constitution. If I have PC that you committed a crime, then I can petition a judge to obtain that evidence. It's called good police work. We'll continue to do our job and I will make sure the officers under me will continue to do their jobs. I will also continue to make sure that they do it within the confines of the Constitution and not within the confines of what Mr. Locutus thinks the law should be.

Look. It boils down to this. The 4th amendment to the Constitution gives law enforcement the right to seize items as evidence of a crime if due process is followed. That includes blood or anything else that may be secreting evidence. If you are against that, the you are the one who is opposed to the Constitution. I'm sorry you don't like it. It's ugly. I agree, but it is still within the confines of the Constitution. If I have PC that you committed a crime, then I can petition a judge to obtain that evidence. It's called good police work. We'll continue to do our job and I will make sure the officers under me will continue to do their jobs. I will also continue to make sure that they do it within the confines of the Constitution and not within the confines of what Mr. Locutus thinks the law should be.

Dude! the 4th Amendment doesn't give Law Enforcement the right to do anything, it gives the individual protection from unreasonable searches and seizures. So in truth it is the innocent person who should demand that a warrant be served before permitting law enforcement to search or seize anything....otherwise it is "unreasonable" to search an innocent person.

WOW. Are you serious. You are the perfect example of why the system is so messed up. Idiot cops who believe the purpose of the CONSTITUTION is to give them abuse powers.

Sick dude. Way sick. Can't fix stupid.

Dude! the 4th Amendment doesn't give Law Enforcement the right to do anything, it gives the individual protection from unreasonable searches and seizures. So in truth it is the innocent person who should demand that a warrant be served before permitting law enforcement to search or seize anything....otherwise it is "unreasonable" to search an innocent person.

To a cop the innocent must prove they are innocent. They don't get that the founding fathers knew exactly what we still know today about "power" / "cops" they will always abuse, police today certainly prove what the founding fathers knew. 5-0ppie is classic of what the ff were trying to prevent.

WOW. Are you serious. You are the perfect example of why the system is so messed up. Idiot cops who believe the purpose of the CONSTITUTION is to give them abuse powers.

Sick dude. Way sick. Can't fix stupid.

Simple question....

Does the 4th amendment set a process for obtaining a search warrant? You're right. Stupid can't be fixed. It can't even be reasoned with. Answer the question then think to yourself what a stupid post you made, then go to bed. I don't need your response on the thread as I am not here to try to embarrass anyone.

I agree. it is unreasonable to go around searching or arresting people (innocent or not) without proper due process. The 4th amendment explains that process. Yes or no?

As for my wording, it could have been better. It does not give the right to law enforcement, but explains how to do it within the confines of the law. It sets out in no uncertain terms what must be done to obtain a search warrant. No where is it said that the search warrant can't include blood.

First, You saying anyone is throwing a "fit" is just stupid, well it is actually your arrogrance, but you have no idea. Just more of you saying "stuff" and thinking it is valid. Just like you always come on here and rant and rave, and then when anyone says anything different you start the crying about them calling names etc... So gonna ignore most of your just spewing things to muddy the waters. Grow up or get out of the thread.

Second,Check and see if they will not be held down if they refuse. And no, officers do not draw the blood, I said that earlier, so again, either quit trying to only say "incorrect" things to try and prove your point or go to the food section and comment there. YES THEY WILL HOLD SOMEONE DOWN AND TAKE THE BLOOD. FACT.

As to the third part of the statement of your, does not matter if there is a reason or not, that is not the point. Point is that no one has the right to hold someone down and take their blood. It violates every aspect of our constitution. PERIOD. ANY officer who would be a part of such does not deserve to be a part of our society. Try and stay up please. There is no constitutional reason at all.

Wait, so let me see if I've got this straight. It's okay for "you" to accuse someone of throwing a fit, but not for someone else. Double standard much? Now then "I" rant and rave when someone says anything different? you might want to look in the mirror because again...you double standard much?

Secondly, the only way that a doctor will draw blood for a police officer is "if" an accident occured and there was a death or serious bodily injury. And if the subject refuses, then the judge will sign a warrant for the blood and it will in fact be drawn.

Thirdly, no constitutional right is being broken when the judge signs a warrant for the blood.